for Bradford fans (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Can Dynamo predict your games like he did for the Euros in his TV shows?

just a thought I had earlier, cus if I woke up and knew a 0-4 loss was going to happen, would you turn up?

Bratfud

Of course I would turn up. Whilst in League 2 for 6 years it felt like a chore more than a passion going to games. However, week in week out the majority of fans turned up. If the last 12 years of supporting Bradford City was a marriage I would have walked out years ago!

In my opinion it was a decent game today, say what you like about our 'direct' style or your Basketball defending, it was a very entertaining game.

Good luck for the season and I would not wish your stadium situation on any Fan of Football, hope you get it sorted.

I couldn't put up with watching that football every week!!

I bet you'd swap our season last year for yours though.

To be fair it wasn't that bad, yes it was direct but there were nice bits of wing play in there from Reid and it was an entertaining game from both sides.

ccfc92

Completely missed the point. Dynamo correctly predicted the result of all euro knock out games. I was asking, surely he could do the same for Bradford? As he's a Bradford fan

theferret

To be fair it wasn't that bad, yes it was direct but there were nice bits of wing play in there from Reid and it was an entertaining game from both sides.

Reid was a class above. You had a couple of stand out players. I don't think you need to be so direct in truth. And yes, if I'm honest I'd give anything for a promotion season.

Last edited:

ecky

Reid was a class above. You had a couple of stand out players. I don't think you need to be so direct in truth. And yes, if I'm honest I give anything for a promotion season.

Reid and Wells were excellent would like to see them at cov, both got pace to burn and would fit in nicely....dreaming?

Bratfud

Completely missed the point. Dynamo correctly predicted the result of all euro knock out games. I was asking, surely he could do the same for Bradford? As he's a Bradford fan

Absolutely missed the point, the title of the thread is 'for Bradford fans' as well.

Covstu

Wasn't that bad! Your midfielders must have a sore neck with the amount of balls bypassing them!!

To be fair, in enjoyed you lot outmuscle the gooners and the vile last season.

ccfc92

So, does he? Surely when he goes to games you crowd around him? Or does he just turn up for the games vs arsenal etc?

Reid was a class above. You had a couple of stand out players. I don't think you need to be so direct in truth. And yes, if I'm honest I give anything for a promotion season.

We're not always quite so direct, we have two footballing fullbacks and usually mix it up quite well between playing through the feet of Reid and Wells and hitting Hansons head but when we're chasing the game it's quite often front to back pretty quickly. As we were chasing the game quite early today we played like that for most of the match and it seemed to expose some weaknesses in your defensive partnership so there wasn't much need to change it up.

I thought the point was pretty fair overall and you've got a very decent team. I can't believe the ref is taking stick from your side though and I was a little disappointed in the way Pressley conducted himself post match but I suppose that the usual difference in opinion you get by being opposing fans.

ecky

We're not always quite so direct, we have two footballing fullbacks and usually mix it up quite well between playing through the feet of Reid and Wells and hitting Hansons head but when we're chasing the game it's quite often front to back pretty quickly. As we were chasing the game quite early today we played like that for most of the match and it seemed to expose some weaknesses in your defensive partnership so there wasn't much need to change it up.

I thought the point was pretty fair overall and you've got a very decent team. I can't believe the ref is taking stick from your side though and I was a little disappointed in the way Pressley conducted himself post match but I suppose that the usual difference in opinion you get by being opposing fans.

well your gaffer has said something pretty insulting to our gaffer...thats why he is fuming...in fact pressley said he couldnt repeat it, nice guy your manager eh?
Have a look at the you tube clip of pressley being interviewed by bbc cov and warwickshire after the game and parkinson is being a complete muppet behind him

KersleyDigs

I don't think your manager acquitted himself very well listening to this interview.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mmvm5nnLNY

Terrible ref display will not have helped the manager's opinions. Thomas yellow carded for a shirt tug, only to be kicked in the face and no booking for the Bradford player. Webster, blatant handball should have been a red. Two of the goals were offside (one a piece). Fleck was hacked down in the penalty area from behind and no penalty given. I could go on....

I doubt the managers would have crossed paths if the ref was in control of the game.

well your gaffer has said something pretty insulting to our gaffer...thats why he is fuming...in fact pressley said he couldnt repeat it, nice guy your manager eh?
Have a look at the you tube clip of pressley being interviewed by bbc cov and warwickshire after the game and parkinson is being a complete muppet behind him

It's not Parkinson clapping, it's the fans in the executive boxes behind him clapping our manager coming out to do his interview. If you listen closely you can hear that there's multiple people clapping and somebody says "well done Phil mate". That's why I was disappointed that Pressley tried to make out that it was Parkinson.

I wonder what went on with the manager but without any details how can anybody make a judgement?

ecky

It's not Parkinson clapping, it's the fans in the executive boxes behind him clapping our manager coming out to do his interview. If you listen closely you can hear that there's multiple people clapping and somebody says "well done Phil mate". That's why I was disappointed that Pressley tried to make out that it was Parkinson.

I wonder what went on with the manager but without any details how can anybody make a judgement?

your manager said something after the game in front of the dug outs, pressleys face changed completely from a weak smile to you what?

I don't think your manager acquitted himself very well listening to this interview.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mmvm5nnLNY

Terrible ref display will not have helped the manager's opinions. Thomas yellow carded for a shirt tug, only to be kicked in the face and no booking for the Bradford player. Webster, blatant handball should have been a red. Two of the goals were offside (one a piece). Fleck was hacked down in the penalty area from behind and no penalty given. I could go on....

I doubt the managers would have crossed paths if the ref was in control of the game.

As for the ref, both teams got a man kicked in the face with no action taking (Gary Jones took one in the first half), Thomas got yellow carded for a shirt tug when Reid was running at the back line which was fair enough IMO and I wasn't sure about the Fleck penalty as Flecks body was blocking mine (and the refs) view.

I thought than one of your lads got away with a studs up challenge on Doyle that could have been seen differently by another ref. So yes the ref got decisions wrong as they all do but he certainly wasn't favouring one team over another or made a massive impact on the result.

Covstu

I don't think anyone can comment what went on and what was said. If Parkie said something off, we will never know unless one of them spill the beans!

988YSR

Lol.

OP made a lighthearted comment the bantams have misunderstood.

Dynamo is a man yoo fan from Bradford but plastics when we're in limelight.

He's no cleverley P.

It seems summat went off with gaffers. If Parky said summat it was out of character and probably in retaliation to Pressley - that was a pen!

We've got a real hatred with Rotherham now cos of their gaffer from when he was at Crawley - hope Bradford City aren't the new enemy. Sadly it appears Moore's and Evan's tactics have rubbed off.

I've always liked you Blues from Prem days - Shaw, Dublin et al!and most City fans strongly empathise with your situation, no doubt more of you would have travelled if it had been 3 on a saturday.

Overall, yes, we were seriously diect today but when Yeates came on, we played it about.

We're missing 'Drogba-slayer' Andrew Davies and have been very shaky in back, and with no win in 7, it's showing, so hence the poor performance.

But as cups showed, it can work!

Hope you boys are back in the Ricoh soon - many Bradfordians were exited at the prospect of visiting it!. And for all the stick Bradford - shithole, we know! - gets, hope the travelling fans had a good time.

Fair result in end, surely ?. An offside and howler apiece, some brilliance from Wilson and the Shaquille o'Neil made a guest appearance late on.

Ta ra.

Last edited:

ecky

Lol.

He's no cleverley P.

It seems summat went off with gaffers. If Parky said summat it was out of character and probably in retaliation to Pressley - that was a pen!

We've got a real hatred with Rotherham now cos of their gaffer from when he was at Crawley - ould hate for us to be the am. Sadly it appears Moore's and Evan's tactics have rubbed off.

I've always liked you Blues from Prem days - Shaw, Dublin et al!and most City fans strongly empathise with your situation, no doubt more of you would have travelled if it had been 3 on a saturday.

Overall, yes, we were seriously diect today but when Yeates came on, we played it about.

We're missing 'Drogba-slayer' Andrew Davies and have been very shaky in back, and with no win in 7, it's showing, so hence the poor performance.

Hope you boys are back in the Ricoh soon - many Bradfordians were exited at the prospect of visiting it!. And for all the stick Bradford - shithole, we know! - gets, hope the travelling fans had a good time.

Fair result in end, surely ?. An offside and howler apiece, some brilliance from Wilson and the Shaquille o'Neil made a guest appearance late on.

Ta ra.

mutual respect......

tehspecialone

Facebook User
Ref was terrible, wouldn't say he was biased though. I though the challenge on Fleck was a penalty, can't remember which, but you could have easily had a penalty earlier on. Was a definite penalty at the end as well.

The thing I couldn't understand is why the ref carried on with play when Thomas got kicked in the head, especially considering he stopped play a minute earlier when one of the Bradford players hurt their leg a little.

KersleyDigs

As for the ref, both teams got a man kicked in the face with no action taking (Gary Jones took one in the first half), Thomas got yellow carded for a shirt tug when Reid was running at the back line which was fair enough IMO and I wasn't sure about the Fleck penalty as Flecks body was blocking mine (and the refs) view.

I thought than one of your lads got away with a studs up challenge on Doyle that could have been seen differently by another ref. So yes the ref got decisions wrong as they all do but he certainly wasn't favouring one team over another or made a massive impact on the result.

So we're in agreement then?! I was never suggesting a bias from the ref, just that his lack of competency left both managers frustrated, hence the post match friction....

Last edited:

988YSR

We don't have fond memories of Friend, he sent off Duke at 0-3 v Swansea .. And generally we never get rub of Green. Hanson always gets impeded, always gives away freekick. He got one today!.

Webster should have been off for his handball - Wells would have scored.

Covstu

the ref wasn't biased I would agree, Webster's situation was a handball I would totally agree. The ref was inconsistent all game, we should have got a penalty, Bradford may have got one (if he went to ground), not a clue why Wilson got a yellow card for having the ball kicked at him!

A draw was a fair result, never a good time to give a penalty but it was one for sure.

As for your final, Duke was rightly red carded but maybe could have been a little more sympathetic as you were getting humped at the time!!!

steveo1987

Lol.

He's no cleverley P.

We've got a real hatred with Rotherham now cos of their gaffer from when he was at Crawley - hope Bradford City aren't the new enemy. Sadly it appears Moore's and Evan's tactics have rubbed off.

Ta ra.

Spot on assessment,fair play to you

Bratfud

I'm assuming the yellow card was given for -

"failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in" - per Law 12 of Rules of the game.

These damn refs using the rule book!

Shame he was not consistent with the rules!!

Speedies_Chips

to me it was a good decision by the ref as your lad was clearly trying to get in the way of the free kick being taken quickly rather than retreating the necessary yards.

So what about all the times opposing players stand over the ball to stop a free kick being taken? They never seem to get booked. Annoys the hell out of me! :)

letsallsingtogether

He was running away at the time and had his back to your player then had the ball kicked against him

to me it was a good decision by the ref as your lad was clearly trying to get in the way of the free kick being taken quickly rather than retreating the necessary yards.

Users who are viewing this thread