Fa cup tickets (10 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

I'm with the above, i dont see it selling out Thursday.

Anyone with an account but not 50 points is hardly going to be arsed. Thays 5 games over the last 4 years. When we've been doing well aswell.

They are either expats, cant make weekend games, forgot log ins or passwords, forgot they even have an account, or just genuinely dont go anymore

Can see another 1000 going at a push next week leaving us with around 7k left. Which is highly embarrassing for our second fa cup semi in our history.

They should reopen to ST holders or prem package holders with 1000 or above in my view if it comes to it

Ashdown

The club have got the ticket priorities 100% correct, however I am absolutely gob smacked that we haven't sold out yet

I logged on two devices at 09:15 (one in my name, one in my mate's name who can manage each others tickets) on the premise that it was going to be like the play off semi/play off final last year, but no come 10:00:01 I was number 120 in the queue and tickets were bought no problem

I can only think ticket prices and it being on a Sunday (travel and work the next day) are the reasons why

It will sell out but astounded it hasn't yet, we must have 15k fans that have been to a minimum 5x home games in the last few years that aren't STs!

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
The only reason they haven’t sold out is that everyone has only been allowed to buy the 1 ticket and many will be waiting to purchase 2 together.

McLovin87

Unless they pool together like they probably did to sit with family/friends in the first round, not everyone is just sitting in their own, pretty sure majority ST purchased with a relative or friend so an extra one per ST would still see them sell in groups together but yes, not where they purchased.
Anyone who has pooled together will have done so by now, after the Purchase History sale you'll be looking at people who are not on the system; family members, day trippers or plastic Manc mates. I don't mind sitting on my own but if I say to my wife or workmate, I can get you a ticket but you'll be on your own, it's not happening!

PVA

I'm with the above, i dont see it selling out Thursday.

Anyone with an account but not 50 points is hardly going to be arsed. Thays 5 games over the last 4 years. When we've been doing well aswell.

They are either expats, cant make weekend games, forgot log ins or passwords, forgot they even have an account, or just genuinely dont go anymore

Can see another 1000 going at a push next week leaving us with around 7k left. Which is highly embarrassing for our second fa cup semi in our history.

They should reopen to ST holders or prem package holders with 1000 or above in my view if it comes to it

Generally agree but I also think there will be an awful lot of people who have been to a fair few games (certainly more than enough to get well above 50pts) but either pay on the gate or have their tickets bought by friends/family and not had the points allocated. (There's quite a few examples of this in this thread alone!)

Last edited:

GIMOC

at the close of business yesterday just over 8000 tickets left. most supporters who had less than 50 points purchased tickets for Cardiff, Leeds hull to hit the 50 bracket. there is no chance many on 50 have yet to buy. club are in a difficult position now. I believe they will reevaluate today. academy players have been told they can purchase more tickets for friends and family this morning but can’t see that putting a dent in the ticket figures. only option the club have now is to open to season ticket holders again

Hertsccfc

at the close of business yesterday just over 8000 tickets left. most supporters who had less than 50 points purchased tickets for Cardiff, Leeds hull to hit the 50 bracket. there is no chance many on 50 have yet to buy. club are in a difficult position now. I believe they will reevaluate today. academy players have been told they can purchase more tickets for friends and family this morning but can’t see that putting a dent in the ticket figures. only option the club have now is to open to season ticket holders again
It's hardly a difficult position is it getting to a FA Cup semi final and still in with an outside chance if the play offs? Even if we don't sell out it's a major bonus getting to Wembley. And as you have said they can offer an spares to season ticket holders anyway. So on what planet are the club in a difficult position?

GIMOC

It's hardly a difficult position is it getting to a FA Cup semi final and still in with an outside chance if the play offs? Even if we don't sell out it's a major bonus getting to Wembley. And as you have said they can offer an spares to season ticket holders anyway. So on what planet are the club in a difficult position?

club are in a difficult position because as it stands 8000 tickets are still on sale which the club did not envisage . the next window is not until Thursday which is 10 days till the game and not many more will be sold between now and then. it will be highly embarrassing if we dont sell all the tickets. whoever decided on the current structure has messed up with the figures

The 1 week gap between each window is a massive mistake. It should have been 3 days between each sale period

AOM

Don't know why I was losing my mind so much when they first came out to season ticket holders last week 😂

To be fair, I know at least 5 people who attend a few games a season, but don't have supporter ID's or points as others would buy tickets for them.
I imagine they'll have been sold out by the first few hours of the next release.

Just don't want them going to Man Utd fans

SBT

How many tickets is Hamer allowed to buy after he signed that new contract with us?

Hertsccfc

club are in a difficult position because as it stands 8000 tickets are still on sale which the club did not envisage . the next window is not until Thursday which is 10 days till the game and not many more will be sold between now and then. it will be highly embarrassing if we dont sell all the tickets. whoever decided on the current structure has messed up with the figures

The 1 week gap between each window is a massive mistake. It should have been 3 days between each sale period
I am pretty sure there have been Premier League clubs that haven't sold out for Semi Finals. I suspect we will sell out but it wouldn't be so embarrassing if we didn’t. We have been to Wembley quite a lot recently and for more important matches than this one.

GIMOC

I am pretty sure there have been Premier League clubs that haven't sold out for Semi Finals. I suspect we will sell out but it wouldn't be so embarrassing if we didn’t. We have been to Wembley quite a lot recently and for more important matches than this one.

are you on drugs?

it would be very embarrassing if we didn’t sell out. plus the club would be losing out on revenue. very strange statement

ccfcricoh

I don't think so mate. The website says:

Thursday 28th March – Midday
2023/24 Season Ticket Holders

Thursday 4th April – 10am
Supporters with 50+ points, who had an account created on or before 15th March 2024.

Thursday 11th April – 10am
Supporters with a previous purchase history, who had an account on or before 15th March 2024

Stage 1 - STH
Stage 2 - 50+ points
Stage 3 - has an account with previous purchases set up before 16th Mar

The account is a family member who has basically given up on it the last few years so no points on the account but will have a record of purchases going back years
You may well be right mate (y)

Only reason i questioned it was because I tried to buy a ticket for Leeds game this weekend on an account with 0 points (but has bought tickets before) and it wouldnt let me, so i assumed the "previous purchase history" thing was in the last 4 years or whatever the timeframe is so would therefore have points on account.

Maybe test it and see if it lets you allocate a ticket for tomorrow?!

wingy

Only reason i questioned it was because I tried to buy a ticket for Leeds game this weekend on an account with 0 points (but has bought tickets before) and it wouldnt let me, so i assumed the "previous purchase history" thing was in the last 4 years or whatever the timeframe is so would therefore have points on account.

If you get it allocated to you think that would work.

Liquid Gold

Good idea, tried and didn't work so I've emailed ticket office.

McLovin87

I think the way it's been set up we could be left with some unsold tickets, I think the "Wife on a day Trip" factor has been underestimated.

McLovin87

On the previous Wembley visits there must have been thousands of partners of Season Ticket holders who are not on the system who just wanted to rock up at Wembley for a Piss Up in the sunshine. They wouldn't have been included in the first round of sales for ST holders, they would only want to go and sit with family and friends!

skybluecam

It would be embarrassing if we didn't sell out, because we easily could. I have mates that have been to a few cov games with me over the years and would go, but don't have accounts since I always sort tickets.

McLovin87

Neither Sheff Utd or Man City sold out for their semi-final last season. There was 20k empty seats in the ground.
That's mental, a Man Utd fan at work said they didn't sell out their allocation last year. I didn't believe him but he might have been right!

Brighton Sky Blue

On the previous Wembley visits there must have been thousands of partners of Season Ticket holders who are not on the system who just wanted to rock up at Wembley for a Piss Up in the sunshine. They wouldn't have been included in the first round of sales for ST holders, they would only want to go and sit with family and friends!
Don’t know about yours but mine has been an ST holder for the last 3 seasons in a row.

Chris1987

Well I got my ticket at 10.05am! Phew - the stress! I live near Newcastle-upon-Tyne, so get to around 10 games a season, some at home, and don’t have a great number of points. Because we’re so well supported away from home, it’s often impossible for supporters like me to get away tickets because they don’t make general sale. So I have ended up in the home end on a number of occasions, the last two being Watford and Sheffield Wed away. A double whammy of not being with my fellow fans, and not getting any points. I’m not a fan who only ‘rocks up’ for certain high profile fixtures. My first game was Sunderland at home in the FA Cup fifth round in March 1963, and if points had been given in the 60’s for away travel, I’d have had a few thousand points as I traipsed up and down the country with City, before moving away from the city at the age of 14, with my dad’s job.

There will be lots of other supporters like me, who don’t attend as many games as others for all sorts of reasons, but whose Saturday nights are ruined when City lose, and made when we win. So it’s not helpful, or accurate, to point at certain fans and say they’re not worthy. Having said all of this, it’s absolutely right that season ticket holders get first call on tickets, and I don’t have an issue if fans who attend many more games than I do, are ahead of me in the queue. But good luck to all fans, who are looking for tickets for this game.
Spot on. Sums up the issue of living many miles away from Cov.

McLovin87

Don’t know about yours but mine has been an ST holder for the last 3 seasons in a row.
She's never had a season ticket and probably been to about a dozen games over the past 30 years I've been with her. At the Play Off final last year there was about 10 of my mates who took their wives or girlfriends last year as a one off, we met up with 2 couples in the pub beforehand had a great day out bar the result. This must be the case for a lot of ST holders, the way this has been set up this year has knocked a fair number off the sales.

At the moment, it's all about my 14 year old daughter who's had a season ticket for the last 2 seasons and was showing off her Wembley outfit to me yesterday. She was even telling me about the couple of Utd players who would be injured for the game, 4/5 years ago she didn't even bother with the football.

Hobo

It would be embarrassing if we didn't sell out, because we easily could. I have mates that have been to a few cov games with me over the years and would go, but don't have accounts since I always sort tickets.

Wasn't it only last week some were suggesting the Ricoh wasn't big enough for us? 😂

Some of our fans do get ahead of themselves.

I know a few fans caught out by relying on mates getting match tickets for them and now not having enough points. Oh well live and learn.

Saddlebrains

From what I've been told it is a fuck up. Certain staff member trying to be clever based on the database.

But it just shows that the club havent actually got a grasp on how many 'real fans' we have and not just people who went once.

Expect it to go to another round of St Holders over a certain amount of points

WestEndAgro

May be a daft question, but here we go.
How do you go about tracking down a purchase history without the supporter number?
Can anyone help

Users who are viewing this thread