Fast Flowing Football (1 Viewer)

Skybluenutterman

Can somebody please remind me where this has come from? TF, SW and SP are always quoting this now as if it's the norm. When was the last time we played this kind of footy? Quote from Sat "We can’t come to grounds like this and expect our pressing and fast-flowing football to win us the games. There has to be a devilment, a real desire not to lose, and in the first half they showed more of that in the one-to-one situations"!!

Otis

Can somebody please remind me where this has come from? TF, SW and SP are always quoting this now as if it's the norm. When was the last time we played this kind of footy? Quote from Sat "We can’t come to grounds like this and expect our pressing and fast-flowing football to win us the games. There has to be a devilment, a real desire not to lose, and in the first half they showed more of that in the one-to-one situations"!!

It's more 'dripping' than flowing and more 'tranquil' than fast and not very pressing.

They need to rephrase that to 'our dripping, tranquil, slightly touching football.'

skybluepm2

I just can't see where this notion has been derived from? The players are clueless, have no ideas and literally are unable to string more than 2 passes together. It is so negative and there is no urgency. It's ok passing it amongst the back four if eventually there is going to be some penetration or attacking prowess after the build up but it normally results in an aimless hoof up to our tiny strikers. The modfkd is powderpuff and we are outnumbered and outmuscled. O'Brien is a fucking winger and was initially brought in to do that role. The thing with SP is that he changes his mind far to often and is too stubborn to admit he's fucking wrong. 5-3-2 with this pile of shit we have? He's becoming not deluded than Thorn and his bastard diamond.

Del Boy 82

We're quite quick to pass the ball back, but never forwards. Coulibaly, fleck an o'brien have been the only ones at times to actually run forwards with the ball an drive us forward, but never more than twice in a game or with any affect. Only time I've seen this hi press working was against Crawley in the first 20 mins then revert back to being deep knocking it along the back playing our selfs into trouble.

Evo1883

We play it sidewards and backwards , good old sammy wouldve loved this system

stupot07

We play it sidewards and backwards , good old sammy wouldve loved this system

Passing backwards and sidewards.....getting ready for wasps arrival then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

PVA

I think we played some really good stuff under Robins. The likes of Baker, Moussa, McGoldrick seemed to have a good understanding with each other.

We played some decent football last year at times as well, Callum and Leon’s link up play was really good.

However this season we’ve definitely become more of a sideways team.

skybluetony176

I thought the passing game against Exeter was reasonable. Problem was we spent more time going backwards than we did forwards.

SkyBlueCharlie

Perhaps they think that they say it loud and often then people will believe it...bit like "you can fool some of the people ........" Of course it could be worse...they actually believe it!

The Lurker

We haven't got the players for fast flowing football. im disappointed that coulibaly hasnt been given more of a chance. Every time ive seen him play hes looked decent and would get forward.

Yes it's fast flowing alright in our half with balls pinging sideways and backwards with the coaching plan obviously based on ball retention, safety first and a tendency to hesitate when openings do occur.

There also seems to be a complete absence of speculative shooting from outside of the box needing 2/3 touches to get the ball under control.

I sincerely believe we should now revert back to 442 as clearly the 352 formation requires the player expertise we do not have.

Getting a tad disillusioned now.

covcity4life

agreed, seems SP thinks we are more easy on the eye than we actually are

i do miss robins post match interviews, always saw it same way fans did.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What I have seen so far this season - with the exception of the Gillingham game- seems a bit slow, deliberate and laboured. It seems to favour safety and to me lacks ambition. The passing is average at best and the pressing game seems to be about getting close as long as you can without actually putting a tackle in. It all seems to be played too deep giving the opposition space and time. All a bit boring if I am honest. It also seems to run out of steam early in the game. A number of the players seem to be square pegs in round holes and it is damaging their confidence and belief. Not confident we will score in any match.

That all seems however at odds to the way SP sees it - he believes we have a high tempo, pressing game that puts the opposition under pressure high up the pitch, with a committed and tight squad that are playing well but not getting the rewards.

He knows far more than I do but I just do not see it

Last edited:

Ashdown

Chris Coleman used to talk bollocks as well !............he had a useful side to mess about with rather then the kids and misfits Pressley is toying with.

covmark

Chris Coleman used to talk bollocks as well !............he had a useful side to mess about with rather then the kids and misfits Pressley is toying with.
Chris Coleman still talks bollocks, every time I see him on tv, I want to punch him in the face.

coop

The only fast so called going forward footballer is Haynes and he not been in the team. We are asking defenders to be attacker's and create they were not trained to do that hence why its slow and sideways.

The Reverend Skyblue

I've said it before,watching this type of football is boring to watch. High pressing happens when we have lost the ball in their half,again ,as for high tempo I have'nt seen anything but snails pace football which after a maximum of two passes,if we are lucky, the ball is then either lost or it's played long up to our non existant centre forward.

i honestly believe Pressley is watching a different game to the one I saw, and this football will never put bums on seats,and surely that is what we need most now.

its very poor indeed. Not one of our players have it in him to turn and run at a defender,which even badly done causes some confusion in their set up, it's always the ten yard ball sideways or the fourty yard pass back,and they are the the first two thoughts the player first gets when he gets the ball.

No one takes responsibility of turning and going at them.

Gazolba

It shouldn't be fast and flowing football, it should be fast or flowing football as it's never both at the same time. The last time I saw regular fast and flowing football from CCFC was during the two promotion seasons which of course is ancient history now.

Users who are viewing this thread