fat freddie on the way out (1 Viewer)

Sub

more cost cutting big wages the issue aswell as his fitness but wages the main problem!!

covkid69

so are we thinking that sisu have told thorn to get rid of him because of his high wages

WillieStanley

I can't imagine that he'd be sent to fat camp if he was part of the cost-cutting strategy. I think he only has himself to blame. Another failed City striker bites the dust.

skybluesam66

came back from fat camp, and then did a tevez because not picked against Derby . Sorry 3.5 years of waiting for freddie, and although he has bags of talent - he has barely shown it . Back to your collecting old washing machine sfreddie - Wasted talent - and you will never get those sort of wages again

hamil99

Facebook User
What a poor record of an out and out striker. Let Freddie be a lesson to McDonald, Wat can happen to a talented striker if they don't put the effort I'm and keep fit.

bamalamafizzfazz

Good to see Thorn not afraid to get rid of a player and take a disciplined approach.

I agree with what he says Freddie is definitely a passenger and right now that is the last thing we need. This may be a cover up for really wanting him off the wage bill but I don't care.
I imagine he will be shipped out to a League One team in the next few weeks where he will find his level and get goals.

Good bye Freddy, you have been a good servant but you wont be missed.

Sub

he has wasted all the talent he has could of been awsome player but years of being played out of position by various managers seemed to have destroyed freddie or perhaps it just took us longer than wolves to relise he didint care:thinking about::thinking about:

Bertola

Good riddance.

Used to stick up for him, but this debacle, in a contract year as well, is disgraceful

pusbccfc

Watch him go to another club, and score 20goals in a season...

Watch him go to another club, and score 20goals in a season...

If he can he get himself fit and sharp he can still be a decent striker. Looks like it's not going to be with us though. Fair play to AT, he had no choice.

Otis

Only problem is who the heck is going to want to take him?

Not the only problem though is it! If he goes and we don't bring a loan player in then that's the very thin squad one further player light. I know he's not been much use to us this season, but we need all the bodies we can get and losing another player with no replacement isn't the way forwards at all is it.

Moff

As paper thin as our squad is, and as much as I hate to see us lose an 'experienced' pro, if you cant be arsed to keep fit, and are screwing the club as one of its highest earners then thanks but no thanks, and what a waste of talent.

Maybe when he is at the Boro he can compare notes with Kevin Thornton.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
nothing frustrates me more than a player with great talent wasting it because of a poor attitude.

This is the right move for everyone concerned. My own feeling is it should have happened ages ago. He has overall for different reasons been an expensive failure that we simply cannot afford.

If the only interest is from League 1 then perhaps a wages split is worth considering. I see no point in him sitting round the club drawing full wages but doing nothing. Split his wages with a lower league club till end of season (is out of contract then isnt he ? ) Something better than nothing surely?

PUSB

covcity4life

a shame, he might not have scored alot but he did hit a few mini runs and we really need one right now

im sure sisu are not crying that they can try offload a big wage now(hey im not a sisu hater usually lol)

ashbyjan

Putting him up for loan is one thing - finding someone to take him is another, especially if we won't contribute to part of his wages. He's over weight, unfit, has a really poor attitude, is on astronomical wages by Div 1 standards, hasn't exactly been slamming in hatfuls of goals - he's hardly an attractive proposition when you look at it in black and white. I hope he does go and firstly his negative attitude is gone off the training pitch and secondly all or at least some of his wages are freed up to get someone else in but I won't hold my breath.

Kings, Gunnars, Turners wages have all gone to free up cash for someone else but no-one has come in, Why would it be any different if Freddy went?

Otis

Kings, Gunnars, Turners wages have all gone to free up cash for someone else but no-one has come in, Why would it be any different if Freddy went?

Very good point indeed! :claping hands:

Sub

lets be honest all money from players wages or sales will NOT be invested in the squad they are pulling all profit they can make from the club all be it not alot.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
First off it isnt like not paying those wages means there is a pot of money laying around just waiting to be spent..... those wages saved formed part of losses that are either financed by SISU loans or player sales. Secondly we are still trading at a loss..... the club doesnt make a profit and those losses are increased by the lost revenue of falling crowds partly caused by the lack of investment in the team. Its a "what came first the chicken or the egg" situation.

Would hope that SISU see the need for AT to bring some new players in - but would i bet my mortgage on it - NO WAY!

chiefdave

If he can't be bothered to get himself match fit can't we just terminate his contract rather than waiting around for someone who's prepared to match his wages. Surely we don't have to keep paying him if he's not fit enough to play!

ashbyjan

I was so pleased when he signed - I honestly thought we had brought in a quality player who would help move the club forward and we can build a team around him. What a let down he has been. Hasn't been helped by managers playing him out of position but a succession of managers have had him and watched him in training etc and none have put their faith in him - does the fault lie with all of them of Fred himself? I would tend towards the latter.

Sub

Like your thinking, Nick. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

sure i said this before somewhere wouldnt suprise me tho otis anything to cut costs:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

Otis

Are they also then responsible for 1kg tins of Quality Street getting smaller?

andyboy81

Cant see Freddie being paid and only doing a half ass job!

Sounds like something a Pikey would do...... oh wait.

"Freddie Eastwood - Soon to be tarmacking a driveway near you!"

Cant see Freddie being paid and only doing a half ass job!

Sounds like something a Pikey would do...... oh wait.

"Freddie Eastwood - Soon to be tarmacking a driveway near you!"

I bet he uses old wage slips instead of hardcore, heaven forbid the courts discover he was on more than £1k per week.

sky_blue_up_north

Mad Mick was laughing his head off when we signed him, not wonder he refused the loan deal, we would have seen how crap he was.

Users who are viewing this thread