Football League Attendance Stats (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2526
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2526

The Football League released some numbers for attendances over the past season:

Average Attendance:
3rd highest in L1, 24th in FL​

Highest Attendance:
3rd in L1, 26th in FL​

Average Number of Travelling Fans:
2nd in L1, 19th in FL​

Average Travelling Fans as % of Average Home Fans:
5th in L1, 16th in FL​

Highest Number of Travelling Fans:
2nd in L1, 10th in FL​

Average Number of Visiting Fans:
2nd in L1, 23rd in FL​

Not a bad effort considering the s*** we've put up with over the last few years.

Makes you wonder how much further these numbers will drop next season...

SkyBlueSwiss

Not too bad for a tiny club who rightfully belong in League 1 according to plenty on here.

Where do you think we "belong"?
We are where we are because that is how good/bad we have proved ourselves to be. End of story! We do not deserve to be higher up the leagues just because we spent 34 years in the top flight. We are as good or as bad as our league position actually is, and that is a poor mid-table third division team trending sharply downwards.
So yes, we belong in league 1 because that is in fact where we are. If we get very lucky, I might be able to say the same in a year's time, but the way things are going I am more likely to be saying we are a fourth division team because that is where we actually are.
Stop living in the past and look at where we really are as a club and where we look to be going.

theferret

I am not sure those figures are entirely correct. They have our highest number of away fans as 4009 - when we took a handful short of 5000 to MK Dons (as announced by MK Dons themselves). Our unofficial average and the end of the season according to those who take the time to follow these things was just under 1200.

Not important really, but if our figures are so obviously wrong, you wonder how accurate the rest are. As a general guide though, quite interesting

SkyblueBazza

Therein lies a systematic problem...clubs seem incapable or unwilling when it comes to saying exactly how many people enter a stadium & whether they are home or away fans.
Wonder why? You don't think there is something to gain from that do you? I mean a factory or office knows pretty accurately how many people are in them at any given time. So why such a variance 4009 v 5000? Where has that 20% got lost???

Tank Top

Therein lies a systematic problem...clubs seem incapable or unwilling when it comes to saying exactly how many people enter a stadium & whether they are home or away fans.
Wonder why? You don't think there is something to gain from that do you? I mean a factory or office knows pretty accurately how many people are in them at any given time. So why such a variance 4009 v 5000? Where has that 20% got lost???

Probably washed away, in the Tax Laundrette

Users who are viewing this thread