FIFA SBT League (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Ah fuck it I’m gonna buy it eventually. What’s the cheapest way to get it digitally on PS5?

AiS86

I'm normally fine with looking past the fact that it's just little itterative changes each year, but christ almighty, it's a big steaming pile of shite this year. The little changes to gameplay seem to have made it worse, it feels so unresponsive and slow, no consistency in shot and pass power, don't think I've completed a cross from open play, keepers doing bizarre spins when making saves, defenders moving through treacle. And the bugs, dear lord, can't count how many times I've had invisible players now. Career mode is as stagnant as ever, just some new bells and whistles that you ignore after an hour. Really don't know why I bother. My advice is to avoid like the plague until there's been a good few patches

ajsccfc

Found that in some matches you just can't pause the game either which is odd, the quick subs thing by extension also doesn't work. Good work again EA

shmmeee

Not massively seeing the issues TBH. If anything it feels a little more realistic. I’m defending fine generally, ridiculously OP shots like the outside of the boot from the corner of the area seem to be nerfed but other than that no issues scoring either.

ajsccfc

I scored a wacky goal with Ellis Simms where I thought at first the keeper was just awful but in the replay the ball veered in different directions in midair like a prime Juninho Pernamcubmaobmco free kick. Regret not saving the replay, she was a beaut

CovInEssex

Not massively seeing the issues TBH. If anything it feels a little more realistic. I’m defending fine generally, ridiculously OP shots like the outside of the boot from the corner of the area seem to be nerfed but other than that no issues scoring either.

Same. Except people are just passing sideways in the box and shooting when they have 3 yards of space. Cheesy

Saddlebrains

I'm normally fine with looking past the fact that it's just little itterative changes each year, but christ almighty, it's a big steaming pile of shite this year. The little changes to gameplay seem to have made it worse, it feels so unresponsive and slow, no consistency in shot and pass power, don't think I've completed a cross from open play, keepers doing bizarre spins when making saves, defenders moving through treacle. And the bugs, dear lord, can't count how many times I've had invisible players now. Career mode is as stagnant as ever, just some new bells and whistles that you ignore after an hour. Really don't know why I bother. My advice is to avoid like the plague until there's been a good few patches

So youre shit at it but blame the game then?

Nothing wrong with it this year

AiS86

So youre shit at it but blame the game then?

Nothing wrong with it this year
Well unless my ability declined in the day or so between playing the last one and this one then no. The only thing I've mentioned that would have anything to do with my ability is the crosses, which admittedly, I've probably just not gotten used to the changes yet. Everything else is bugs/laziness on EA's part. Nothing wrong with it...
eafc_5.gif

AiS86

Yeah I've played against an invisible player too
Good 5 or 6 times I've had that now. Nice flashing UI issue in that clip as well. The latest issue is getting tutorials popping up every time I load it now too

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well unless my ability declined in the day or so between playing the last one and this one then no. The only thing I've mentioned that would have anything to do with my ability is the crosses, which admittedly, I've probably just not gotten used to the changes yet. Everything else is bugs/laziness on EA's part. Nothing wrong with it...
View attachment 32019
We've had plenty of strikers who've been invisible until scoring.

AiS86

Words cannot express how much I hate the game this year, even after a sizeable update. It's like they gave the AI a lobotomy. To think I probably could've bought a ps2 and PES 6 for the same amount

Nick

Administrator
Words cannot express how much I hate the game this year, even after a sizeable update. It's like they gave the AI a lobotomy. To think I probably could've bought a ps2 and PES 6 for the same amount

Yeah some of the scripting is madness. Can literally tell when I'm winning when something changes.

AiS86

Yeah some of the scripting is madness. Can literally tell when I'm winning when something changes.
Not so much scripting, just the AI are useless. For all the gimmicks of hypermotion and recording real games to teach the AI, it's just shite. DMs just standing on the edge of the box doing nothing when defending. The opponent trying to score the same goal of getting to the byline and scoring from ridiculously obtuse angles every time. It's both way too easy to score and way too easy to concede. Not sure I've had a game with less than 7 goals yet. You'd think with the amount of money it brings in they'd work on it, but no, it's all spent on fecking pokemon card collecting mode nonsense

covcity4life

Just about getting hand of defending offline but online it's too hard to stop sprinters.

In pes X brings your player to the ball. In eafc you need to direct ya stick and run towards them so any chance in direction from the attacker sends you running in the wrong direction too much

AiS86

Just about getting hand of defending offline but online it's too hard to stop sprinters.

In pes X brings your player to the ball. In eafc you need to direct ya stick and run towards them so any chance in direction from the attacker sends you running in the wrong direction too much
See I've never bothered with the holding x thing, and it's never been an issue til this years. You seem to have more control over a player when they're on the ball rather than without which makes no sense. I will give them that though, dribbling is very responsive, if not a bit of a bit of a super power now

Nick

Administrator
So fed up with the game, it's just not enjoyable playing online against teams full of icons and mbappe. Penalties given for no reason and no actual match making.

Alkhen

Anyone else chipping away with the Evolutions on Cov players? Taking ages as you can only do one at a time, quite a few in a queue now.

Screenshot_2024-01-03-19-44-21-202_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

With the new TOTW Tatsu card it's an end of an era for my homebru tats :( he served me well but can't play RW

Screenshot_2024-01-03-19-43-14-916_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

San Francisco

R1 dribbling is just insane. Jockeying does nothing and I see people taking CMs out wide to run around your defence just to cutback and score an easy goal over and over again. Fullbacks seem ineffective and it's just cutbacks all game.

Don't understand how people with stacked teams enjoy playing the game this way as unlike past FIFAs you can actually set your team up and play a massive variety of styles but people just stick to whatever the meta is making it a pretty boring and frustrating experience.

shmmeee

Right. I’ve only ever played Seasons as Cov cos frankly fuck microtransactions and loot boxes so never really played more than the odd game of FUT. Can someone explain this evolutions thing and how we’re seeing 99 Ryan Howley?

shmmeee

Evolutions is where you can upgrade players by doing challenges. No idea if that's possible though

Do you have to buy players in? Can I do this shit without either spending loads of cash or hours?

Nick

Administrator
Do you have to buy players in? Can I do this shit without either spending loads of cash or hours?

You dont need to spend money but to get decent players in packs / get coins you have to play a bit.

I haven't spent anything on it but if you play 3 games a day for example you unlock a fair bit.

shmmeee

Might give it a go again. Can’t be arsed getting through playing with a bunch of players I dont know or care about.

Alkhen

Right. I’ve only ever played Seasons as Cov cos frankly fuck microtransactions and loot boxes so never really played more than the odd game of FUT. Can someone explain this evolutions thing and how we’re seeing 99 Ryan Howley?
Finding Evos really fun this year, definitely gives a sort of over arching challenge to FUT as I try and build a Cov squad that I can use online. Never spent a penny of real cash, they give out enough free Evos and coin to get it done.

This method to get to 99 is a glitch/ exploit, you aren't supposed to be able to stack more than 1 evolution that contains a playstyle+ but people found that if you complete all the challenges in an evolution but don't manually claim the prize before starting a second one then you can string them along. You only cash out when you are ready. I was eyeing up using that Fast forward one on Howley but I have a 88 rated Eccles and a TOTW Sheaf already

shmmeee

Finding Evos really fun this year, definitely gives a sort of over arching challenge to FUT as I try and build a Cov squad that I can use online. Never spent a penny of real cash, they give out enough free Evos and coin to get it done.

This method to get to 99 is a glitch/ exploit, you aren't supposed to be able to stack more than 1 evolution that contains a playstyle+ but people found that if you complete all the challenges in an evolution but don't manually claim the prize before starting a second one then you can string them along. You only cash out when you are ready. I was eyeing up using that Fast forward one on Howley but I have a 88 rated Eccles and a TOTW Sheaf already

How do you get these TOTW players? I started buying up Cov and ex Cov players for a team yesterday but they’re all rubbish so am currently playing with some raggydoll reject team I’ve got from random packs you earn.

shmmeee

Also opening packs is such a ballache is there a way to just open and keep everything?

Users who are viewing this thread