Transfer Rumour Ephron Mason-Clark (4 Viewers)

gspotgaz

Got to feel for the player too. Earnt a big move to a team in championship playoffs at age of 24 and has to play another half season in league 1 when his heart isn’t fully in it

SeaSeeEffCee

I don’t really understand why we haven’t pushed for a loanee for this season as well as this guy if we’re loaning him back. Not like we’d fall into the same trap as Boro etc. in needing to replace the departing loan player in the summer.

hamertime

The club are building a side capable of getting promotion over the next few seasons yes
If that’s what we’re doing then great. But if we keep selling our best players every season then replacing them with up and coming talent we’re not really moving forward. Doug has changed the club immensely so far and it’s been a breath of fresh air but the proof will be over the next couple of seasons.

Northants Sky Blue

Trying to perform the mental gymnastics to convince myself this isnt as shit for this season as it appears.

Nah sorry, not working.

We know MacAnthony's a slippery one but he's proper tickled Dougs belly here

Mucca Mad Boys

I don’t really understand why we haven’t pushed for a loanee for this season as well as this guy if we’re loaning him back. Not like we’d fall into the same trap as Boro etc. in needing to replace the departing loan player in the summer.

Do you know if the club have made an effort or not? It’s been a quiet window across the board.

I’m sure MR knows the weaknesses in his squad but there’s also a longer term plan at play.

Evo1883

If that’s what we’re doing then great. But if we keep selling our best players every season then replacing them with up and coming talent we’re not really moving forward. Doug has changed the club immensely so far and it’s been a breath of fresh air but the proof will be over the next couple of seasons.

We've several players worth money on the books now though , rather than 1 or 2 .. we're at the start of "OUR" model

no_loyalty

Would be a great signing, bit disappointed if we loan him back though.

ptr

who do you want him to sign? Can’t sign like for like replacements for people like Hamer and Gyo because guess what? They cost just as much if not more.

Signing up and coming talent is what gets you players like Gyo and Hamer.

CBS16

If he's a long term target that we wanted to sign in the summer, this could be a brilliant way of securing a good price. If they go up and he's smashed league one we probably wouldn't be able to get him. It's good long term planning, we've been coping just fine this season. Glad the club are acting calmly and seeing January as a part of a longer transfer strategy not a short term panic fix.

Do feel Posh will have a similar issue we had with James Maddison. The lad will want to playing for a premier league promotion not playing down in league one. They've possibly lost some money on the fee to appease the supporters short term, but could be left short changed by half hearted performances before he leaves

Last edited:

Mr Panda

Our expectations are rising as a result of our own success so it’s naturally frustrating that he’s getting loaned back - but this is a long term plan, no operation premiership bullshit

Let’s remind ourselves that we’re signing the best winger in division below - a huge step up from signing players like Waghorn or will they or won’t they players like Jobello and Kastaneer

Evo1883

Trying to perform the mental gymnastics to convince myself this isnt as shit for this season as it appears.

Nah sorry, not working.

We know MacAnthony's a slippery one but he's proper tickled Dougs belly here
He's a good owner and has done well at posh , he's flipped a fair few million on players , and isn't one for lying down .. he also knows that if he scores another 10 this season , he could be worth more holding onto him .. we've probably met him in the middle

hamertime

who do you want him to sign? Can’t sign like for like replacements for people like Hamer and Gyo because guess what? They cost just as much if not more.

Signing up and coming talent is what gets you players like Gyo and Hamer.
I don’t want them to sell players for 20 million then buy a player for 3 million. I want them to sell a player for 20 million then buy 4 players for 5 million.

TomRad85

Seriously though, we didn't plan for this formation so we are very light in these wide forward areas. Saka and Wright are going to break down with no obvious cover.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread