Finances (1 Viewer)

matesx

Anyone know what our income will be for this season?

Heard around £8m including Sky money?

Thank God we have stayed up i dread to think of the financial implications had we had gone down.

shmmeee

3000 CCMs at most £250 a load likely a lot less. I’d be surprised if he took much more than half a million in tickets. Basically two full Ricohs. Really puts it in perspective.

skybluesam66

3000 CCMs at most £250 a load likely a lot less. I’d be surprised if he took much more than half a million in tickets. Basically two full Ricohs. Really puts it in perspective.
but I follow, + commercial activities + Furlough payments even with Covid you would have hoped would bring in another £1m +

skybluesam66

note : if we were in League 1 this season, that £9m would have been closer to £2m!!
Next season if we can average 15k at the Ricoh together with the footfall and additional commercial opportunity, you could probably add £3m - £4m

Skyblueweeman

Relegation (not that it's going to happen) isn't the financial Armageddon that everyone thinks. Yes it's a lot less money but when we were relegated to L1 and then to L2, people were like 'my god we're finished'. We weren't.

It was a massive drop in income both times but we cut our cloth accordingly, adapted and worked to get back up.

If we go down this season (we won't), it'll be the same again. Cut your cloth accordingly and live within your means.

shmmeee

but I follow, + commercial activities + Furlough payments even with Covid you would have hoped would bring in another £1m +

Oh yeah totally, O wasn’t disagreeing with you. Just did the maths and it hit home how little we got from ticket sales this year.

Sky Blue Harry H

Oh yeah totally, O wasn’t disagreeing with you. Just did the maths and it hit home how little we got from ticket sales this year.

I've forked out (as a lot of others will have) the equivalent of my ST (and more) via ifollow for the away/cup games etc. Not seen any figures for the income to the club, but hopefully , as it is our first season at this level, and most games - until now! - have seen vitally important, the take up will have been decent. Suspect some clubs (e.g. Blackburn) who have been meandering in the middle and been on a bit of a slump will have seen take up drop quite a bit as the season has progressed.

NorthernWisdom

I've forked out (as a lot of others will have) the equivalent of my ST (and more) via ifollow for the away/cup games etc. Not seen any figures for the income to the club, but hopefully (as it is our first season at this level, and most games - until now! - have seen vitally important, the take up will have been decent. Suspect some clubs (e.g. Blackburn) who have been meandering in the middle and been on a bit of a slump will have seen take up drop quite a bit as the season has progressed.
Suggestions were that take-up hasn't been all that great, which I really can't understand (OK, I understand the job insecurity I guess!) - not like we've been doing much else! It's also been a godsend for those of us who'd normally work Saturdays etc...

shmmeee

Suggestions were that take-up hasn't been all that great, which I really can't understand (OK, I understand the job insecurity I guess!) - not like we've been doing much else! It's also been a godsend for those of us who'd normally work Saturdays etc...

I reckon piracy is causing a lot of that TBH.

mark82

There's a whole older generation that won't have gone anywhere near iFollow.

Sky Blue Harry H

Some households of a group of CCFC fans obviously only need one purchase to view, but I'd be disappointed if we didn't shift at least 2500 for every away game, (factoring some who will have had some games via Sky) Should be many more - guess we'll find out at some point.
If the club gets £8 per purchase, then that would be (ignoring the handful of cup games) 23 x 2500 x £8 = £460,000.

Obviously the sales figures are a complete guesstimate on my part, and somebody on here will tweak/rip apart my logic (feel free). Genuinely interested to see what the income is. I know some will have wanted to view games on the cheap, but I have enjoyed forking out the ifollow fee, knowing that it is helping the club's finances (a few years back, i would have been wanting to try and watch it on the cheap, so not being judgmental)

Magwitch1

Yet season ticket holders pay around £13 a game opposed to those who buy tickets weekly pay £22/24 are ST holders taking money out of the clubs pocket too.

rob9872

We have three home season tickets but only one away ifollow pass so if that's the norm then whilst some will watch on tv but not go, most buying would probably have gone to the game. No idea if we are the average or not, but if we averaged 2,500 away then that would only be approx 800 passes. Even at 1,000 then at £10 (which includes vat and I imagine a cut for the broadcaster and ifollow), I imagine we receive more like £6 per ticket.is approx £100k pa

Sky Blue Harry H

We have three home season tickets but only one away ifollow pass so if that's the norm then whilst some will watch on tv but not go, most buying would probably have gone to the game. No idea if we are the average or not, but if we averaged 2,500 away then that would only be approx 800 passes. Even at 1,000 then at £10 (which includes vat and I imagine a cut for the broadcaster and ifollow), I imagine we receive more like £6 per ticket.is approx £100k pa

I thought I'd read the £8 figure somewhere Rob, and I allowed 2,500 purchase, based on more than our away following, on the basis that a lot who do not do the away travel may be down to age, infirmity, inconvenience and cost (away equals a whole day commitment, and cost is a lot more than £10). Like I say, will be interested in the actual figures.

Colin Steins Smile

IMO - Factors to consider for the clubs finances are:

* Whatever the revenues from TV, say circa £7.5M it's a big increase on the £1.3M we received in L1.
* Our increased player wage bill this season will take a cut out of that, but would have been projected against a break even budget.
* Our budget from 20-21 season will have been adversely impacted by the pandemic, as I would guess the club will have projected to have fans attending games post Xmas.
* Given the club would have projected attendances at StA to be circa 10k??? our lost income will be significantly less than every other Championship club.
* The interest payment on the loans to the club may have been deferred.
* Given the return to the Ricoh for 21-22 season AND staying in the Championship the income to the club will increase by circa 15-20%?

Finally, the proportionate financial "hit" of Covid on our club is significantly less than our Championship competitors and I expect some of them to face big cut backs in expenditure, whilst we may be in a position to increase our budget.

chiefdave

The piracy issue wasn't helped by not having an easy to use app available on all platforms. When its easier to access a pirate stream than the official one something is wrong.

It will only get worse if they try and put the genie back in the bottle and switch ifollow back to overseas only when fans are allowed back in.

Reactions: vow

Flying Fokker

Anyone know what our income will be for this season?

Heard around £8m including Sky money?

Thank God we have stayed up i dread to think of the financial implications had we had gone down.
SISU know how to get blood out of a stone. Chances are we are better placed than many.

Flying Fokker

IMO - Factors to consider for the clubs finances are:

* Whatever the revenues from TV, say circa £7.5M it's a big increase on the £1.3M we received in L1.
* Our increased player wage bill this season will take a cut out of that, but would have been projected against a break even budget.
* Our budget from 20-21 season will have been adversely impacted by the pandemic, as I would guess the club will have projected to have fans attending games post Xmas.
* Given the club would have projected attendances at StA to be circa 10k??? our lost income will be significantly less than every other Championship club.
* The interest payment on the loans to the club may have been deferred.
* Given the return to the Ricoh for 21-22 season AND staying in the Championship the income to the club will increase by circa 15-20%?

Finally, the proportionate financial "hit" of Covid on our club is significantly less than our Championship competitors and I expect some of them to face big cut backs in expenditure, whilst we may be in a position to increase our budget.
10k at St Andrews? Not likely. We’ll never know. Lucky if we get 10k at the Ricoh.

Magwitch1

Totally missing the point. That is the point of a season ticket, you pay less if you commit to going to ALL the games. Are people really this thick?
I’m not against season tickets and don’t disagree with them paying less per game for fronting up the cash to buy one it’s gone on for years i was replying to a thread criticising those watch Ogi oi for free basically robbing cash out of ccfc pockets.

Ccfcisparks

I’m not against season tickets and don’t disagree with them paying less per game for fronting up the cash to buy one it’s gone on for years i was replying to a thread criticising those watch Ogi oi for free basically robbing cash out of ccfc pockets.
It is robbing Cov of cash by illegally streaming the IFollow games.

AFCCOVENTRY

No doubt we should have a bit more money to play with next season due to being back at the Ricoh and the much better commercial terms we have. Also being established in the Champ will mean we can attract players who might think twice to a newly promoted club. The benefits of staying up this season cannot be underestimated. This summer is an absolute crucial recruitment window to keep the upward trend at this club.

Sky Blue Pete

No doubt we should have a bit more money to play with next season due to being back at the Ricoh and the much better commercial terms we have. Also being established in the Champ will mean we can attract players who might think twice to a newly promoted club. The benefits of staying up this season cannot be underestimated. This summer is an absolute crucial recruitment window to keep the upward trend at this club.
They all are

SBT

If you don’t pay on the gate to sit in the corporate end every week, and then actually watch the game rather than buy the most expensive pies throughout the 90 minutes, you are stealing money from the club.

Brighton Sky Blue

What he’s doing is the equivalent of stealing tickets and handing them out for free

ceetee

There's a whole older generation that won't have gone anywhere near iFollow.
Well I'm definitely older generation and I've bought my ST for next season, but time will come when I can't or won't go to games anymore and would love to take advantage of Ifollow if it was available. I did pay for the first Blackburn game but all I got was a black screen and a stuttering quarter circle. Having tried to understand I came to the conclusion that my ten year old computer running Vista was not up to it, So it may be older generation tech. that's the problem.

Speedies_Chips

Well I'm definitely older generation and I've bought my ST for next season, but time will come when I can't or won't go to games anymore and would love to take advantage of Ifollow if it was available. I did pay for the first Blackburn game but all I got was a black screen and a stuttering quarter circle. Having tried to understand I came to the conclusion that my ten year old computer running Vista was not up to it, So it may be older generation tech. that's the problem.
My ZX Spectrum couldnt handle it either.

D

Deleted member 4439

10k at St Andrews? Not likely. We’ll never know. Lucky if we get 10k at the Ricoh.

Confident we'll shift another 2k when restrictions are lifted, so it will be 10K STs alone. Given that attendance figs also seem to include STs regard of actuals in attendance, I think we're going to have a min 13k at games and possibly 15-16k for some games.

Users who are viewing this thread