Favourite City goal you saw live (1 Viewer)

oldmangroom

Mine would obviously be "Houchen's Header"! Wembley 1987! But one goal I'll always love for the pure cheek and clever thinking was Dion Dublin's cheeky goal when momentum carried him behind the goal line, Shay Given put the ball at his feet ready to kick out, and Dion came from behind, nicked the balled away and tapped it in! A bit of questioning between the ref and lino before it was given as a goal. Happy days!

Fun fact: I was in Montgomery's car that paraded in front of the West Terrace at half time that day. Saw Dublin score whilst being told to get off the leather upholstery. Memories, eh?

no_loyalty

The last goal at Highfield Road by Andy Whing

Without a doubt, Ernie Hunt's donkey kick from Willie Carr's heel up - couldn't believe it :happy:

olderskyblue

For a "good feeling" goal, Richard Shaw's.

Gazolba

Was that the one at the Spion Kop end where Hudson had his back to goal, flicked the ball over his shoulder and over the defender, turned and hammered it into the net? Whoever it was against, it's one of my favourites.
Yes that was it vs Southampton. However, I don't think it was at the Spion Kop end since I never stood there and it happened right in front of me at the other end.

Bristol sky blue

Obscure one this...
Lloyd Mcgrath volley away to Tottenham when we lost 4-3 (when they had Lineker and Gascoigne).
It was just so unexpected (he just swung his foot at it and hoped for the best) and we'd had so many 0-0s under Don Howe that our support just went mental.
One of those days when although we lost the game, it didn't feel like a defeat at all.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

..IAN WALLACE'S bicycle kick against Norwich.

trevelfarandwide

Chippo at home to Leeds. As much for Hadji's reverse pass, as the actual finish itself.

Yep, I saw that goal, superb vision and technique from Hadji to spot Chippo's run, and the finish was world class. :)

Samo

The equalizer in the semi v Leeds. Better than sex.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Obscure one this...
Lloyd Mcgrath volley away to Tottenham when we lost 4-3 (when they had Lineker and Gascoigne).
It was just so unexpected (he just swung his foot at it and hoped for the best) and we'd had so many 0-0s under Don Howe that our support just went mental.
One of those days when although we lost the game, it didn't feel like a defeat at all.
I got thrown out for celebrating (pushing and shoving was OB's made up reason...) our second goal (Smith I think), so missed Lloyd's spectacular effort. Met my brother after and he kept going on about it...he hadn't realised I'd been chucked out! :sorry:

Was a good game though!

play_in_skyblue_stripes

In an attempt to detract from what is an utterly abhorrent current situation, thought I'd start a nostalgic happy thread instead.

One rule, you're not allowed to pick Houchen or Huckerby's goals.

My choice for pure exhilaration and relief was Brian Kilcline v Luton 1985. Never celebrated a goal as much as that.

I would also add if I could , 2nd Coventry goal at 1987 semi final , however NOT allowed to mention that as KH responsible!

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've posted this several times over the years, but Gibbos 3rd against the all conquering red-shite......

Left that prick Phil Neal for dead & beautifully & calmly placed finish passed their cheating c**t of a goalie........

Now that WAS a good pitch invasion.....

....Sweet

JWC

Also... Richie Partridge v Reading on Boxing Day in 2002
Chippo v Leeds
Whelan v Liverpool when we beat them 1-0, think it was 96 or 97. Not an amazing goal by any means, but it came at the time when my Liverpool hating was at its peak.

clint van damme

My choice for pure exhilaration and relief was Brian Kilcline v Luton 1985. Never celebrated a goal as much as that.

I would also add if I could , 2nd Coventry goal at 1987 semi final , however NOT allowed to mention that as KH responsible!

ended up on the pitch, can't even remember going on, like you say it was sheer relief.

Users who are viewing this thread