Fans slowly turning away .. (1 Viewer)

jacko63

Your write my grandson is now a spurs fan tried to get him interested in cov taken him to matches ...we have lost so many young supporters

italiahorse

Italia. don't be goaded into anything by the first two who responded, Grappa and CovCity4life, we both know where they are coming from.
Infantile doesn't cover it. They're just having a pop because you speak the truth about our scummy owners. Keep the faith.

I can only say it as it is for me. Maybe someone at SISU/ACL will realise I'm not alone and change it.

Grendel

I can only say it as it is for me. Maybe someone at SISU/ACL will realise I'm not alone and change it.

They don't care and neither does anyone else why don't you go off in your camper van. Take the WUM Spoinkop with you.

skybluetony176

Are we not being a bit melodramatic? Rotherham were exiled and are now enjoying their best gates in years. Brighton played in Gillingham, then returned to a limited capacity athletics stadium, but now enjoy their highest attendances in decades. You could also argue that Bristol Rovers lost generations of fans when they played in Bath all those years, but it didn't really happen. It didn't happen at any of those clubs, and for us it's been weeks not years, so talk of losing a generation of fans is a bit premature?

premature, yes. but still a very real threat to the clubs future and one that doesn't bother our owners.

italiahorse

They don't care and neither does anyone else why don't you go off in your camper van. Take the WUM Spoinkop with you.

I'm already away thanks.
I'm not restricted to school holidays like yourself.

Been quite an interesting discussion up to now until you took your hand off your dick and starting typing.

Grendel

I'm already away thanks.
I'm not restricted to school holidays like yourself.

Been quite an interesting discussion up to now until you took your hand off your dick and starting typing.

Has it? Just looks like your after a bit of attention to me.

SkyBlueHomer

Anybody else going my way ?
Dispondent after attending Saturdays loss, not bothered to switch Sky Sports back on after summer break, this bulletin board seems boring, fed up with no movement with CCFC, lost my fight.

I'm on holiday again !!!

Sorry to say but I think I'm moving on.

Anyone who calls themselves a city fan feels the same, pissed off with the current situation. Felt same way many times, many seasons past but we were still there following week, difference now is most of us cant get/cant afford/refuse to go.
Like many others due to family commitments & the obvious run up to Christmas I dont know when I will see us play again but I will still support from a distance.
I really cant understand how you can be despondent, that 1st half was the best football I have seen us play for years, plenty if positives to take.

Spionkop

Ferret, Brighton didn't have a ground to play in when they went to Gillingham. We do.
Bristol Rovers didn't have a ground to play in when they went to Bath. We do.

Ashdown1

It is easy to start drifting off, I can't make the two 'Midlands Derby's coming up and Northampton is a no go so not sure when I'll bother again. My wife and kids haven't been to a match since last season. I'm off to the rugby on Saturday again to see an unbeaten Coventry team play just outside the City centre and try and go top of the league !

skybluetony176

The club doesn't have its own ground to play in though?

doesn't own its own ground but their is an empty ground in coventry that they could be and have been playing in. the same can not be said of brighton or bristol rovers.

is that better explained for you?

torchomatic

Yes, we do. But between them SISU and ACL have made sure it's empty. ACL by their greed and SISU by their own stupidity.

Ferret, Brighton didn't have a ground to play in when they went to Gillingham. We do.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Yes, we do. But between them SISU and ACL have made sure it's empty. ACL by their greed and SISU by their own stupidity.

For God's sake stop it Torchy. How many times do we have to discuss on here; it's nothing to do with rents, and therefore ACL's 'greed' as you put it?!?

Even with zero rent, we'd still be here. SISU need the real estate to gift-wrap the exit strategy of a failed investment.

Last set of (late) filed accounts - losses of almost £7m; with a rent of just over £1m. They cannot run a club. They have failed and need to sugar-coat the route out of town

torchomatic

I will never "stop it".

For God's sake stop it Torchy. How many times do we have to discuss on here; it's nothing to do with rents, and therefore ACL's 'greed' as you put it?!?

Even with zero rent, we'd still be here. SISU need the real estate to gift-wrap the exit strategy of a failed investment.

Last set of (late) filed accounts - losses of almost £7m; with a rent of just over £1m. They cannot run a club. They have failed and need to sugar-coat the route out of town

CovFan

The biggest danger is when anger about our situation turns into apathy, it means that nobody cares anymore.

Nice to see the usual suspects trolling threads as per usual, led by their own kobayashi as well.

theferret

I am not comparing our situation directly with those examples (in respect of how we have got to this point), I was merely saying that the exile didn't result in the lost generation people are already saying has happened here after a few weeks. Brighton played in from of similar gates at Gillingham than we do at Sixfields, but their fan base doesn't seem to have been damaged by it. I just think it is a bit early to be talking of 'lost generations'. Providing it doesn't extend beyond one season I cannot see it having any particular long term damage.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I will never "stop it".

No. That's right; you won't. No matter how many times on here the overwhelming weight of facts point toward this being a tactical distressed land grab; you'll keep on banging on about ACL, as if any rent, or access to revenues would ever have changed SISU's end game. It simply wouldn't.

And even now, when facts have forced you to accept what you tried so hard to deny; you still can't help harping back to the same irrelevant point

torchomatic

"Overwhelming weight of facts"? You mean presumably, "what me and others on here reckon"?

No. That's right; you won't. No matter how many times on here the overwhelming weight of facts point toward this being a tactical distressed land grab; you'll keep on banging on about ACL, as if any rent, or access to revenues would ever have changed SISU's end game. It simply wouldn't.

And even now, when facts have forced you to accept what you tried so hard to deny; you still can't help harping back to the same irrelevant point

Spionkop

Ferret, I'd have to agree with you. Many will return when the club comes home. I'll be one of them.
Was stressing how CCFC have an alternative and our abysmal owners have betrayed us fans.
Brighton got bought out by Tony Bloom. Now he runs a tight ship at Brighton, the fans come first with him. If Sisu remain I do suspect a percentage of fans will stay away. The damage they've done is catastrophic.
Hope I'm wrong. I'd like to be sitting in a packed Ricoh.

stupot07

Ferret, I'd have to agree with you. Many will return when the club comes home. I'll be one of them.
Was stressing how CCFC have an alternative and our abysmal owners have betrayed us fans.
Brighton got bought out by Tony Bloom. Now he runs a tight ship at Brighton, the fans come first with him. If Sisu remain I do suspect a percentage of fans will stay away. The damage they've done is catastrophic.
Hope I'm wrong. I'd like to be sitting in a packed Ricoh.

Yeah, they are doing a sterling job at running a tight ship.....and I note they look after their fans by charging between £28 and £39 per ticket for home matches...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20980190

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

theferret

Given that SISU threw their toys out of the cot because their attempts to buy 50% of the management company were scuppered at the eleventh hour, how does that tally with the 'land grab' statement? They were, evidently, more than happy for the council to retain ownership of the freehold (at that point at least).

Ashdown1

Yeah, they are doing a sterling job at running a tight ship.....and I note they look after their fans by charging between £28 and £39 per ticket for home matches...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20980190

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

That is a bit pricy but make no mistake Cov and Brighton are very different Cities. There is a lot of money in that neck of the woods.

Ashdown1

Given that SISU threw their toys out of the cot because their attempts to buy 50% of the management company were scuppered at the eleventh hour, how does that tally with the 'land grab' statement? They were, evidently, more than happy for the council to retain ownership of the freehold (at that point at least).

The policy of distressing ACL has only come about in the last 18 months I think and some of that is a result of abysmal relations and distrust on both sides.

theferret

That is a bit pricy but make no mistake Cov and Brighton are very different Cities. There is a lot of money in that neck of the woods.

Speak for yourself. Here in up-market Whitmore Park some of us even have jobs, and we actually own two Nigella cook books. My house is like a middle class theme park.

Ashdown1

Good for you old boy !! Personally I wouldn't want to be coughing up £39 a game though at Champ level and I'm not quite on the breadline yet either.

stupot07

Agreed, but they're charging that, getting the highest attendances in the championship c26-28k and are still making losses of £8m per annum.

theferret

Good for you old boy !! Personally I wouldn't want to be coughing up £39 a game though at Champ level and I'm not quite on the breadline yet either.

Ouch, £39 a game? You do wonder how they can be so much in debt with the crowds they get and the prices they charge.

Ashdown1

Yup, that is just how shite the football business has become and lets be honest, it's fundamentally all down to player wages and agents fees, certainly not excessive rents and other costs. The trickle down effect from the Prem is catastrophic now for almost all those without sugar Daddies !

Spionkop

Stupot, 8 million debt at Brighton eh? And you know this how....?
Like any club, Brighton have a range of prices.
Anything else you can think of to stick up for Sisu while you are at it?
Absolutely gutless.

Users who are viewing this thread