Oz Howie

Mar 11, 2011
Australia
The last few days have finally convinced me the sad time has come to euthanise the club. Just like a loved pet whose time has come, the humane thing to do now is kill the club. I have supported the Bantams/Sky Blues since 1957 but we have reached the end with the only prospect finishing up non-league. As the season ticket holders are counted whether they attend home games or not, maybe we use the remaining games this season to pay our last respects and then not renew and not attend next season. I can't see any other way to rid the club of our cancerous owners. Starve their income, make the club worthless and maybe, just maybe, we'll find new owners prepared to take on the rebirth.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
So kill the club to get rid of the owners?
How is the only prospect non league?

The club is worthless anyway.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
The last few days have finally convinced me the sad time has come to euthanise the club. Just like a loved pet whose time has come, the humane thing to do now is kill the club. I have supported the Bantams/Sky Blues since 1957 but we have reached the end with the only prospect finishing up non-league. As the season ticket holders are counted whether they attend home games or not, maybe we use the remaining games this season to pay our last respects and then not renew and not attend next season. I can't see any other way to rid the club of our cancerous owners. Starve their income, make the club worthless and maybe, just maybe, we'll find new owners prepared to take on the rebirth.

Of FFS just piss off

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Apr 16, 2010
Coventry
Euthanasia = death. How does that enable Ccfc to continue? It's a choice for some fans not sure how you force it on Sisu and let's be clear it leaves no club after it. There is no easy or effective solution to this whilst the owners are insulated by breakeven and simply see Ccfc as figures on a spreadsheet - they don't care, and certainly don't care in the way fans do.

Fisher has said as income reduces then he will slash wage costs. That sounds to me like they are quite prepared let the club drop through the divisions just so they don't crystallize the loss.

Some are saying NOPM but I feel the greatest effect on match income is that fans have or will just give up and that is far more dangerous. People find other things to do, that means their kids do too. It's not a problem for a season the effects are far longer. The older generation will remain sceptical even with new owners and the longer they stay away the less chance they return.

I don't believe that after all this is done that a little success on the pitch will suddenly make things right, make the future brighter whoever are the owners

But the death of Ccfc I cannot agree with

Last edited:

ccfcway

Mar 20, 2011
The most selfish thing you could do is protest for the closure of the club when the rest of us aren't done with it yet.

I think that's a very fair point. Many of us are on different parts of the kubler-ross curve and just because some want to end it, doesn't mean others do. It does show that even now, being down to almost the "core" of fans, still how divided we are as to what to do next

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry

Are you supporting SISU? They are trying their best to kill us off. I want us to survive..

Oz Howie

Mar 11, 2011
Australia
No the complete opposite. I would love to see the club survive, but the prospect of owners not interested in success has finally made me realise that we have no viable future. The very reason SISU are hanging on and keeping the club (sort of ) going is so they don't have to realize and disclose their financial losses. TM has finally confirmed for me that the only thing SISU care about is their hedge fund. The club and supporters do not even get considered by them.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
No the complete opposite. I would love to see the club survive, but the prospect of owners not interested in success has finally made me realise that we have no viable future. The very reason SISU are hanging on and keeping the club (sort of ) going is so they don't have to realize and disclose their financial losses. TM has finally confirmed for me that the only thing SISU care about is their hedge fund. The club and supporters do not even get considered by them.

What did TM confirm?

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
The most selfish thing you could do is protest for the closure of the club when the rest of us aren't done with it yet.

That's a fair point.

Personally I think the end is inevitable. I also think if people actively boycott they have to be aware that the end might be a consequence of their actions. If they're comfortable with that... so be it. But then if you still want to 'enjoy' (;)) what's there atm, that too is fair enough.

It's pretty much like Sixfields really. Actively trying to force *everybody* to join in a boycott is the surefire way to create division and disharmony... and end up doing SISU's work for them.

ceetee

May 7, 2015
CV47
You've only just realised that!

Reactions: Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread