England: 17 for 4 (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4232

England peaked 3 years ago. The recent test here was quite flattering to england, as two of the tests Australia were to win were rained off. Being a kiwi, I love nothing more than seeing Australia lose; but England's implosion is hilarious to watch.

Wish the test was more competitive. ..

stupot07

Although we peaked 2-3 years ago, this is shocking stuff from England. Bangladesh would be embarrassed by 23-5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Truly, truly shocking.

Being described as the worst Ashes perfromance ever!

- Times England dismissed for under 200.

2 - Only twice did England score more than 300 the whole series.

- Century partnership by England. 8 century partnerships by Australia.

- Runs scored by George Bailey in a single James Anderson over in Perth, equalling the world record.

- Lbw dismissals by England in the first four Tests.

37 - Most wickets in the series, by Australia's Mitchell Johnson, at 13.97.

- Most wickets by an England bowler, Stuart Broad at 27.52.

- Centuries scored by Australia.

- Century scored by England.

- England's highest first innings total.

- Australia's highest first innings total - for nine, declared.

Australia's winless run in Tests prior to the series.

- Runs by Australia's David Warner, the top scorer in the series.

- Runs by England's top scorer, Kevin Pietersen.

Then there's the batting collapses

1st Test - 6 wickets for 9 runs, 5 wickets for 21 runs

2nd Test - 4 wickets for 6 runs

4th Test - 3 wickets for 1 run, 5 wickets for 6 runs

5th Test - 5 wickets for 23 runs, 3 wickets for 14 runs, 4 wickets for 8 runs.

Besides all that though, things are really looking up for English cricket.:facepalm:

Last edited:

smouch1975

Us antipedians feel it went rather well

Truly, truly shocking.

Being described as the worst Ashes perfromance ever!

- Times England dismissed for under 200.

2 - Only twice did England score more than 300 the whole series.

- Century partnership by England. 8 century partnerships by Australia.

- Runs scored by George Bailey in a single James Anderson over in Perth, equalling the world record.

- Lbw dismissals by England in the first four Tests.

37 - Most wickets in the series, by Australia's Mitchell Johnson, at 13.97.

- Most wickets by an England bowler, Stuart Broad at 27.52.

- Centuries scored by Australia.

- Century scored by England.

- England's highest first innings total.

- Australia's highest first innings total - for nine, declared.

Australia's winless run in Tests prior to the series.

- Runs by Australia's David Warner, the top scorer in the series.

- Runs by England's top scorer, Kevin Pietersen.

Then there's the batting collapses

1st Test - 6 wickets for 9 runs, 5 wickets for 21 runs

2nd Test - 4 wickets for 6 runs

4th Test - 3 wickets for 1 run, 5 wickets for 6 runs

5th Test - 5 wickets for 23 runs, 3 wickets for 14 runs, 4 wickets for 8 runs.

Besides all that though, things are really looking up for English cricket.:facepalm:

Otis

Cook after the match:

"I'm proud of the way the lads have stuck at it."

WTF!:facepalm:

Sutty

It was quite funny watching Michael Clarke's interview after the match. He obviously had to be complimentary to England, declaring it "competitive" and "hard-fought", but he couldn't do it without it coming out really condescending.

As an England fan it was thoroughly depressing, took me back to my childhood. As a cricket fan though Australia were a joy to watch. Great quick bowling, good field placement, clever well-executed plans, aggressive attitude. I look forward to their tour of South Africa, could be a cracker.

Otis

It was quite funny watching Michael Clarke's interview after the match. He obviously had to be complimentary to England, declaring it "competitive" and "hard-fought", but he couldn't do it without it coming out really condescending.

As an England fan it was thoroughly depressing, took me back to my childhood. As a cricket fan though Australia were a joy to watch. Great quick bowling, good field placement, clever well-executed plans, aggressive attitude. I look forward to their tour of South Africa, could be a cracker.

Thing is Sutty, the word from the South African camp is that they are rubbing their hands with glee, as seemingly they think this is a pretty average Australian side.

I think England just made them look good.

10 innings and England only made 300 twice. Bad, bad batting. Timid and lacking any aggression whatsoever.

stupot07

Thing is Sutty, the word from the South African camp is that they are rubbing their hands with glee, as seemingly they think this is a pretty average Australian side.

I think England just made them look good.

10 innings and England only made 300 twice. Bad, bad batting. Timid and lacking any aggression whatsoever.

Agree Otis - added to that peitersen and cook have just 1 hundred each in their last 27 innings, and that's before We're on the slide, and for me cook and flower have to go, they have showed no leadership when the going gets tough. We need a change of direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Agree Otis - added to that peitersen and cook have just 1 hundred each in their last 27 innings, and that's before We're on the slide, and for me cook and flower have to go, they have showed no leadership when the going gets tough. We need a change of direction.

Totally agree.

People are pointing to Cook's past record, but that is indeed the past.

We seem to set up our stall not to lose than than take the initative. We have plodded and prodded our way on the back foot and the Aussie's have taken full advantage of this and pinned us down, creating pressure.

Our bowling attack has looked so inept because the batsmen have given them next to nothing to work with.

Cook is too timid and negative for my liking. Still number one batsman, but take the captaincy away from him. He was outhought in this series.

stupot07

Totally agree.

People are pointing to Cook's past record, but that is indeed the past.

We seem to set up our stall not to lose than than take the initative. We have plodded and prodded our way on the back foot and the Aussie's have taken full advantage of this and pinned us down, creating pressure.

Our bowling attack has looked so inept because the batsmen have given them next to nothing to work with.

Cook is too timid and negative for my liking. Still number one batsman, but take the captaincy away from him. He was outhought in this series.

Yep, there also comes a point where the usual saying "forms temporary, class is permanent" becomes defunct. One or two of the older players may have to make way for some rebuilding.

The bowling was poor, but you have to presume they were bowling to plans - sky showed a graphic on our bowling in the first 4 tests - stats were 143 hitting the stumps and 2679 missing. That works out as 5.07% of deliveries hitting the stumps. (Thanks SBAndy for the stats). Not very attacking and the reason we didn't get an lbw in the first 4 test matches, we only got 2 in the final match.

Users who are viewing this thread