England v Brazil match thread 23rd March 2024 (6 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

Glad I didn’t bother to watch it looking at these comments.

HadjiChippo

Joe Cole doesn’t half talk bollocks

“Great side (Brazil)”
“A real test”

was a piss poor Brazil side, yet we still managed to make them look decent at times.

Evo1883

A little bit of Romario about him
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

mark82

That was utter toss. I know it's a friendly, so everyone is a bit half baked, but that was rubbish.

I guess slight context that we were missing a few top players (Saka, Kane, etc).

Brighton Sky Blue

That was utter toss. I know it's a friendly, so everyone is a bit half baked, but that was rubbish.

I guess slight context that we were missing a few top players (Saka, Kane, etc).
Brazil had more missing and someone in goal who’s never played for them at any level

Otis

Saka!! Knew I missed someone!

oscillatewildly

Glad I didn’t bother to watch it looking at these comments.
Brazil have just won their 6th WC - I presume so going by their sheer unadulterated celebrations.
Given that, quite proud of how we performed.
Special mention to 'our Arry' - One job to do and he fucked it up spectacularly :ROFLMAO: Never has the term 'Bambi on ice' been so pertinent!

oscillatewildly

I Know Chilwell's not there to score goals but given the dilemma many ex pro's face post retirement employment, I think he could corner the market in the diislodgement of nuisance pigeons in (extremely) high roof corners.

Otis

Kane
Foden-Bellingham-Saka
Rice - Mainoo(potentially)

That's a a good midfield and attack. The issue is what is behind them ad the act that the manager stifles them by playing safety first.
Yup. We have all these attacking, flair players and then play too conservatively.

SBAndy

Individualism has been replaced with robotic football and Brazil have struggled with that more than most , possibly

I haven’t watched the game yet but I was disappointed to see Fernando Deniz was replaced as manager fairly recently. Granted, Brazil had been naff under him but if you get chance watch some of his ‘tactical’ stuff on YouTube. It’s completely different to the game we’re (and, clearly, most of the Brazil players now) are used to, but it’s a lot more Brazilian in its nature.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don’t understand why even in friendlies he directs the team to play stodgy, low tempo crap. Let the shackles off and try to entertain people if nothing else.
Exactly. It's a friendly so set the team up attacking and see if we've got what it takes to trouble a decent international team by playing offensively. If we lose it doesn't matter.

How many times have we played conservatively against decent teams and totally wasted the best players we have because of it.

Otis

Exactly. It's a friendly so set the team up attacking and see if we've got what it takes to trouble a decent international team by playing offensively. If we lose it doesn't matter.

How many times have we played conservatively against decent teams and totally wasted the best players we have because of it.
Exactly this.

Doesn't matter so much if we lose. It's the time to try things, play with a bit a freedom and flair.

As others have said, this was just stodgy and dull.

Grendel

Yup. We have all these attacking, flair players and then play too conservatively.

If without Kane our best options up front are Watkins or Toney it’s hardly a golden generation of forwards

I know Maguire is limited but what centre half options are there?

Otis

If without Kane our best options up front are Watkins or Toney it’s hardly a golden generation of forwards

I know Maguire is limited but what centre half options are there?
I know. I would definitely like to see what Toney can do though. Give him the chance

Watkins is a good goalscorer, but he seems a little short of international standard I think.

Don't know about Toney. Let's at least see if he can grab his chance

Maguire is definitely on the wane and the way down.

Users who are viewing this thread