Expectations (1 Viewer)

Where can we finish in League One now we are home?

• 2nd Place

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Going Down :( (21st-24th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, the day is nearly here. After over 12 months of pure hell, tension between fans and a very successful boycott of Sixfields, Coventry City will return to the Ricoh Arena this Friday infront of the Sky Sports cameras. Earlier in the season, I asked you guys what you thought we could achieve this season. But that was when a return to Coventry looked highly unlikely. Now that we are returning home, surely our expectations have changed. The transfer window is closed and our squad is virtually set in stone now, so we can finally have a good look at the team and ask ourselves what we could doo. So for this week's Cooks Question, we'd like to know where you think we can finish in League One this season. Can we push for a return to the Championship via Automatics or Play-Offs? Or does it make do difference at all to our overall finish? If you have an opinion on Cooks Question, the return to Coventry or anything else, get in touch during the show. Phone in (Number will be read out on the show), tweet us (@Hillz_SL) or post your views here. They'll all get read out. Sports Lounge kicks off at 10AM on Hillz FM 98.6 so tune in if you can for all the latest local news and big talking points. Thanks for your incredible support, and see you on Friday

Last edited:

shmmeee

If the signings click: top 10
If they don't: 12th

Too early to tell really, we haven't really seen Jackson or Coulibaly not to mention Nouble and Hines who could be what we've been missing.

We seem to be missing goals, but have the potential in the squad now.

letsallsingtogether

I,ve seen Coulaby from what iv'e seen wouldn't pin your hopes on him.

Mid Table if we are lucky and keep playing the way we are.

but yes if they do start to gel maybe just maybe.

Too early to tell really, we haven't really seen Jackson or Coulibaly not to mention Nouble and Hines who could be what we've been missing.

Moff

Top 6.

Always optimistic with the club, but never surprised to be constantly disappointed......but one season I wont be, maybe this one.;)

Last edited:
H

Huckerby

echoing what Schmee said about the new signings - we need goals but for all we know we're sitting on a new dream team up top. Bit more optimistic though I reckon we could scrape 6th and then go out in the semis

J

Jack Griffin

Its all change from me, I thought relegation was on the cards pre season, then after the bulk of the signings came in I though lower half of table, now back at Ricoh with uplifted spirits & improved budget should ensure mid table if not better.

Johnnythespider

Only seen us play once at mk but we seem to lack a cutting edge up top. We seem harder to beat this year so I predict lots of draws and a lower mid table finish

SkyBlueHomer

At start of the season I would have taken safety if it was offered.

Now all of a sudden things could change in our favour. 1 game shouldn't make a season but I seriously think Friday could now be the biggest game of our season, it could make or break it.
Returning to the Ricoh and a good win could be key to where we finish.

mds

Top 6.

Always optimistic with the club, but never surprised to be constantly disappointed......but one season I wont be, maybe this one.;)
This.
Forever the optimist, this year is our year!
It has to be.

Otis

If we win all our matches: Champions.

If we win some of our matches: Somewhere between 2nd and 20th.

If we lose all our matches: Possible relegation.

shmmeee

I,ve seen Coulaby from what iv'e seen wouldn't pin your hopes on him.

Mid Table if we are lucky and keep playing the way we are.

but yes if they do start to gel maybe just maybe.

Maybe I'm being glass half full, but we've not had 10 games yet and some players will still be learning their role and shaking off some rust. Especially the likes of Jackson and Coulibaly who haven't had a pre season. On paper we've got a decent squad for this league IMO. Just that a few of the "bigger" signings haven't shown form yet. They could turn out to be De Zeeuws or they could not, well see (disclaimer: Friday will be the first game I've seen this season, so I may change my mind completely)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If we win all our matches: Champions.

If we win some of our matches: Somewhere between 2nd and 20th.

If we lose all our matches: Possible relegation.

Never one to sit on the fence, eh Otis! :claping hands:

Astute

3rd Division champions. That is as long as we keep turning up to games and we get the 60% to spend on the squad with SP knowing what he is doing.

We have had a solid enough start but with too many draws. But we also have a squad that are getting to know each other. It is starting to feel like 87. No star players but enough quality to keep improving.

CCFC_Charlie

We've played 5 teams who are likely to be in the top 10 this season and we've only lost once, keeping two clean sheets. Pretty good going if you ask me.

Baginton

I have no idea who half the team are, but will say top 10 finish

whats the new keeper like? Joe will be a big miss with his outstanding saves

Noggin

I still think we are going to struggle, the squad has mostly been constructed under the restraints of playing at sixfields, I'd hoped that the big injection of cash with moving back would have meant Pressley could do a bit more in the transfer market before it closed, but nope it's loans again one of which has a terrible record (I know I know Mcgoaldrick) but if he is Mcgoaldrick and the loans all succeed we'll lose them all half way through the season, the optimism seems misplaced to me, I've been a Cov fan optimist all my life and I still think I am, but perhaps the last couple of years have beat it out of me, I feel like I'm being realistic. I really hope you are all right and I'm being pessimistic.

ajsccfc

I've only seen around three of the players so I can't really justify any particular expectation as it's a bit of a step into the unknown. Whatever happens from here on out though is on Pressley and the players, the last year and a bit has been overshadowed by playing in front of 10 people and being docked points whereas now it's the proper stadium, starting on the same points as everyone else and with a fairly hefty squad.

Morning guys! We're on air right now so get your answers in ASAP. If you have views on the return to the Ricoh, please phone into the studio 02476224761 and we can have a convo live on air. Hope you enjoy the show. Remember, its 98.6FM

Users who are viewing this thread