Forest Point Deduction (1 Viewer)

xcraigx

I presume there are no set penalties for certain amounts of losses? Surely, if you break such and such a rule the penalty should be set in stone and not be one that can be argued with and eventually altered at a later date?

no_loyalty

It’s a farce that Man City will likely get away with their 100 charges.
I bet if they don’t win the league this season the FA will deduct them points at the end of the season. If they win the league they will wait until next season, or not charge them at all.

napolimp

I'd be surprised if Forest get relegated, they probably have the easiest run-in out of everyone down there. Luton will likely have the least quality if they came down, I think most stand out players will leave.

chiefdave

Like so much in football the issue is the lack of transparency and, taking things at face value, an inconsistency is how the rules are applied and punishments issued

Terry Gibson's perm

So they are at the top end of the league because of the players they shouldn’t have as they were cheating.

HadjiChippo

I don’t know why Leicester fans are trying to weasel out of this by saying “but Man City 😢

The Man City case is a decade long challenge involving hundreds of cases, it’s not necessarily an FFP, or PSR case. The charges relate from everything to sponsorship fraud to strange funding loopholes/player and manager payment loopholes. They also have some of the best legal defence in the world combing over the case and using every delay and stall tactic.

The fact remains, Leicester are known repeated financial cheats and after years of avoiding charges whilst winning leagues and cups, it’s finally catching up with them. My only thought is how the EFL bungled their case against them so badly, surely if they’ve brought enough on themselves for a PL charge, the EFL financial restrictions are even stricter so should face charges there too.

From what I can see they’ve broken both leagues rules, but are using the same excuse to try and get out of both. “We weren’t In your league for some of our rule breaking”. We’ll see what happens when they publish reports to the EFL.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don’t know why Leicester fans are trying to weasel out of this by saying “but Man City 😢

The Man City case is a decade long challenge involving hundreds of cases, it’s not necessarily an FFP, or PSR case. The charges relate from everything to sponsorship fraud to strange funding loopholes/player and manager payment loopholes. They also have some of the best legal defence in the world combing over the case and using every delay and stall tactic.

The fact remains, Leicester are known repeated financial cheats and after years of avoiding charges whilst winning leagues and cups, it’s finally catching up with them. My only thought is how the EFL bungled their case against them so badly, surely if they’ve brought enough on themselves for a PL charge, the EFL financial restrictions are even stricter so should face charges there too.

From what I can see they’ve broken both leagues rules, but are using the same excuse to try and get out of both. “We weren’t In your league for some of our rule breaking”. We’ll see what happens when they publish reports to the EFL.
With the Man City thing, where it's pretty obvious to all and sundry that they've broken the rules numerous times over and are just using legal cases to stall and delay, theoretically couldn't the PL/FA just revoke their membership and deny them entry to their competitions?

wingy

With the Man City thing, where it's pretty obvious to all and sundry that they've broken the rules numerous times over and are just using legal cases to stall and delay, theoretically couldn't the PL/FA just revoke their membership and deny them entry to their competitions?
Like sequestrate the national wealth fund of Qatar to filter the money back to the UK government?

mark82

Oh dear, how sad, never mind...

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Users who are viewing this thread