European championships 2020 thread (5 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

This showboating on the run up is not for me prefer to see the old fashioned run up pick ur corner and put ur foot through the ball

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This. Got no issues with saka’s pen (poor but at least he went for it) lose my head with any player who stops before kicking

COV

Never, unless you wanna be a smart arse like Rob and say he did an hour ago. He’s only taken them at youth level, even then was only 3 he’s taken and he missed 1

No it was a genuine question.

Not much to say about it, apart from hopefully the guy doesn’t let it get to him too much

Brighton Sky Blue

Never, unless you wanna be a smart arse like Rob and say he did an hour ago. He’s only taken them at youth level, even then was only 3 he’s taken and he missed 1

He volunteered like his manager did 25 years ago. The more seasoned Rashford however really should have known better

SlowerThanPlatt

Well some right old nonsense on here

In the end it’s our most successful tournament for over half a century and the youngest squad in the competition

Southgate by a country mile is the best manager for as long as I remember - penalties is a lottery and that’s it

Can’t be bothered with the rubbish here and certainly social media - just embarrassing

Agree with most but not that penalties are a lottery, as I posted in another thread it’s a skill and test of mental strength imo. Some teams (or players) aren’t good at them by luck.

Ccfcisparks

It was a gamble that failed, really the lessons to take away are not from the shootout but the second half. They really had no answer in the first but we relieved all of the pressure
Southgate didn’t learn from the Croatia game at the WC. They came back into it 2nd half and we didn’t know how to confront that.

cowboy1850

Somebody from the England camp said we had practiced penalties before we played Germany.
So why did we miss 3 penalties today and appear to have no confidence?

COV

Somebody from the England camp said we had practiced penalties before we played Germany.
So why did we miss 3 penalties today and appear to have no confidence?

I guess because no matter what you do on a training ground you cannot replicate the conditions in a stadium in a major final, how do you recreate that type of pressure?

Sancho & Rashford’s penalties looked like training ground penalties but in that kind of pressure it was a massive gamble throwing them in like that having barely been on the pitch

covmark

I guess because no matter what you do on a training ground you cannot replicate the conditions in a stadium in a major final, how do you recreate that type of pressure?
Nah. Put players up who have been in the game

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

COV

The streaker showed a great turn of pace when he came on, took about 5 stewards to get near him

D

Deleted member 11652

If we had attacked at 1-0 and got a second I think it would have been over in 90. Seen it a few times last season with Cov.

Which is what I’ve been saying all day yet you cry at every post I make. Yam yam yam yam

Johnnythespider

Well some right old nonsense on here

In the end it’s our most successful tournament for over half a century and the youngest squad in the competition

Southgate by a country mile is the best manager for as long as I remember - penalties is a lottery and that’s it

Can’t be bothered with the rubbish here and certainly social media - just embarrassing
Thanks for popping by

• Haha
Reactions: COV

covmark

Genuinely gutted, but proud of the young lads that stepped up.
Proper looking forward to another big season in the championship. One where we can actually go and watch.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

If we had attacked at 1-0 and got a second I think it would have been over in 90. Seen it a few times last season with Cov.

We wouldn’t have been gung ho either, just stretching the play wide as we had in the first half and utilising Kane dropping a bit deeper to spray it around. We won’t get a better chance to win than that.

The Sunderland of world football

wingy

When you look back at critical moment's
It's likely that Chiellini has a handful t Stone's shirte as he falls backwards onto the ground,right next to him is the goalscorer who beats Mount in heading the ball by mere milliseconds.

cowboy1850

They'll be another kick in the nuts in the next few days as UEFA punish the FA for booing of the Italian anthem and kids breaking through the security barriers. :poop:

D

Deleted member 11652

They'll be another kick in the nuts in the next few days as UEFA punish the FA for booing of the Italian anthem and kids breaking the security barriers. :poop:

We have been punished enough by having to suffer with Southgate in charge

CJ_covblaze

Hopefully Saka is banished from the England team now. Let him mature he should never have been there and that’s on southgate
One of our players of the tournament. However that 5th penalty should’ve been Grealish’s or Pickford’s.

Users who are viewing this thread