FFS Give our New Players a Chance! (1 Viewer)

skyblueiom

We've played 2 games, one of which is a tinpot cup which we generally exit early. We were unlucky against Leicester.

Everyones up in arms and hysterical that weve wasted money on every purchase...get a grip! I hope the new players dont read these forums, otherwise I would seriously fear for their mental health.

If I remeber rightly, we were up in arms when he signed Vik on a permanent as his loan spell wasnt exactly prolific.

People need to chill out a bit, givem them time to settle and for Robins to work with them. You'll feel much less stressed being positive than frothing at the mouth because after 5 minutes we're not top of the league.

Thank you!

clint van damme

We've played 2 games, one of which is a tinpot cup which we generally exit early. We were unlucky against Leicester.

Everyones up in arms and hysterical that weve wasted money on every purchase...get a grip! I hope the new players dont read these forums, otherwise I would seriously fear for their mental health.

If I remeber rightly, we were up in arms when he signed Vik on a permanent as his loan spell wasnt exactly prolific.

People need to chill out a bit, givem them time to settle and for Robins to work with them. You'll feel much less stressed being positive than frothing at the mouth because after 5 minutes we're not top of the league.

Thank you!

images.jpeg-4.jpg

Haji looks like he's great and just needs to find his feet, once he gets his first I think they'll be no stopping him. He's only been in the country for a week and played in 2 games already. Ellis I feel needs a bit more time and may take 6months to become a quality striker but I trust Robins to bring the best out in him.

Besides the two strikers needing to find their feet I think all the new signings have looked decent, I'm looking forward to seeing them in the flesh on Saturday.

Really looking forward to seeing Sakamoto going on some runs.

napolimp

Absolutely. I can only assume all the people on the forum complaining only started supporting the club last season? I remember worrying about going out of existence, not having a ground to play in, moving out of the city, getting relegated from the football league, etc etc. And it all feels like recent memory. Now I'm hearing people complain about losing 2-1 away from home to the freshly relegated 2016 Premier League champions, and the fact our multi million pound strikers haven't immediately started scoring.

Not bothered at all, just genuinely looking forward to seeing a team full of exciting talent on Saturday.

AOM

As you say, some would have binned off Gyokeres after his initial loan spell with us...

Win Saturday and everyone will say we're automatics/play off contenders again, this place has gone mental over the summer.
The Gyokeres and Hamer threads have not helped

skyblu3sk

The problem with a load of people on here is they get pissed up and emotional watching the game and post a load of crap because they loose rationality. I imagine sometimes they look back and think they probably shouldn't have had that last shandy.

PVA

I remember people saying how shit Callum Doyle was in his first few games. Was all over the shop and kept out by Panzo.

At the end of the season people were saying he is a future England captain and got young player of the season…

Yes he and Eccles got absolute pelters after the league cup game. Both, Doyle in particular, went on to have great seasons as of course did the club.

It's almost as if a glorified friendly doesn't have any bearing on how the season will pan out.

Brighton Sky Blue

It is also worth adding despite what Robins himself said, the only real underperformers on the night were the forwards. Would have been really nice to get the day at Chelsea and for those who disagree, those who went to Old Trafford in 2007 might beg to differ.

But it is what it is, I have seen worse from us in this competition. Including a certain Michael McIndoe playing in centre mid away at Morecambe.

Sky Blue Pete

It can become a problem missing chances and it does become worse when people get on the backs of the players at games

The mental toughness is another thing that comes with confidence and it does become an issue if the team sit back when ahead fearing they’ll let an equaliser but so far it’s been the other problem with us chasing a second and maybe leaving ourselves open

Mr Panda

It's the exact same script every season within fanbases across the country

1 week into preseason no signing:
"If we don't make a signing by the end of this week I'm going to be really worried"

New striker doesn't score in the first game or the highly rated RWB looks nervy on his debut:
"This guys a donkey"

People are flappers and just need to trust the process.

TomRad85

Our fans, particularly the overly online ones, with Twitter and FB being even more insane than this place, are over reactive head cases on the whole. Nothing new there.
What i would say is that a lot of people thought we didn't need another CM... we absolutely fucking do.

Brighton Sky Blue

It can become a problem missing chances and it does become worse when people get on the backs of the players at games

The mental toughness is another thing that comes with confidence and it does become an issue if the team sit back when ahead fearing they’ll let an equaliser but so far it’s been the other problem with us chasing a second and maybe leaving ourselves open
Funnily enough each time Wright blazed one over the roof we sang his name anyway. Aside from some knee jerk booing at the final whistle it was pretty supportive.

Cov98

Funnily enough each time Wright blazed one over the roof we sang his name anyway. Aside from some knee jerk booing at the final whistle it was pretty supportive.
People who actually go to the games rather than sit online tend to spout less shite and overall aren’t as unforgiving I find. Well aside from that one bloke who was trying to coach Walker from the stands on how to play football and when to make runs against Burnley last year. Did make me laugh I must admit

Brighton Sky Blue

People who actually go to the games rather than sit online tend to spout less shite and overall aren’t as unforgiving I find. Well aside from that one bloke who was trying to coach Walker from the stands on how to play football and when to make runs against Burnley last year. Did make me laugh I must admit
The feeling of most on the way back was it would just be nice to win a Cup game under MR every now and then.

RegiswasGod

Thank you!

Don't come.on here with your boring common sense and logic. This isn't the place for that 😉

djr8369

Another important thing to remember is Robins always manages to drastically improve his team and players as the season goes on.

Garlana86

There was always a good chance we could have a few stumbles; hangover from the finals and no more Gyokeres which is a huge loss to us; Vik allowed us to play in a much different way and having an outlet we could pump the ball long to who occupied and BEAT multiple players was huge for allowing us to sit back and hit on the counter. I cant remember the stat last season, but it was massively favourable to us winning when we had less of the ball, the opposite for when we had more.

We not only have an abundence of new players who have never played with each other, for the club and the manager before, but we also need to work on a new style of play that doesnt require a Vik up top. Its easy to do comparisons with Simms and Vik, however these are being done unfairly as Simms,for example, has had nowhere near as much time to develop with the squad and hes a different player with different strengths and he and the rest of the squad need to be given chance to learn these together.

Expectation is there because of last seasons ending and the money spent, if we are challenging in the playoffs again this year i personally think that will be an exceptional feat due to the changes and the competition in the league, we arent the same team as last season and realistically i expect we need a season to get into the groove before getting to the same heights again. Of course im more than happy to be proved wrong by the team and MR if we push on.

Flying Fokker

It’s only a handful of members that paint gloom and doom. Trolls? No. We all have a choice to come on here. The ignore option is available if you’re concerned about negativity.

clint van damme

It’s only a handful of members that paint gloom and doom. Trolls? No. We all have a choice to come on here. The ignore option is available if you’re concerned about negativity.

Last season, when things turned round, people started bumping bed wetter threads and others were saying don't do that, just enjoy our success.

Fuck that this season, when we turn things round, open season and a bump fest!!

Users who are viewing this thread