FM 2012 and Cov in League 1 (1 Viewer)

ericagradus

LFC Marshall has released an update (4 September) the final on the 15th September, with the summer transfers and league transfers and relegations for FM 2012.

Just about to give the Cov in league one game a bash...

If only this was really life...

Download available at FM Base

ajsccfc

On FM12 the CPU always gets Cov relegated first season without fail (or more accurately, with it) whereas I finish comfortably mid-table as a bare minimum. Proof if needed that I'm smarter than my PC, even if it knows more words.

Diehard Si

Oh nuts I wish i'd got this on the Steam sales now, it was only about £5.

Not paying £20 for it now though, will wait for the next sales or just for 2013

ajsccfc

The FM Weegie update on Sortitoutsi.net seems to be the most comprehensive update I've found so might be worth a look before you embark on your glorious League One campaign.

Speaking of which, I don't want to throw the 'next Cov manager' betting field in disarray by introducing a surprise candidate, but:

BdBgu.jpg

Obviously the update has just taken a Championship team and plopped them in League One so when FM13 rolls around proper we'll be adjusted accordingly and depressingly.

covcity4life

ive started terrible...1 draw 2 losses in league lol

using my 4-2-1-3 formation thats won it all with chelsea but not quite working out yet for cov lol

covcity4life

i dont play wingers just 3 strikers, 2 poachers and 1 defensive forward

========murphy=====
====malaga=wood ====
chai di rai========hussey
===thomas==kilbane====
=======fleck========
==elliot=howard=macdonald

skybluebeduff

Ahh the downfall to that game is I found a tactic where Malaga scores 3 every game from corners, think it must be a cheat yet all I done was used the tactic editor. I'm bored of it now cause I win every game. :facepalm:

Joelly

Starting this now and in pre-season. Only signing made was Lenny Nangis on loan from SM Caen. Lets do this.

skybluebeduff

Starting this now and in pre-season. Only signing made was Lenny Nangis on loan from SM Caen. Lets do this.

Try and get Niang too and also Sanogo on loan, dynamite together. Lalkovic from Chelsea too. Lenny Nangis is the man too AMR for me with him from the start. They will win you glory :D

Edit: Don't be put off by their stats, in League One and Championship.... they rip it apart.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Using the Weegie database I cancelled McGoldrick and Ball's loans (we were paying £6000 per week for both) and got in Rob Hulse and Chris Wood for season loans paying big fat zero per week. Jennings' cover came in the shape of Jay Tabb, and Herita Ilunga on a freebie for the tricky left-back slot.

Eight league wins out of eight and beaten Norwich en route to the third round of the Capital One Cup. Unless I've magically stumbled on a bug that makes big Will the 6-goal centre back he is so far, I'm having a hell of a honeymoon period. THAT'S how you do it, Shaw.

ajsccfc

Lost to Spurs in the League Cup, but on the upside:

gNLoi.jpg

That's how you do it Hoffman. Fiction > reality, yet again.

Joelly

Brought back bigi on loan for the season and a Moroccan left back.

Then have 5 or 6 very talented u18s brought in from various places for free (already building for the future). Currently 3rd but got knocked out of the JPT by fucking Bradford on pens ffs.

skybluebeduff

On the set piece editor in game, move the strikers to half way line(or just one) and bring BOTH CB's to each post, set the corner taker to always aim at them defenders, watch the goals fly in, your CB's will be you top goalscorers ;)

Edit: make sure them defenders have heading stats at 15 or above.

covcity4life

On the set piece editor in game, move the strikers to half way line(or just one) and bring BOTH CB's to each post, set the corner taker to always aim at them defenders, watch the goals fly in, your CB's will be you top goalscorers ;)

Edit: make sure them defenders have heading stats at 15 or above.

ill try that tonight!

covcity4life

i won the champions league with chelsea last night:D:D:D

nangis was suspended for final poor chap,so 35year old adebayor lead the line!

ajsccfc

So the league position might be rendered slightly artificial with it dropping Championship Coventry into League One, but ain't no faking this:

dXsNU.jpg

I'm King of the World!

Nonleagueherewecome

This thread sums up why I stopped playing FM: it's just too darn easy!

ajsccfc

No way, I'm just that good. I don't remember if my PSV team ruling the football world a few years ago ever made the news, but it should have.

Nonleagueherewecome

In particular their research when it comes to lower-league players leaves a lot to be desired. Same for youth team players, whose positions & strengths they often get wrong. And this is at least 3 out of the last 4 versions of the game that has had a huge corner routine exploit!

bamalamafizzfazz

I tried the update this week.

I'm playing with past experience as international footballer. It's a piece of piss. I'm top after 10 games scoring 24 and conceding 7. I'm Cov and beat Sunderland 4-1 and Everton 5-2 both away in the league cup. The Edge in defense has scored 8 goals in 12 games and he isn't even top scorer as Elliott is a machine!

You have to set the manager experience lower to make the game harder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread