F1 2023 (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Also these dumb safety cars which mean you can catch up as some other bloke has crashed and pit stop to your advantage - just bewilders me

Saddlebrains

Its just boring now isnt it?

Red Bull are so far ahead they will walk it for years now.

Ferrari doing ferrari things and going from second fastest team to 4th. Mclaren are a mess

For the first time in a decade or so, i wont be waking early to watch the race live in Australia

tisza

Im developing a vague interest in the sport. Shouldn’t DRS just be stopped? I assume it’s a wind drag so cars with superior pace and torque can just glide away from the car in front? Without it you’d surely have a fairer race
Theory was the new regulations in 2022 would lead to DRS becoming unnecessary. Nothing more tedious than a middle of the pack DRS train. Hasn't quite worked yet.
Part of the problem still remains too many track layouts limit overtaking opportunities despite drivers getting more creative.
Other part is F1 management continue to worry that lack of overtakes reduces TV appeal so DRS boosts total number of overtakes per race - improves stats rather than racing.

Paul Anthony

Its just boring now isnt it?

Red Bull are so far ahead they will walk it for years now.

Ferrari doing ferrari things and going from second fastest team to 4th. Mclaren are a mess

For the first time in a decade or so, i wont be waking early to watch the race live in Australia

I'll probably get up for Melbourne just out of habit, nothing else.

Red Bull have played a blinder. Not only have they got such a significant advantage that the cost cap means it's almost impossible for anyone to catch them, they managed to convince the FIA they really, badly, desperately, needed the engine freeze. Just at the time they've developed an engine that's ahead of everyone else as well.

jordan210

With how poor the McLaren's are. Im tempted to put a few £ on Danny Rico out scoring them for points

Saddlebrains

I've woken up at 6am for the Australia GP quali and races since i was about 11

First time in 20+ years i wont be bothering this weekend. The championship is a foregone conclusion

Paul Anthony

With how poor the McLaren's are. Im tempted to put a few £ on Danny Rico out scoring them for points

They've been my team since the days of DC and Kimi. In fact, all of my favourite drivers from my time watching the sport have driven for them at some point. They don't feel anything like the same team anymore. Worrying thing is Lando is a clear top talent who could easily win races. But he's not going to put up with McLaren going backwards forever.

Saddlebrains

They've been my team since the days of DC and Kimi. In fact, all of my favourite drivers from my time watching the sport have driven for them at some point. They don't feel anything like the same team anymore. Worrying thing is Lando is a clear top talent who could easily win races. But he's not going to put up with McLaren going backwards forever.

Lando to Mercedes i feel when Lewis gives up end of this year

tisza

But for all the flags Red Bull still so far ahead. Would have been coasting and still won by 15-20 seconds.
Didn't bother to set the alarm for this one.
Teams saying upgrades might close the gap after mid-season but not by much. All done and dusted by then - any gap would be too big too close.

Paul Anthony

Great, it's chaos. You can all thank me for this, I turned it off after Max had got the lead and gone 10 seconds up the road!

Paul Anthony

I think there's a case to say Max should be investigated for being out of position at the restart as well....

Attachments

• 20230402_083535.jpg
    20230402_083535.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 8

Paul Anthony

I'm sorry but i really have had enough now

Its no longer the pinnacle of motor racing, its rules made up on the fly for drama and appeasing the netflix generation. The amount of clowns on socials lapping it up as exciting is fucking unbelievable

This is all because apparently there's some desire for races to finish under a green. Well, it's an agreement, not a written rule. Since when do agreements take priority over rules? All they're doing is making a total farce out of everything.

Now Haas are protesting the result as well.

Saddlebrains

I hope Alpine and Ferrari take it further too

How can Sainz be punished for a lap that apparently didnt take place?

If that lap didnt take place surely you take the finishing position from the restart and both Alpines are in the points?

Honestly i really dont have the same love for the sport anymore. 2021 was unreal, the interest even from those who dont usually watch and its the most popular it ever was

Then they fuck it with these new rules, the Abu Dhabi shitshow, Suzuka last year, and now this absolute drivel

hill83

If that lap didnt take place surely you take the finishing position from the restart and both Alpines are in the points?

Honestly i really dont have the same love for the sport anymore. 2021 was unreal, the interest even from those who dont usually watch and its the most popular it ever was

Then they fuck it with these new rules, the Abu Dhabi shitshow, Suzuka last year, and now this absolute drivel
2021 was a complete shambles at the end as well tbf

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s always been a boring sport. Guilty as charged, I watch cricket, but hours and hours of people driving around a circuit is always a tough sell.

OffenhamSkyBlue

It's pretty poor when the sport's governing body don't even have a set of rules or contingencies for every possible eventuality and have to make it up as they go along. What a fucking shambles!
The result should have been the positions at the end of the lap before the last red flag. The last lap under the safety car was utterly pointless!

Ian1779

I would like to see them ban pit stops during a safety car (unless it’s the damaged car)

SkyBlueSoul

I just opened Youtube and Azerbaijan Quali highlights was a suggested video. I've obviously been distracted with talk of the play offs but it says a lot about my general apathy that this was the first time I was aware it was even on this weekend.

Paul Anthony

I just opened Youtube and Azerbaijan Quali highlights was a suggested video. I've obviously been distracted with talk of the play offs but it says a lot about my general apathy that this was the first time I was aware it was even on this weekend.

Truth be told, only reason I remembered was because they'd posted about this new sprint race weekend format not too long ago.

Saddlebrains

Yep same, usually I'm wanting a race as often as possible

This 4 week break I've not given it a second thought

Pleased to see Charles on pole however

Paul Anthony

The reward for setting pole in this sprint shootout malarkey is a paint splattered Pirelli cap. Is that really all they could find?

Users who are viewing this thread