Fixture chaos (1 Viewer)

SBT

Robins did massively praise the medical team the other day, they have really gotta earn their crust in April though.I usually hate international breaks but this one is perfect timing for our squad
Pretty remarkable that the only players out injured at this stage of the season are those who suffered freak injuries as a result of opponents’ shithousery.

People on here always quick to blame the medical staff for somehow being responsible when players get hurt, but crickets when our squad is playing well and at close to full strength during an extremely busy run of fixtures.

skybluecam

April is absolutely insane from a fixture POV. Great as a fan, but well be running on fumes. Hope if we get a sniff of the playoffs the adrenaline takes us through and the rests for players has worked its magic.
I’m hoping the carrot of the semi final will get the best out of players. If we can get there and still be in playoff contention then we’re potentially just 6 games from the premier league.

Martw

8 games in April, if they squeeze the re-arranged Ipswich game in at the end (which I think they'll have to). This will end up costing us, unless we get very lucky with injuries and fatigue!
Ipswich game will have to be 30th April or 1st May I reckon, not sure there is another slot available

hamertime

Not adding anyone in January to an already small squad was the nail in the coffin on the playoffs push. The squad actually reduced as we got rid of a mcfadzean.

Top eight and a trip to Wembley considering the squad upheaval is still a fantastic season.

ccfcricoh

in my book, we absolutely need to prioritise this FA cup over the play offs now, rest players and make sure we are as fit as can be for that United game.

I just think the playoffs are now too much of a stretch when you look at the fixtures we have left and the time we have to play them

shmmeee

Sucks we couldn’t get a game in this week really. Don’t know the fitness teadeoff between a weeks rest and an extra midweek game vs no rest

Alkhen

Agreed it could cost us this year.

but silver lining, making the play-off final and losing would mean we are again a month+ behind all the other teams. Thats what cost us our shite start this season.

Obviously, we need to bust a gut to try and get there but If we don't make it we will have a full pre-season to build and train and hopefully hit the ground running. Potentially weaker league and squad of bedded in players and some key recruits we could do serious damage next season

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Saw Benjamin Bloom's video today on the crazy end of season conjestion. It's fairly heavy on a few teams but we seem to stand out with the most (nearly every game week there's 3 games in it), we could seriously effect the top 6 in that we still have 3? to play and depending on where the ipswich game gets rearranged to, they could be needing that win to get second spot.

Much as I'd love to get to the prem this season (I might have a small bet on wrexham, derby and us to finish in the top 6 in those leagues), I get its a rebuild season and as others have said, finishing top 10/8 and a trip to wembley, isn't a bad season overall.

The CableGuy

AFAIK we've got the hardest run in of our play offs rivals - Leeds, Hull, Ipswich and Saints still to come, plus Huddersfield, Brum, Blackburn and QPR will be fighting for their Championship lives. Even Cardiff may have something to play for, they could still enter the play-off chat.

This was always going to be a transitional year for us so Top 10, outscoring last season without Vic and Hamer and a FA Cup Semi? No complaints here! I fear were gonna be running on fumes at some point, all we can do is cheer the lads on.

wingy

I'll be roaming the streets of Earlsdon giving out drugs to strangers. Have a plan and stick to it.
Stop parroting govt rethoric.
Other policies are available?

Oh just joking if you're wondering, not an instruction!! 😊

Last edited:

hill83

in my book, we absolutely need to prioritise this FA cup over the play offs now, rest players and make sure we are as fit as can be for that United game.

I just think the playoffs are now too much of a stretch when you look at the fixtures we have left and the time we have to play them

Dog What GIF by MOODMAN

ccfcchris

It was always about next season for me.We had a big turnover of players that took time to settle. What they've achieved is fantastic and what a time to be a Cov fan.

Enjoy it everyone and as long as none of our players get seriously injured I'll be happy.

scubasteve

If we make the play offs, I see it as a bonus, just enjoy the last month or so of season.
I always saw this as a rebuilding season, already seen the team gel and grow as the season has gone on.
Honestly think keep the squad together and add 2-3 players we should looking at going up automatically next season

Users who are viewing this thread