Match Thread Exeter City (a) 29th July (2 Viewers)

Greggs

Simms wasn't any better today I agree, but he's clearly going to be our starting striker this season. I think to get the best out of Simms we need someone else in there with him.
Alan Magician

Evo1883

By saying want to keep godden as rotation option?

By asking if it was own goal or goddens like commentators said the same?

Come on now Evo mate dunno what's up with you today
Not going to keep going on
Robert Downey Jr Ok GIF

fatso

Simms wasn't any better today I agree, but he's clearly going to be our starting striker this season. I think to get the best out of Simms we need someone else in there with him.
With him or instead of him, that is the question.

As it stands we need to find a way to play to Simms strengths, and we failed to do that today. We were still playing as if Vik was upfront.

Cov98

I haven't seen any of our previous pre season games and only caught the last 45 of this one, but why is everyone saying Simms is wank? He's got 4 goals with both being braces.

fatso

He's scored 4 in 4 in pre
If you were to judge him purely on today's performance, he wouldn't start at Leicester.

As he cost us big money, we know he has to start, but if today is anything to go by we need 2 more strikers.

He gets a pass though as today's game means nothing, but he will be watched closely for work rate/ contribution.
If he scores 20 goals this season he'll be a success. Let's hope he does.

Ross1247

As it stands we need to find a way to play to Simms strengths, and we failed to do that today. We were still playing as if Vik was upfront.
Someone with Simms. We brought Simms in as our main goalscorer, but I think we have a better chance of him succeeding if we have a decent strike partner with him. Agreed Simms is not the same style as vik and won't create as many chances and goals by his own hard work as vik did. We're going to rely on likes of palmer and the wingbacks to supply him and another striker who can create chances and link up with.

Sick Boy

If you were to judge him purely on today's performance, he wouldn't start at Leicester.

As he cost us big money, we know he has to start, but if today is anything to go by we need 2 more strikers.

He gets a pass though as today's game means nothing, but he will be watched closely for work rate/ contribution.
If he scores 20 goals this season he'll be a success. Let's hope he does.
I’m more interested in whether he scores goals rather than closely watching his work rate.

hamil99

Facebook User

Exactly my thinking, you can't play the same way with Simms. He doesn't seem to be able to wriggle free like Vik did. That ability of Viks is like unicorn shit. Simms needs the ball in the box, turn and hit it. I still think he will scores lots, we just need to get used to playing with him.

Legia Sky Blue

Where do we think Sakamoto fits into our team? On today's evidence we would leave ourselves wide open defensively if we play him at WB against Championship quality teams, and he doesn't look big enough or strong enough to start in midfield. It is only first impressions I know but it strikes me that he is going to be most effective as an impact sub against tiring defences.

theferret

Where do we think Sakamoto fits into our team? On today's evidence we would leave ourselves wide open defensively if we play him at WB against Championship quality teams, and he doesn't look big enough or strong enough to start in midfield. It is only first impressions I know but it strikes me that he is going to be most effective as an impact sub against tiring defences.

Agree. Despite all the noise I don't see him as a regular starter.

SBbucks

I haven't seen any of our previous pre season games and only caught the last 45 of this one, but why is everyone saying Simms is wank? He's got 4 goals with both being braces.

He’s finished 4 chances well against league 2 opposition, so obviously knows where the net is when chances are created for him. Other than that, he has contributed very little in the 4 games and was totally anonymous against Shrewsbury and today. The touches he did have today were consistently poor, and I can’t remember him even having a touch in the box today (might be wrong).
Clearly Robins must have seen something in him, but whatever it was he’s hiding it pretty well at the moment.
It’s also clear that it’s way too early to write him off, as he will undoubtedly be the main striker in the weeks to come so will have plenty of chance to improve. Let’s hope for better from him when the real stuff starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Players locked in the changing rooms and told to 'sort it out amongst themselves' apparently. Not looking good.

I know this isnt true because they headed straight to Dartmoor after the game for an evening of extreme paintballing.
Hearing two acls and an achilles gone already and the night goggles arent even out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread