Fa cup tickets (10 Viewers)

Ashdown

There were large numbers of Spurs fans in our end in '87. When Spurs scored both their goals at our end of the stadium in the 1st half, many people were jumping up and down, celebrating, in the lower tier.
I was in the lower tier, stood next to a 16 year old ish girl and her Dad ( Spurs fans )who bawled her eyes up when we won.

skybluelee

There were large numbers of Spurs fans in our end in '87. When Spurs scored both their goals at our end of the stadium in the 1st half, many people were jumping up and down, celebrating, in the lower tier.
Tbf there were a load of City fans in the Spurs end as well, just watch the crowd after our two goals that were scored at their end. Think it was a case of getting a ticket by whatever means necessary for most fans.

Hiraeth

Just open it straight up at 50+ points next time maybe?
Probably, would work much better for me personally if they had done that.

Guess the argument would be should groups of Season Ticket Holders have priority on picking their tickets first?

Good if your intended group are all Season Ticket Holders, not so good if they aren't.

Lets hope there is a next time

chiefdave

What does this mean?
People are suggesting we won't sell out while lots of genuine supporters won't be able to get tickets. That doesn't seem right to me.

We've had online ticketing for years and all you need to qualify to purchase a semi final ticket is to have an account on the ticketing platform that was created before 15th March.

skybluecam

People are suggesting we won't sell out while lots of genuine supporters won't be able to get tickets. That doesn't seem right to me.

We've had online ticketing for years and all you need to qualify to purchase a semi final ticket is to have an account on the ticketing platform that was created before 15th March.
Ah, got you. Agreed.

I think what this is really showing is how much of our previous Wembley support has been day trippers/hangers on.

Saddlebrains

But realistically how many are there? You would assume people who have 50 points (5 games in 5 years) have now got them.

How many people are really out there who have been to less than 5 games in the last 5 years, and can remember their logins / arent abroad / dead / ill / get tickets off mates because its easier.

Id be extremely surprised if there is more than 2k

SBbucks

Yes I agree, I e mailed the club to see if they could create a new account for my wife and allocate the points she should be due for games attended. They said they couldn’t do that retrospectively…..

I could imagine them wanting to do that for 5000 people…

Flying Fokker

It’s fine. I’m sure they’ll go on sale to accounts with 10-50 points next and tickets will sell to near our full allocation. What it shows is how small our fanbase really is. It’ll take time to build our numbers up so we have 30k+ accounts with over 50 points and sellout every match. 6 years ago we were in League 2 FFS this stuff takes time.
Doubt it. But I’m interested to see what happens

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
But realistically how many are there? You would assume people who have 50 points (5 games in 5 years) have now got them.

How many people are really out there who have been to less than 5 games in the last 5 years, and can remember their logins / arent abroad / dead / ill / get tickets off mates because its easier.

Yer, thinking about it a bit more, there probably aren't many that fall into the 'have an account but less than 50 points', certainly when compared to the 'have attended matches but don't have an online account' ones. My brother is the latter for example, has a load of ticket stubs, but I've always got his tickets.

Badge72

Spoke to a couple of families at the w/e who haven’t bought yet due to not previously allocating for their others/kids etc despite being ST holders . Need to open up again to ST holders- i could buy for several fans based remotely who don’t have 50 points also who would love to go.

San Francisco

Ah, got you. Agreed.

I think what this is really showing is how much of our previous Wembley support has been day trippers/hangers on.

Pretty much. Think a lot of city fans can’t accept that we’re not a well supported club considering the size of Coventry. No doubt that’ll change so long as we get to the prem within 3-5 seasons.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That is true and yet some people said we had more fans than them .

We're going to be the laughing stock of football if we don't sell out for a FA Cup semi final game against Man Utd. Will never live it down.

torchomatic

I didn't see that as I was right near the back behind the goal. Only City fans around me. Well, certainly can't recall any Spurs fans in there.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Not been negative for a while you pimple. No chance more than a couple of thousand go Thursday. Club are already preparing to put it to ST holders over 800 again. Whether or not that comes to fruition we'll see

What a F**K up, so a ST holder won't be able to select seat's for a family member or friend, to sit together.

Snouty72

87 we had tickets in the spurs end but swapped with spurs fans for a seat on the half way line. Also, got to Uxbridge and some spurs fans were giving away a couple of tickets as his spurs m8s didn't need them

Sent from my V20 using Tapatalk

CV22SBA

My sister and her family live in the Cotswolds. They've been to 5 or 6 home games this season. I've always purchased the tickets for them close to my ST. They can't get Wembley tickets, and I can't get them for them. Same situation with my Son's friends. Two of them regularly come with us but again i always sort tickets so they don't have a way of getting Wembley tickets either.

I know its my fault for sorting the tickets but at the time i never imagined this situation. Judging by the fact we've only sold 25K tickets i reckon a lot of people in this situation of wanting to go but simply can't buy tickets.

Alkhen

Reminds me of the League 2 play off game, I panic brought a single for myself then instantly regretted not getting one for my son (he was pretty young back then and didnt know if he would cope) ended up easily getting 2 more. I gave away my original one to my brother who traveled over from Spain. was fine that we were in different seats we still met up before and after.

So glad I made the decision as it turned out a great day and my son still talks about it.

I appreciate a lot has changed since then, demand will be higher. But I would say that even though its not ideal, if you get a chance to go even if your group is split in different sections, do it. The day will be great anyway

Last edited:

Badge72

My sister and her family live in the Cotswolds. They've been to 5 or 6 home games this season. I've always purchased the tickets for them close to my ST. They can't get Wembley tickets, and I can't get them for them. Same situation with my Son's friends. Two of them regularly come with us but again i always sort tickets so they don't have a way of getting Wembley tickets either.

I know its my fault for sorting the tickets but at the time i never imagined this situation. Judging by the fact we've only sold 25K tickets i reckon a lot of people in this situation of wanting to go but simply can't buy tickets.
Not sure if you’ve brought them before on their behalf and therefore they have no assigned points, but have them named with a supporter number, whether that counts as purchase history or not. I’m thinking not.

Tile Hill Phil

Spoke to a couple of families at the w/e who haven’t bought yet due to not previously allocating for their others/kids etc despite being ST holders . Need to open up again to ST holders- i could buy for several fans based remotely who don’t have 50 points also who would love to go.
Same here my daughter and her mate would love a ticket if they opened it up to season ticket holders. She’s been to a few games over the last few years but having a young family to bring up stopped her going for a while. I genuinely think there’s a few thousand casual supporters out there that would love to get a ticket

Users who are viewing this thread