Everyone needs to calm down (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

We lost a game of football, fairly or not, it was just a game of football. It doesn't need to be turned into, "our season is over". There are 14 games left. Next up we have Barnsley, lets go see if we can win it.

Every time we lose, people come on here moaning, 'this players shit', 'Mowbray is shit', and 'we don't deserve promotion', why is it so easy to forget 4/5 months of good work, hard work by this manager and this team? We should be happy and supportive of this team for even letting us dream/think of getting promoted. This is the best football, and probably best team in years. Not perfect no, but competitive for where we are.

Sure we lost to Fleetwood Town, but how people expected us to win comfortably 4-0, is ridiculous. Fleetwood were never going to be pushovers, they concede few, and any team can score at any moment in a match if given the opportunity. That's football, its unpredictable.

There will be the usual argument, 'Coventry is a massive club, we shouldn't be in league one against these tinpot clubs', we are where we are right now. No team in this league goes out and beats everyone comfortably, there are no favourites, there are no big clubs. We are a league one club, with league one players. A name does not change that.

Why is it easier for Coventry city fans to always moan instead of actually supporting the team? I don't care what shit our owners have put us through, as fans sometimes, we let ourselves down. I honestly believe the fans are contributing to this poor run, because we are just so critical, and whiney about everything.
Everyone seems to expect the world, of Madders, Murphy, Armstrong week in week out, they are kids learning how to play football. Yet suddenly after a poor run or a bad game, they are shit, overpriced at 2m. Why not just accept we are in a rut, but these young kids have shown us they can perform to a very high standard, and we should be backing them on to the hilt. Not saying they should be dropped, sent back to their clubs, Mowbray should be sacked. We haven't been the '12th man' that we were at the start of the season, the atmosphere often seems flat to me, and i'm sure I will get the argument, 'the players should make us want to chant', well sometimes part of being a supporter, isn't just to cheer the team when we score, sometimes it's our job to pick up the team.

There is no easy way out, I always thought personally we would fall off, due to Mowbrays track record in the second half of the season. But I wouldn't have any other man in charge, I don't care if we have to settle for that type of performance between now end of the season, because the least Mowbray and the team have done is gained our respect and support. And tbh I don't know why, but I have changed my mind, I think we will at least make the play offs, and yes if we do go up we deserve it. Because over the course of the season, we have shown enough to be right up there.

Yes I personally would make changes to the style of play, but we can't all be right can we? every manager would pick a different team, and somebody would get it right.
If I could I would go 4-3-3:
RCC
Lorentzson- Cargill-Stephens-stokes
------Rose----Vincelot---Fleck
---Armstrong--Tudgay--Murphy

but I don't see the players everyday, I don't analyse football videos of the opposition. It's so easy to say sack the manager. It's the typical human thought process to always take the easy option. Sometimes you just have to see it through, whether the storm and then build from there.

Everyone just calm down, have some faith, and just get behind the team. We are 6th in league with a game in hand. Lets make the team proud, and make them feel like we have faith they can get us to where we want to go.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I like your optimism but the reason people can't calm down is because this isn't just one game, we have been mostly underperforming for quite a while.

Do you go to the games out of interest? I find that usually makes the emotions stronger. The fact you've picked Murphy in your next team worries me.

To be honest, you should care if we receive that type of performance every week. Firstly because the credit they have earned is slowly diminishing, and secondly because the level of effort that is being put in is just not acceptable.

It's not that we are playing really well and loosing or drawing, we are not trying hard enough. The lack of urgency today showcases that.

NorthernWisdom

We lost a game of football, fairly or not, it was just a game of football. It doesn't need to be turned into, "our season is over".

Problem is, after Bury we were going to win every game to the end of the season, Cole was a footballing GOD, and Mowbray could have fathered half this board's children.

Extremes, always the way...

(But the trend in recent weeks and months has been... downwards)

Nick

Administrator
I thought we actually weren't very good against Bury, we have played much better and drawn or lost.

skybluegod

I like your optimism but the reason people can't calm down is because this isn't just one game, we have been mostly underperforming for quite a while.

Do you go to the games out of interest? I find that usually makes the emotions stronger. The fact you've picked Murphy in your next team worries me.

To be honest, you should care if we receive that type of performance every week. Firstly because the credit they have earned is slowly diminishing, and secondly because the level of effort that is being put in is just not acceptable.

It's not that we are playing really well and loosing or drawing, we are not trying hard enough. The lack of urgency today showcases that.

Every team can have a bad run of form, it isn't solved by shredding players and the manager.

I do I go to most if not every game, and I hate losing more than most, but if anything I have learned to expect nothing in football.

I pick Murphy because in a league like this when the pitches are detiroraitng fast, Maddison, Cole and Lamerias just aren't useful away from home on bad pitches. Murphy's pace can cause problems though.

No because it isn't a lack of effort by the players. That's BS tbh. If you honestly believe they aren't putting in the effort you are mad.

I hate when people use the argument about Urgency, what is the point in creating 4/5 half chances when if you actually think about what you are doing can create one good chance. If you are talking about applying pressure and boxing them in I agree, but that is more down to TM than the players, he is asking the players to be creative rather than smash it into the box for the knockdowns.

shmmeee

I think post-Bury was more hope than expectation.

I thought we'd drop off as well, I said at the start that I wouldn't get excited until after the transfer window. Mowbray himself said we're likely to drop off (which worries me that he knows it's an issue and has been unable to avoid it). However, our form has been poor for months with little sign of improvement. Even against Bury people were saying how poor Bury were and how they still had chances.

If we do end up dropping out of the playoff places, serious questions have to be asked of Mowbray. Ultimately for this club, finishing 7th and finishing 19th is much of a muchness. We need play offs at least before we are a solid League 1 side here for the next 10 years.

skybluegod

I thought we actually weren't very good against Bury, we have played much better and drawn or lost.

I agree I have seen us play much better, Bury were shit awful. I don't think we need a win like that. We need a scrappy win to get us back on course if I'm honest, a 2-1 last minute fortune tap in.

NorthernWisdom

If we do end up dropping out of the playoff places, serious questions have to be asked of Mowbray. Ultimately for this club, finishing 7th and finishing 19th is much of a muchness. We need play offs at least before we are a solid League 1 side here for the next 10 years.

The problem wouldn't be missing the play-offs as such - it'd be more the fact we've done it on the back of loans who won't be here next season, and the bad feeling that comes with a poor finish.

Currently... the season's mirroring Pressley's Sixfields season. An exciting start with some good football and goals, a blip... and then the desire to fix it by bringing in a put load of loans and experienced heads.

Let's hope we don't fall off like we did that season!

skybluegod

A bad run of form is 5 or 6 games not 15

Is that a fact? Who determines what a bad run is?

What if we win the next 2 games. Then lose the game after that?

Everyone craves success, but is the real solution, sacking Mowbray and getting yet another manager? Let someone have a bit more than 12 months. Let them build a club, and a team, with a philosophy.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Every team can have a bad run of form, it isn't solved by shredding players and the manager.

I do I go to most if not every game, and I hate losing more than most, but if anything I have learned to expect nothing in football.

I pick Murphy because in a league like this when the pitches are detiroraitng fast, Maddison, Cole and Lamerias just aren't useful away from home on bad pitches. Murphy's pace can cause problems though.

No because it isn't a lack of effort by the players. That's BS tbh. If you honestly believe they aren't putting in the effort you are mad.

I hate when people use the argument about Urgency, what is the point in creating 4/5 half chances when if you actually think about what you are doing can create one good chance. If you are talking about applying pressure and boxing them in I agree, but that is more down to TM than the players, he is asking the players to be creative rather than smash it into the box for the knockdowns.

Your response actually prompts me to question if you are the one that is mad. Could you really not see that there was a lack of real effort from some players today? Particularly from Murphy which is usually the case, I could have pointed out at least 10 times per half when he did something that he could have tried considerably harder for.

You pick him because he does something on average every six games? Those kind of stats aren't really good enough. There are other players that have had a lot less game time that could improve the level of performance within the team given half a chance. It's just a shame one of them has just gone on loan to Scunthorpe.

Urgency is an issue too. If you go and beat a team like Bury 6-0, the last thing you want to do in the next game is fail to get out of second gear. We didn't all game until arguably Tudgay came on. That first half was passive and the players had in their minds that the game was going to be won without trying today.

skybluegod

Your response actually prompts me to question if you are the one that is mad. Could you really not see that there was a lack of real effort from some players today? Particularly from Murphy which is usually the case, I could have pointed out at least 10 times per half when he did something that he could have tried considerably harder for.

You pick him because he does something on average every six games? Those kind of stats aren't really good enough. There are other players that have had a lot less game time that could improve the level of performance within the team given half a chance. It's just a shame one of them has just gone on loan to Scunthorpe.

Urgency is an issue too. If you go and beat a team like Bury 6-0, the last thing you want to do in the next game is fail to get out of second gear. We didn't all game until arguably Tudgay came on. That first half was passive and the players had in their minds that the game was going to be won without trying today.

It's called social loafing, he obviously feels as if he has to conserve himself for more important tasks, yes Murphy does, but I think he is the only one in the team that does personally?

No as I said I pick him because Cole, madders and Lamerias aren't suited to our next match? I think Murphy thinks more of himself than he is, but I also think he's the best option we have for the next game.

JOB was poor for the dressing room according to Mowbray so I don't care about him anymore. I liked him as a player but we didn't see him in the dressing room. I trust in TM.

I think your argument is very narrow minded and tbh it's a completely valid opinion, but I don't agree, and I guess that's just fans isn't it.

My real problem is that EVERYBODY on here is complaining about the problems instead of helping to solve them.

Skyblueweeman

FFS, bar one or two games, we've been shit since the end of November. We'll struggle to stay in the play offs based on the past couple of months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Otis

It's called social loafing, he obviously feels as if he has to conserve himself for more important tasks, yes Murphy does, but I think he is the only one in the team that does personally?

No as I said I pick him because Cole, madders and Lamerias aren't suited to our next match? I think Murphy thinks more of himself than he is, but I also think he's the best option we have for the next game.

JOB was poor for the dressing room according to Mowbray so I don't care about him anymore. I liked him as a player but we didn't see him in the dressing room. I trust in TM.

I think your argument is very narrow minded and tbh it's a completely valid opinion, but I don't agree, and I guess that's just fans isn't it.

My real problem is that EVERYBODY on here is complaining about the problems instead of helping to solve them.
I'll get straight on the blower and ask TM if he will let me pick the next team then!

Anyone got his number?

rupert_bear

The only good thing that has come out of today is we didn't lose too much ground apart from Wigan. The big downer for me was after a decent first 10 minutes we looked a rag bag outfit in all positions, a lot bemoan Murphy but just about all the rest were as bad. Perhaps just a bad day at the office but we are having too many of them now and if things are not going well Mowbray is struggling to correct it,.

Gazolba

I thought we actually weren't very good against Bury <snip>.

Yes, we only won 6-0. And that isn't the point of the game is it, to score goals and win? No the point is to play well and winning and goals is just a bonus.

The Lurker

Are you deluded? When we went top in November we were 22 points ahead of barnsley. Come Tuesday night they could be on the same points. Shows you just how poor we've been since gillingham game

skyblue14

Players have bad days. Even top players do. We were unlucky to have these bad days all occur on the same day and perhaps it's contagious - it can spread throughout the team.

The way some people are talking it's like we are in the relegation zone and just got smashed 5-0.

The manager and players have kept us in the top 6 all season but now they're all shit apparently, according to some people.

RegTheDonk

The problem wouldn't be missing the play-offs as such - it'd be more the fact we've done it on the back of loans who won't be here next season, and the bad feeling that comes with a poor finish.

Currently... the season's mirroring Pressley's Sixfields season. An exciting start with some good football and goals, a blip... and then the desire to fix it by bringing in a put load of loans and experienced heads.

Let's hope we don't fall off like we did that season!

I think you're bang on there NW.

On paper, this is a really good team. We've also had an auto spot in our own hands and, with the on paper quality we've either had loaned in or been gifted through being on the current playing staff, should have cemented ourselves in the top two.

We're now struggling to hold on for a play off spot, frankly. And if we do hold on, I can't see us beating the likes of Walsall, Gills, or Wigan over 3 games.

That leaves next season still in this friggin league, and who in their right mind would let us keep Armstrong, Madders or one of the better loans - they would surely want them to step up as part of their education.

Although some may say its work in progress, we've done well to turn around, lets get things in perspective etc...I say nuts to that, we have had a tremendous opportunity to actually get promoted and we're flushing it all away.

stevefloyd

I said at the start of the season it would be better if we didnt get promoted because we havent got a truly settled team and this year was laying the foundations down for a real charge next season however as good as its been so far this season (except for this extended blip) i dont see that much in the way of progress to the team to set us up for next season... the loanees will be gone and its back to square one... omfg i hope we sneak promotion this year

Users who are viewing this thread