Fans going down without a fight.....? (1 Viewer)

shepardo01

...please no ridiculous replies...

Everything seems pretty quiet and responses from SBT are quite measured and without anger.
We as fans seem to be just getting on with waiting for each bit of info/disinformation/spin to come from each involved partie.
It is like it is just happening and we are all just watching everything unfold in front of us.

Personally i am very angry with the whole situation (although i am now struggling to understand exactly what is going on as things do progress....) but have no idea who to vent anger towards...is that the case with everybody else!???

Things reported in the national media also seem to be very lazy....with hardly anybody actually knowing even the basics of what is going on.....

Listening to Claridge/Bhasin etc trying to talk about it is laughable!!!.....

Is anything going to kick off tomorrow!??...... during rest of season??

I remember being (one of the thousands) on the pitch after a sky game in the 90's waving a red card (the front of one of my red school exercise books!) towards the directors box at HR telling Richardson to f-off!!

:mad:

Flying Fokker

Dude, you're better going to the gym and burning your anger off that way. Just what should 'kick off'?

Ashdown1

I'm angry with football in general, so can you point me to the owners of SKY, the bunch of multi millionaires who have pumped in a fortune to various clubs, the FA for letting the cascade effect fuck up all clubs outside the PL without a said millionaire, the Bosman report and SISU for actually thinking they could make money here the twats and ACL for taking advantage of the footfall of CCFC fans without giving much back !!
Does that about cover it?

Colin1883

We're all angry... Higgs / CCC / ACL / Sisu / administrator / stay away fans / previous regimes... Who do you suggest we target?

Colin1883

I'm old enough to to remember the protest against the 'all seater' ...

In the end those who really didn't want to sit just didn't return...

TurkeyTrot

Everything seems pretty quiet and responses from SBT are quite measured and without anger.
We as fans seem to be just getting on with waiting for each bit of info/disinformation/spin to come from each involved partie.
It is like it is just happening and we are all just watching everything unfold in front of us.

Personally i am very angry with the whole situation (although i am now struggling to understand exactly what is going on as things do progress....) but have no idea who to vent anger towards...is that the case with everybody else!???

Things reported in the national media also seem to be very lazy....with hardly anybody actually knowing even the basics of what is going on.....

I remember being (one of the thousands) on the pitch after a sky game in the 90's waving a red card (the front of one of my red school exercise books!) towards the directors box at HR telling Richardson to f-off!!

The good old days :)
How many years ago was that?
How many protests have we seen since then?
Where did it get us?
All fans are angry at the way we've been treated and about the uncertainty about our future, short and long term. We need to channel that anger into something meaningful for the future to ensure we're never in this situation again.

hutch1972

daleks.jpg
Sorry Shep but regarding SISU, " resistance is futile "

skyblueman

The only thing you can do as a fan to protest is vote with your feet - it's the only thing that will ever matter to the owners whoever they may be

SkyBlueAussie

Look guys,the way I look at it is this was a major surgery that had to be done to keep the patient alive.
I don't think any of us were under any illusions about what was about to happen even as long ago as a few years ago.

Every single one of us is now waiting in the bloody hospital hallway but it's surely gotta be done?

What happens next will be the better for CCFC..I believe this will be the best thing that has happened to us for a long while.

SkyblueBazza

Personally, I sympathise...but you can only direct your anger at yourself as that's how you chose to feel about all this.
The bits of Ashdown's comment I copied below, I feel strong sympathy with too (my words in capitals): -
I'm ANNOYED with football in general, so can you point me to the owners of SKY, the bunch of multi millionaires who have pumped in a fortune to various clubs, the FA for letting the cascade effect feck up all clubs outside the PL without a said millionaire, the Bosman report and SISU for COMPLICATING OUR FINANCE & STRUCTURE SO IT IS IN SUCH A MESS.

We are but passengers in all this now...let Appleton do as he must/can & we just have to accept it or buy the club ourselves.

SkyBluePryce

No one's gonna start kicking off until we know our fait (point deduction wise), as currently we haven't really been effected. We're still (slightly) in contention for play-offs, we can play our remaining games at the Ricoh- until any of that changes i'll hold my judgement.

italiahorse

Look guys,the way I look at it is this was a major surgery that had to be done to keep the patient alive.
I don't think any of us were under any illusions about what was about to happen even as long ago as a few years ago.

Every single one of us is now waiting in the bloody hospital hallway but it's surely gotta be done?

What happens next will be the better for CCFC..I believe this will be the best thing that has happened to us for a long while.

Some fans in the corridor want to turn the oxygen off !!!

coundonskyblue

We should give the next owners our full support but also full suspicion. None of this "lets just get behind them and trust them" crap.

The trust needs to hold the board to account if anything seems odd, dont trust the answers printed in the telegraph.

Fans must also be willing to talk more action against the club. The over the top reaction to the protests last year by orange goons should have been enough to cause a boycott of a game.

We are the club, and we should remember that.

logjoe

Personally i feel we are not at the end here only the begining and its going to get worse. Remember SISU havn't conceded yet. I am starting to not read these threads because for such a good season this is hurting. Not many clubs have had this trouble and in such good positions in the league

Diehard Si

If anything was to be done the SISU out protests should have been this week outside the ground with the camera's all there. We've had a lot of media focus recently, we're on Sky sports news all the time, on the radio, on ITV Midlands news pretty much every night.. I suggested it on here and twitter, but no-one seemed interested in the slightest.

CJparker

I think a lot of people realise that, whatever the opinions of fans, we can't influence the outcome of anything that happens - we are all powerless, whether you support SISU or think they are in the wrong.

Baginton

Murdoch and the Greedy big clubs who broke away and formed the Premier League...
n3mIQBw.jpg

Last edited:

FootballAttic

Aren't we all to blame for the way football is these days? Sky may have "stolen the soul", but they were only able to (and continue to be so) because their subscriber numbers went up hugely when they bought the EPL rights. Same with any club who's been bought out by a sugar daddy...Man City, Chelsea etc all have full houses compared with the supposed golden age of yesteryear, despite the huge price increases. The only way any of this has been allowed to happen is because the fans still buy the tickets and pay the sky subscription and it's not the case that the ordinary fan has been priced out of the game as most people who still attend football / pay for Sky aren't all in the upper tax brackets. Not saying some haven't been priced out, just that it's a myth that somehow only rich people can afford to go these days. Most people continue to go, but make sacrifices elsewhere in life...but then doesn't that make us all guilty of sustaining the way things are? The prices go up, attendances follow. Millionaire's come and go and the fans still flock, desperate to see any ounce of possible progress or success.

rupert_bear

Once the points reduction is announced then fans might get aggitated. I think most expect and will handle 10 points, even think it's a price worth paying if it gets the club up and running again but should the FL start talkng in terms of 15,20 or worse then the fans will react of that i'm certain.

brinner

even supporters direct are suprised weve not been doing more protesting as fans and not making more of a fuss.

problem with our fans we got too many that cant be arsed to do anything.

Ashdown1

Aren't we all to blame for the way football is these days? Sky may have "stolen the soul", but they were only able to (and continue to be so) because their subscriber numbers went up hugely when they bought the EPL rights. Same with any club who's been bought out by a sugar daddy...Man City, Chelsea etc all have full houses compared with the supposed golden age of yesteryear, despite the huge price increases. The only way any of this has been allowed to happen is because the fans still buy the tickets and pay the sky subscription and it's not the case that the ordinary fan has been priced out of the game as most people who still attend football / pay for Sky aren't all in the upper tax brackets. Not saying some haven't been priced out, just that it's a myth that somehow only rich people can afford to go these days. Most people continue to go, but make sacrifices elsewhere in life...but then doesn't that make us all guilty of sustaining the way things are? The prices go up, attendances follow. Millionaire's come and go and the fans still flock, desperate to see any ounce of possible progress or success.

Outside of the Prem the fans are not flocking though are they? Attendances are dropping everywhere except in the much hyped promised land !

FootballAttic

Outside of the Prem the fans are not flocking though are they? Attendances are dropping everywhere except in the much hyped promised land !

Not quite...in the FL, attendances peaked in 2009/10, then dropped and have risen again for the last 2 seasons. I was also considering more the time period from when Sky came along in 92

SBS

even supporters direct are suprised weve not been doing more protesting as fans and not making more of a fuss.

problem with our fans we got too many that cant be arsed to do anything.

I agree with your second point. The last ten years of crap have meant that the supporters aren't as passionate. I remember people jumping into the directors box at HR during the Richardson era. I think social media also has a part to play in that. It's far easier to stick "#SISUout" on a tweet than go and actually protest.

Ashdown1

I agree with your second point. The last ten years of crap have meant that the supporters aren't as passionate. I remember people jumping into the directors box at HR during the Richardson era. I think social media also has a part to play in that. It's far easier to stick "#SISUout" on a tweet than go and actually protest.

Not to mention that the police reaction and courts sentencing treat anything slightly radical anywhere near football grounds as tantamount to terrorism !! If you jumped in with Auntie Joy these days and asked a few questions you'd probably end up in clink !

Users who are viewing this thread