Football Manager (3 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m shit at 23, and blame it on the scouting system. Can never get them to reliably find players that I want and can afford.

Took 3 seasons for me to get Cov up, then got sacked first season in the prem.
Finished 12th in the next season but I’d say about two thirds of that was in the relegation zone until a late surge in form. Usually I finish around mid table in the first season then qualify for Europe the next and those are all with weaker squads than this one.

Wonderkids are a lot harder to find and most of the other players I can sign aren’t better than what I’ve already got. Hardly any wing backs can cross either which is a pain if you want to play 5 at the back. Glad I got it for £15 as otherwise I’d have refunded it

• Haha
Reactions: vow

vow

Still sky blues boss

Just won the EFL Cup and my U23's won the checatrade.
Semi Champions league and FA cup to play...

1st in PLeague with 6 game's to go too

It's fookin tough at the top......after 8 years at the helm

Pep is Manure manager after Mourhinho left, having won 3 PL titles in his tenure.

If, and it's a huge IF, I win em al, think I will move onto FM18!
City will be in L2 in that one 👍
Missed out on PL by 2 points to Man-ure! Came 2nd.

However! Won all 3 cups, FA, League and CL, so I won't be moving on to FM18 just yet....gotta win the PL, which now the pressure and expectation will be v high indeed.

Brighton Sky Blue

Missed out on PL by 2 points to Man-ure! Came 2nd.

However! Won all 3 cups, FA, League and CL, so I won't be moving on to FM18 just yet....gotta win the PL, which now the pressure and expectation will be v high indeed.
Quite fun climbing the leagues in FM18, though now of course you have to get to the PL in less time than Robins. Dabo has bought you a bit of time

vow

Quite fun climbing the leagues in FM18, though now of course you have to get to the PL in less time than Robins. Dabo has bought you a bit of time
haha, yea!
i do like a challenge, so to beat the King would be very special indeed!

looking forward to climbing the leagues in FM18....but not just yet as there is massive pressure on me this season 24/25 (FM17) to be the Winner of PL after previously not having won it (?) but winning the CL has probably caused that and now City have a complete 5 Star Worldwide Rep. too.

Brighton Sky Blue

In the 25/26 season, currently sat in the top 4 with a League Cup final and FA Cup quarter on the horizon. Alex Scott signing in the summer was a big improvement in midfield, and courtesy of scouting in random U21 competitions we have a few strong youngsters through the door too.

Outside chance of the title but would be pretty chuffed with Europe after two tough seasons.

• Love

Brighton Sky Blue

Beat Spurs 5-1 in the LC final, went out at the FA Cup quarters. Sitting 3rd, two games to go, away at Chelsea then home to Man Utd, 3 points behind Chelsea.

Made the CL but tight Doug has given a transfer budget of £20m.

• Wow

vow

Beat Spurs 5-1 in the LC final, went out at the FA Cup quarters. Sitting 3rd, two games to go, away at Chelsea then home to Man Utd, 3 points behind Chelsea.

Made the CL but tight Doug has given a transfer budget of £20m.
£20M!!!? fookin ell, good luck for the CL!

Brighton Sky Blue

£20M!!!? fookin ell, good luck for the CL!
I do really need to upgrade my keeper and probably one of the centre backs, which I might be able to do by selling a couple of fringe players. Still pretty underwhelmed though!

vow

I do really need to upgrade my keeper and probably one of the centre backs, which I might be able to do by selling a couple of fringe players. Still pretty underwhelmed though!
Aye, v underwhelming that and also surprised!
However, I feel that DK might be misjudged in FM23? And possibly be more generous in the next version?

Brighton Sky Blue

Aye, v underwhelming that and also surprised!
However, I feel that DK might be misjudged in FM23? And possibly be more generous in the next version?
I managed to raise another £30m from sales but even then it’s difficult improving the squad with the wage demands on top.

ajsccfc

Still on the save I started when FM23 first came out which while not the longest career I've played, is probably the longest I've played a single save in real time. No matter what I do though I cannot start a new one until I beat PSG in a CL knockout game

YbKnp6v.png

I may be some time.

2035/36 update: Champions League R16, overturned a first leg defeat to gallantly slay Barcelona

Quarter final draw? Paris Saint-Germain. FUCK'S SAKE

• Haha

Brighton Sky Blue

PL title sealed with 6 games to go in the 27/28 season, FA Cup final against Arsenal to come and Man City in CL semi finals. Man Utd have been in an amusing fight against relegation too but unfortunately pulled clear in time.

Also clearing a lot of the transfer debt I built up to get the squad assembled this summer so Doug has given a £45m budget, very generous by his standards.

David O'Day

FM24 is very good so far, liking the new transfer features, the matches look amazing and the little tactic tweaks that allow the new "positions" you see these days work well

Promising

David O'Day

When is it out?
The 6th but you can buy the early release beta version, download the full release on the 6th for free and continue and saves. The current beta is the final version with just a bit of bug testing to do (which you can report)

It also allows you to import your fm23 saves into fm24 so you can continue a save with the new features

ajsccfc

I'm on the beta but the only bug I've had is a fairly drastic one, it won't let me either play, sim or holiday past a particular date in August as the game just shuts down with no error message or fanfare. Hoping whatever that is, it's patched out by the full release and I can progress through to my inevitable 0-1 against Sunderland.

David O'Day

I've got through to January so looks like it is fixed
I'm on the beta but the only bug I've had is a fairly drastic one, it won't let me either play, sim or holiday past a particular date in August as the game just shuts down with no error message or fanfare. Hoping whatever that is, it's patched out by the full release and I can progress through to my inevitable 0-1 against Sunderland.

David O'Day

The tactics are really quite good

The Inverted Wingback is much better in this one, in previous versions this position is just a narrow fullback, now it seems to actually be a player who defends at right back and moves into a CDM position when you have the ball

The new Inverted Full Back is a really good version of the full back when defending and cb when you have the ball. Think Ake at Man City and Doyle's Leicester position

Allowing you select a libero position for a cb in a 2 man partnership allows you pick a player to do the John Stones cb and then cdm position

ajsccfc

I've got through to January so looks like it is fixed

I think this is very specific to my save as I rushed through one quickly and I'm sure I got to the January transfer window before I restarted, so there's something above my save that's corrupt, applies to the rolling autosaves too. Not as if I got far in though I suppose

ajsccfc

Thankfully they're updating as they go rather than just waiting until proper release so not only did it let me proceed and vanquish Sunderland like a mighty hero, I'm now up to real life having just played WBA at home and I'm top ahead of Stoke with Simms and Wright both firing on all cylinders. Pure fantasy land

• Love

Brighton Sky Blue

Thankfully they're updating as they go rather than just waiting until proper release so not only did it let me proceed and vanquish Sunderland like a mighty hero, I'm now up to real life having just played WBA at home and I'm top ahead of Stoke with Simms and Wright both firing on all cylinders. Pure fantasy land
Is there a ‘transfer save to real life’ feature?

ajsccfc

If anyone wonders about the realism of the beta, Liam Kelly's just bagged a hat trick against Sheffield Wednesday

Users who are viewing this thread