Fa cup tickets (9 Viewers)

Chris1987

Remember when petty Wasps arguments took over every conversation and we had to have a separate board...
My posts are observational but also trying to understand the issues of an individual in order to help them . Maybe a "Issue and Resolution thread" may help .

hamertime

not sure that account will work in the next window.

By looks of it next window will only be people between 10-50 points.

i'm sure theyve got the maths right but feels like there could be some tickets left at current rate
They haven’t got the maths right, this is the problem now. You’re going to have people getting a ticket just because they have an account might have been to zero games. Season ticket holders above say 800 points
Should have been able to get 2 tickets to take their kids or partners who would be cov fans too. If they off season ticket holders another ticket further down the line it will be pointless as they won’t be sitting together.

Grendel

What a stupid comment.Some people cannot go to every game due to work,financial or other commitments.They are just as entitled to a ticket as you are

They really aren’t

chiefdave

They haven’t got the maths right, this is the problem now. You’re going to have people getting a ticket just because they have an account might have been to zero games. Season ticket holders above say 800 points
Should have been able to get 2 tickets to take their kids or partners who would be cov fans too. If they off season ticket holders another ticket further down the line it will be pointless as they won’t be sitting together.
Today its been said Leeds fans will be in the home end on Saturday because people have bought tickets and sold them on, what makes you think if season ticket holders were allowed to purchase multiple ticket the same wouldn't happen?

hill83

They definitely haven’t got the numbers right, I said this earlier in the thread. Still think the right call wasn’t 2 per season ticket though.

To be fair. If anyone was going to know it would be the people with all the data.

Wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a few left though. They can count up members with previous purchases all day, but I’ve got 2 accounts myself.

hamertime

They definitely haven’t got the numbers right, I said this earlier in the thread. Still think the right call wasn’t 2 per season ticket though.
Yes couldn't give all 2 but defiantly ones who have been a season ticket holder for 2 or 3 seasons. The draw for this game is also much less than the Luton game

Chris1987

Yawn , you keep banging this drum. Tell me , how precisely do you set the points bands ? What gives the right for ST holders over a certain points threshold to take partners who have bugger all points over non ST who have more points than them ? Some of us live many miles from Cov , work nights and can't commit to season tickets even though we accrue around 200 points a season.

hamertime

Yawn , you keep banging this drum. Tell me , how precisely do you set the points bands ? What gives the right for ST holders over a certain points threshold to take partners who have bugger all points over non ST who have more points than them ? Some of us live many miles from Cov , work nights and can't commit to season tickets even though we accrue around 200 points a season.
Yes your getting one don’t fret, other more loyal fans should get 2

Chris1987

Yes your getting one don’t fret, other more loyal fans should get 2
I've got one thanks , not fretting at all. You're just sore that you couldn't get tickets for family that have f all loyalty points but that's your fault entirely. Must be feeling guilty

hamertime

I've got one thanks , not fretting at all. You're just sore that you couldn't get tickets for family that have f all loyalty points but that's your fault entirely. Must be feeling guilty
Not in any way, they could eaisly get tickets in the next window but it’s totally pointless as they won’t want to sit on their own. They got the numbers wrong.

Cov kid 55

Well I got my ticket at 10.05am! Phew - the stress! I live near Newcastle-upon-Tyne, so get to around 10 games a season, some at home, and don’t have a great number of points. Because we’re so well supported away from home, it’s often impossible for supporters like me to get away tickets because they don’t make general sale. So I have ended up in the home end on a number of occasions, the last two being Watford and Sheffield Wed away. A double whammy of not being with my fellow fans, and not getting any points. I’m not a fan who only ‘rocks up’ for certain high profile fixtures. My first game was Sunderland at home in the FA Cup fifth round in March 1963, and if points had been given in the 60’s for away travel, I’d have had a few thousand points as I traipsed up and down the country with City, before moving away from the city at the age of 14, with my dad’s job.

There will be lots of other supporters like me, who don’t attend as many games as others for all sorts of reasons, but whose Saturday nights are ruined when City lose, and made when we win. So it’s not helpful, or accurate, to point at certain fans and say they’re not worthy. Having said all of this, it’s absolutely right that season ticket holders get first call on tickets, and I don’t have an issue if fans who attend many more games than I do, are ahead of me in the queue. But good luck to all fans, who are looking for tickets for this game.

Bad Boy

Its hardly frivolous and if there were 38,000 available or only 17,000 season ticket holders I’d have allowed 2 per season ticket as ultimately we are the lifeblood of this club - not randomers who rock up to the occasional game
Glad you're not in charge of any food aid distribution, the meek certainly wouldn't inherit the earth in your world that's for sure.

Addi

Well I got my ticket at 10.05am! Phew - the stress! I live near Newcastle-upon-Tyne, so get to around 10 games a season, some at home, and don’t have a great number of points. Because we’re so well supported away from home, it’s often impossible for supporters like me to get away tickets because they don’t make general sale. So I have ended up in the home end on a number of occasions, the last two being Watford and Sheffield Wed away. A double whammy of not being with my fellow fans, and not getting any points. I’m not a fan who only ‘rocks up’ for certain high profile fixtures. My first game was Sunderland at home in the FA Cup fifth round in March 1963, and if points had been given in the 60’s for away travel, I’d have had a few thousand points as I traipsed up and down the country with City, before moving away from the city at the age of 14, with my dad’s job.

There will be lots of other supporters like me, who don’t attend as many games as others for all sorts of reasons, but whose Saturday nights are ruined when City lose, and made when we win. So it’s not helpful, or accurate, to point at certain fans and say they’re not worthy. Having said all of this, it’s absolutely right that season ticket holders get first call on tickets, and I don’t have an issue if fans who attend many more games than I do, are ahead of me in the queue. But good luck to all fans, who are looking for tickets for this game.
Second that @Cov kid 55. I live in Iceland and try to travel to at least one game every season with family and friends. I was at the CBS last Saturday, belting out WLADITT from the North Stand. I've been to all the games at Wembley in recent years - but I have also been to some drab games at Highfield Road, seen a dreadful 0-0 with Accrington Stanley at St. Andrews, took my wife to a 1-0 win against Walsall after we were relegated to L2 and saw us stuff Derby 6-2. I spend the annual 150ish pounds on Ifollow, buy the jerseys for me and the kids and know all the words to all the chants.

And I also wholeheartedly agree that STH should have first dibs on tickets. But some of us 50 pointers are NOT randomers who rock up to the occasional game. IMO the club got their maths absolutely right.

McLovin87

This Purchase History group is really intriguing me, I just can't see there being 8/9,000 in this bracket. It's basically people who have bought 1 to 4 tickets over a period of time. With the relative success we've had over the past few seasons you would have thought most people would have purchased more than 4 tickets. I know there's a section of fans who live away from Coventry and others with work commitments but I can't see that taking it up to 8/9,000.

We will find out next Thursday but my gut feeling is there will definitely be seats left and a fourth round of ticket sales will be needed, it's up to the club to set the criteria for this.

Brighton Sky Blue

This Purchase History group is really intriguing me, I just can't see there being 8/9,000 in this bracket. It's basically people who have bought 1 to 4 tickets over a period of time. With the relative success we've had over the past few seasons you would have thought most people would have purchased more than 4 tickets. I know there's a section of fans who live away from Coventry and others with work commitments but I can't see that taking it up to 8/9,000.

We will find out next Thursday but my gut feeling is there will definitely be seats left and a fourth round of ticket sales will be needed, it's up to the club to set the criteria for this.
Allow ST holders another round, first come first served

McLovin87

Allow ST holders another round, first come first served
But if you allow ST Holders a chance to buy another "one" it's highly unlikely that it would be next to the seats already purchased by ST holders. It would have to be 2 per ST Holder to make it viable but then all hell would break loose because the 1 ticket per person has gone out the window

Brighton Sky Blue

But if you allow ST Holders a chance to buy another "one" it's highly unlikely that it would be next to the seats already purchased by ST holders. It would have to be 2 per ST Holder to make it viable but then all hell would break loose because the 1 ticket per person has gone out the window
Well for example if my wife and I got another 2, we’d most likely give them to friends or family and go on that basis.

hamertime

It’s also nowhere near as big as the Luton game, the demand won’t be as high. I See them going to a second round to season ticket holders. The length of time between each window is a bit long too.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Unless they pool together like they probably did to sit with family/friends in the first round, not everyone is just sitting in their own, pretty sure majority ST purchased with a relative or friend so an extra one per ST would still see them sell in groups together but yes, not where they purchased.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s also nowhere near as big as the Luton game, the demand won’t be as high. I See them going to a second round to season ticket holders. The length of time between each window is a bit long too.
I mean it’s the first time we’ve reached this stage in 37 years, the opposition being one of the biggest clubs in the world, so it’s not exactly Preston away on a Tuesday, even if we have more chance of beating Man Utd

skyblue1991

The club have got the ticket priorities 100% correct, however I am absolutely gob smacked that we haven't sold out yet

I logged on two devices at 09:15 (one in my name, one in my mate's name who can manage each others tickets) on the premise that it was going to be like the play off semi/play off final last year, but no come 10:00:01 I was number 120 in the queue and tickets were bought no problem

I can only think ticket prices and it being on a Sunday (travel and work the next day) are the reasons why

It will sell out but astounded it hasn't yet, we must have 15k fans that have been to a minimum 5x home games in the last few years that aren't STs!

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

skybluelee

I think for that reason they'll have to open it up to STHs with the most points and allow them to buy 2.

Users who are viewing this thread