England v San Marino (1 Viewer)

stupot07

What a negative line up.

Milner holding, and Henderson and Wilshire. All a bit samey, and with Milner holding, no one really breaking the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

What a negative line up.

Milner holding, and Henderson and Wilshire. All a bit samey, and with Milner holding, no one really breaking the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Personally OK with milner and Henderson ,Wilshire is the one who flatters to deceive for me .

Where will Walcott fit when he's back ?

SlowerThanPlatt

This from The Guardian

37 min: James Milner (Manchester City) is booked for hanging a cynical leg out to put a stop to Matteo Vitaioli (factory worker) as the San Marino winger looks to burst down the left. Professional fouls against amateur players, that it’s come to this for Roy Hodgson’s England.

ccfc92

No. If I'd realised sooner I was off work tomorrow I might have gone. Plenty of seats to choose from it seems. Bit like the Ricoh :D

Yay a second goal! High foot to concede it too!

Keeper made amends with the tip over the bar just before It too

I put HT score at 2-0 literally just before the pen was given, and it went thru just in time :D

ccfc92

Whilst I agree we should be 5-0 up already, unfortunately these teams purely defend.

They foul, block and get all 11 players behind the ball. If they countered etc, it would be easy to then counter them and score.

5 goals + tho minimum please England :)

ccfc92

I think the corners of the pitch/byline needs attacking more tho IMO.

Turn the defenders towards their own goal, and pull it back to oncoming strikers. But we need wingers for that.

3-5-2? :whistle:

Also, wtf is going on with Ian Wright's goggles? :pointlaugh:

stupot07

Personally OK with milner and Henderson ,Wilshire is the one who flatters to deceive for me .

Where will Walcott fit when he's back ?

It's not particular who the players are more the blend of players, all a bit samey, workmanlike. I'd have played some like lallana or perhap play sterling slightly deeper.

Re: Walcott, depends whether he find the form he had before injury. I'm not totally convinced by sterling yet, or where his best position is.

ccfc92

I have hardly ever praised Milner, but he has done well tonight.

Maybe semi-pro is his level :whistle:

ccfc92

Rooney has had two easy chances now and missed both trying to be cocky.

That folks is why I think he is a prized see you next Tuesday!!

As for that 'goal', not quite sure what the Lino was looking at to give offside.....

There was a player offside beyond Lallana. Agreed about Rooney, how he is nearly an all time England scorer is a disgrace to the greats of Charlton etc. His goals have generally come against poor opposition.

wingy

Think Wellbeck has grown as a player over the last 6 months especially .

The responsibility to lead and play as main striker has suited him and feeling valued also .

Which makes Arsen Wengers comments comments re loaning him alll the more bizzarre ,like he's protecting his opinion on that average Prem Player Giroud.likewise with Chamak,Bentdner etc.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

The responsibility to lead and play as main striker has suited him and feeling valued also .

Which makes Arsen Wengers comments comments re loaning him alll the more bizzarre ,like he's protecting his opinion on that average Prem Player Giroud.likewise with Chamak,Bentdner etc.

He has! I had my doubts about him but think that might have been influence by his Man U connection ;)

He's certainly proving to be quite the player of late!

ccfc92

When DW signed for Arsenal, I said he will do well. He's doing it a CL, England level, the premiership is yet to be seen, but I have confidence in the lad :)

CJ_covblaze

Decent attendance. Too much showboating and trying to walk it in at times. Estonia will be a tougher test but we should come away with 3 points.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Didn't even know England were playing tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread