Fiver a pint alert (1 Viewer)

matesx

Yeah well worth a fiver for a pint of piss so i can tell people all about it.

stay_up_skyblues

I paid not far short of £40 for two pints of Heineken and two double JD and cokes at the NIA my last trip there. Robbery but par for the course at event venues these days.

Bad Boy

In the Anecdote....£5 for a feckin Heineken. Dread to think what the Birra Moretti is.
Matesx, please don't think I'm being a smart arse or criticising you, but enough people said I'm not paying 'your' prices and walked out then 'they'd' have to rethink about things.
If there's one thing that makes me mad its profiteering and given what's gone on in the world over the last 18 months or so, you'd think the hospitality industry would have learnt many lessons, firstly don't bite the hand that feeds us.

Barnsley

Was paying £5.50 for San Miguel yesterday at the races but it was a really good pint, pulled properly by someone with experience, not a student who does it once a fortnight for an hour, So it was worth the money plenty of life in it and the head glided down the beaker even after half an hour it was still quality. Queues were big so I was getting two at a time and they were good right to the final mouthful, don’t mind paying it when it’s a good pint. It’s when it’s the flat warm piss masquerading as lager they sell in football stadiums for a 5er that I begrudge paying it and don’t.

Grendel

Was paying £5.50 for San Miguel yesterday at the races but it was a really good pint, pulled properly by someone with experience, not a student who does it once a fortnight for an hour, So it was worth the money plenty of life in it and the head glided down the beaker even after half an hour it was still quality. Queues were big so I was getting two at a time and they were good right to the final mouthful, don’t mind paying it when it’s a good pint. It’s when it’s the flat warm piss masquerading as lager they sell in football stadiums for a 5er that I begrudge paying it and don’t.

Why am I not surprised you go to the races

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

£15 for carparking in car park A for a frendly and payment by card only.

oscillatewildly

This isn't just any San Miguel endorsement...... This is Barnsley's San Miguel endorsement.

pipkin73

If i ever had to move back to the UK i would be in for a shock.
When i pay 2€ for a pint i think it's expensive.
If someone told me 5GBP i think i would go sobre there and then. Ouchhh!!!!!!!!!

AOM

Did we have access to any more of the concourse on Sunday, or was it still all half closed?

Guess it wasn't worth opening anyway with the lower attendance

Reactions: vow

vow

Did we have access to any more of the concourse on Sunday, or was it still all half closed?

Guess it wasn't worth opening anyway with the lower attendance
I would be interested to know this too, please!

Were there any Ale bars like the Purity one from seasons ago?

stay_up_skyblues

I would be interested to know this too, please!

Were there any Ale bars like the Purity one from seasons ago?

Yes! Around blocks 19-21 the “street food”, Heineken and Purity bars all looked open.

edit: is the Purity bar the small one with the black sign? If so Im sure it was open.

vow

Yes! Around blocks 19-21 the “street food”, Heineken and Purity bars all looked open.

edit: is the Purity bar the small one with the black sign? If so Im sure it was open.
It is I think but the bar (behind block 16/17) wasn't open last time City played at the Ricoh.
However, there was a type of pop-up bar open behind stand 20 (approximately).

Users who are viewing this thread