Everyone happy in defeat? (1 Viewer)

Otis

We should be.

Great effort today against the team sitting 2nd in the league and with some Premiership quality players.

Been banging on for weeks to see some harrying and battling and closing down of the ball and today we got it. if you fight and battle and chase and harry you always have a chance. Long may it continue. Every game in from now on please and we at least have a bit of a chance of escape.

Only beaten today by a missed foul on Keogh and a complete fluke of a second.

First time this season I have felt that we were unlucky. Came out of the ground though proud and thought all the team did really well. Best I have seen City play this season.

Macca

Taking the game in isolation perhaps. Being 6 points adrift with a game over on others and a shit goal difference is another matter. I almost ready to say we are Donald, but lets see what we can do in the next 3. Put us 9 points adrift and I would hold no hope

ccfc2011

performance yes
result no

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I am happy. We deserved atleast a point but again we gift the opposition goals. Amd this time it was goals. Both involved poor play by us leading to the goal.

Ref again was very poor. Missed a rolling ball prior to WH getting the winner from Green's goal kick.

Kids again shown what they are capable of, and justify why they deserve their places.

Once again, Thorn has shown his naivity when it comes to subs, and when its time to change our game. For the 2nd game running, the opposition have had to change the way they play, this time Alladyce left it until half time. Yet when the other side have the upper foot, we dont change??? Fortunatley we didnt completly disappear after WH changed their shape like we did V Southampton.

Actually looking forward to Tuesday now although i bet our inconsistancy returns and we dont continue from where we finished today.

Otis

The result is the one which counts.
Playing well and losing is shit.
I'd rather play shit and win.

Well I came away warmed by the effort. Gave me hope. We keep playing like that and when it's Barnsley and Doncaster and Peterborough and Watford etc. rather than West Ham then we have a real fighting chance of winning games.

Nowt to be downhearted about today. Who in their right mind believed we would win before the game? It was odds on cert anyway so for me today it was all about the performance.

Last edited:

Otis

I am happy. We deserved atleast a point but again we gift the opposition goals. Amd this time it was goals. Both involved poor play by us leading to the goal.

Ref again was very poor. Missed a rolling ball prior to WH getting the winner from Green's goal kick.

Kids again shown what they are capable of, and justify why they deserve their places.

Once again, Thorn has shown his naivity when it comes to subs, and when its time to change our game. For the 2nd game running, the opposition have had to change the way they play, this time Alladyce left it until half time. Yet when the other side have the upper foot, we dont change??? Fortunatley we didnt completly disappear after WH changed their shape like we did V Southampton.

Actually looking forward to Tuesday now although i bet our inconsistancy returns and we dont continue from where we finished today.

Have been critical about Thorn's subs before, but not today so much at all. Fact was, Sheff was already booked and then went on to commit a further two fouls in the 2nd half. Convinced Thorn took him off cos he looked like getting a 2nd yellow. Cranie was struggling a little after the first half injury so I think Thorn had to keep someone back on the bench for that scenario. Thought he just about got it right. He could have maybe taken Christie off earlier but that's about it.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I agree he got his subs about right, but think they could have come sooner. Jutkiewicz was knackered. You wouldnt believe he'd just had 2 weeks off. Dont get me wrong i like Juke, but his fitness has always been a concern (i did see today though on the football league site that Juke has (for a 2nd consecutive season) one of the best / highest shooting rates. 22 shots on target prior to today. Just a shame his finishing hasnt improved.

pusbccfc

I thought the lads did great today, good to see gael back and thomas was exceptional.
Keogh and craine won 90% of headers although carew was 3/4inches taller than them.
Christie did ok, not his best but battled hard, ruined a super chance when he rushed a cross when it was bobbling although he had plenty of time.
Hussey, did again like christie ok.
I thought clingan did well and mcsheff made a little bit more effort.
Up top I thought once again platt was great, worked very hard and held the ball up well, juke pretty average from him worked hard as always but seemed quiet although he had a super shot saved by Green, if had gone in I'm sure we would of won.

Looking forward to tuesday and saturday to big games, we need points!

skybluedan

we are not very good and are already gone boys, big mean big buggers........................................

Last edited by a moderator:
We were excellent today IMO not a bad player on the pitch. We were unkucky and i'm very dissapointed not to get anything out of that game. We never get any luck and whilst i'm happy with the performance we are all unhaopy with a defeat of any kind.

Great effort by the lads giving all for the cause in a superb entertaining game of football.

Sammy best game this season.

Plattini to keep his place

Richard Keogh has got to be Prem class putting in superb displays match after match - he was immense today - a candidate for the captaincy me thinks

PUSB

pusbccfc

Great effort by the lads giving all for the cause in a superb entertaining game of football.

Sammy best game this season.

Plattini to keep his place

Richard Keogh has got to be Prem class putting in superb displays match after match - he was immense today - a candidate for the captaincy me thinks

PUSB

Look how far keogh has gone, he was slated for the first half of last season, look at the away game at cradiff, fair play to him.

Tankie

Any Independant observer at the ricoh today, could be excused, from not Knowing which of these two sides were at the top, or bottom of the table.
despite the more colourful opinions that have been given, this afternoon, I was proud to be a sky blue supporter, as they turned in a fully commited, skillful display of attacking Football,

The result was a cruel, unjust, turn of fate,. with lady luck, again turning her back on us, after we had battled so valiantly, but this was no backs to the wall display from the Beleagured Sky Blues, but one that warmed the cockles of my heart, as they more than matched the Hammers, in all areas of the field.
The atmosphere was terrific, with special thanks going to block 15, who again were superb.
I may be in the minority, but I again applaud Andy thorn, for sticking to his beliefs on how the game should be played, a refreshing change from the last two regimes, who bored me to death with negativity considered a virtue.
yes! of cause i know we need the points, but playing Hoof ball, won't guarantee we get them either, from what we saw today The Sky blues, are amongst the top entertainers in this League.
If we're going down, lets go pretty, rather than ugly, and have you noticed! despite our league position, no one is getting on Andy Thorns, Back, there must be some hidden logic in that.
SISU..OUT...Thorn Remain..
Regards......Tankie..Disappointed but still glowing

skyblueshaun

dont get what andy thorn was doing bringing on wood when we were 2.1 down what was his thinkin defend the 2.1 defeat ? shud of bought cody on for the last 5 mins cuz juke looked nakerd and also cranie what the hell was he doing :facepalm: i am wondering why i bought a season ticket now :confused:

wingy

Don't think AT waqs the bit of the interview i caught he sounded really dejected ,understanderble i guess

Nonleagueherewecome

dont get what andy thorn was doing bringing on wood when we were 2.1 down what was his thinkin defend the 2.1 defeat ? shud of bought cody on for the last 5 mins cuz juke looked nakerd and also cranie what the hell was he doing :facepalm: i am wondering why i bought a season ticket now :confused:

Christie was absolutely shot. Sammy always turned and passed down the left instead for much of the 2nd half as he knew Cyrus was struggling. The final straw was the ball to him that he attempted to trap and it just dribbled off his foot for a WH throw. If anything, he should have brought Wood on 10 mins earlier.

skyblueshaun

Christie was absolutely shot. Sammy always turned and passed down the left instead for much of the 2nd half as he knew Cyrus was struggling. The final straw was the ball to him that he attempted to trap and it just dribbled off his foot for a WH throw. If anything, he should have brought Wood on 10 mins earlier.
tbh mate wood should of started the game far better than cranie in my opinion

Nonleagueherewecome

tbh mate wood should of started the game far better than cranie in my opinion

Agreed in terms of strengths and aerial ability, but I did think that Cranie passed the ball and moved it at pace superbly in the first half.

Otis

That's exactly it. Sheff HAD to go off as he was in danger of earning a red card. Christie's legs had gone. It was either Wood or Cameron and Wood has a knack of scoring up the other end of the field so the right choices were made. I'm pretty sure they were all knackered as they worked so hard.

Nonleagueherewecome

That's exactly it. Sheff HAD to go off as he was in danger of earning a red card. Christie's legs had gone. It was either Wood or Cameron and Wood has a knack of scoring up the other end of the field so the right choices were made. I'm pretty sure they were all knackered as they worked so hard.

Yeah, I was surprised at the Sheff hook as he was still looking a threat but I'd forgotten about the yellow. Ref was an utter twonk today.

Covstu

As much as we can take heart in the result the loss hurts bad, i hope the team feel it as much as the fans do today. My worry is again we play well against a top team and when we play a lower placed team we will not battle as much as that, we are not consistent enough sadly.

Paxman II

We are not putting the ball in the net. No fault with effort but that extra drive and grit and guile is not there when we desperately need it.
There comes a point when you can't continue to say we were unlucky, the ref was poor or if only...

Macca

I think where we are now we have to look for positives and celebrate our best defeat of the season

stupot07

We are not putting the ball in the net. No fault with effort but that extra drive and grit and guile is not there when we desperately need it.
There comes a point when you can't continue to say we were unlucky, the ref was poor or if only...

That is right but today is one of those days when it is justifiable to say we were unlucky and the ref was poor.

rob9872

Quality as always Macca :D

Users who are viewing this thread