Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (1 Viewer)

warwickskyblue

Just watched the interview with Clive after the game.

He comes across as quite a nervous person.

He's got the ability, needs to believe in himself a bit more.

He could be our Mark Hughes.
Just said exactly that in the video thread. He’s got all the attributes just needs to believe in himself.

Brylowes

Prpper striker expecting the pass forward and making the runs forward and finishing nicely. Just need to get on his wavelength.
In the Bristol City game he made 2 or 3 good runs off the shoulder of a defender whilst screaming for the ball to be played forward through the channel for him, on each occasion a sideways ball was chosen instead, O’Hare twice & one other.

Mucca Mad Boys

In the Bristol City game he made 2 or 3 good runs off the shoulder of a defender whilst screaming for the ball to be played forward through the channel for him, on each occasion a sideways ball was chosen instead, O’Hare twice & one other.
Happened against Stoke too. I’ve noticed a few times that COH can slow play down and can choose relatively low risk passes. It’s a minor tweak unless he’s been told specifically not to make those passes.

Hertsccfc

He's looking much improved in the last three games. Good to see and his finish yesterday was composed rather than a blast. Amazing what a bit of confidence does.

Legia Sky Blue

I thought yesterday was his best performance for us. He definitely comes across as reserved and shy, so the boost of confidence from scoring in consecutive games will hopefully really light him up for our upcoming games.

Hertsccfc

I thought yesterday was his best performance for us. He definitely comes across as reserved and shy, so the boost of confidence from scoring in consecutive games will hopefully really light him up for our upcoming games.
Definitely his best performance yesterday in my view.

slowpoke

Torp will supply the proper passes and to his feet, in O’Hares defence he would have gone sideways to retain possession, Simmes gets his first touch better and Torps accurate passing & not forgetting Sheaf I’m optimistic with Simms at last.

Cally Fedora

Great for Simms to get a couple of goals. Hope he goes on to be a club legend. And the finish yesterday indicated there is a natural footballer in there. But let’s not get carried away, it’s an upturn from an average starting point.

JSL

Is it a fair assessment that Ellis's form has improved since we have had Torp in the team? Are his deliveries what has boosted Ellis's confidence and style of play and he now looks for the pass to him more? I appreciate Torp wasn't on the pitch for the second half when he scored yesterday, but Torp's arrival coincides with a spark in Ellis.
Let's no overlook that Ellis was the first summer signing and we still had Hamer then. Perhaps it was envisaged he would do well with that type of midfielder in the team who then left and only just replaced by Torp

Last edited:

ccfcchris

Just watched the interview with Clive after the game.

He comes across as quite a nervous person.

He's got the ability, needs to believe in himself a bit more.

He could be our Mark Hughes.
I was going to post along the same lines. His celebration yesterday was so understated

SkyBlueMatt

I was going to post along the same lines. His celebration yesterday was so understated

I mentioned this, it was understated but I thought it was great. Wanted to get the crowd going but still within himself. It wants to come out :ROFLMAO:

Hopefully when he bangs in a few more goals and he has 25k fans chanting him name like we used to do O'Hare, Hamer & Gyok. He'll feel more at home.

Astute

His celebration the game before wasn't a good look. Maybe Robins had a word with him. This goal he went to us and made gestures for us to get behind the side. I'm much happier with that.

Happy_Martian

A very good chance that we could have 5 players on 10+ goals by the end of the season.

An opinion that won't go down well on here is that I'd prefer this over a 20 goal a season striker. That striker has an off day or is heavily marked and your goal threat diminishes. Goals coming from anywhere and teams have to be more alert. An off player in that scheme doesn't detract from the team.

ccfcchris

I'd like to clarify that I wasn't criticizing Simms's celebration just pointing out that it shows he is quite reserved. I thought it was quite classy in this day of over-the-top celebrations.

baldy

Let’s not get carried away - we've been here earlier in the season when he scored a couple v QPR & we thought he’d kick on remember

Last edited:

Astute

Let’s not get carried away - weve been here earlier in the season when he scored a couple v QPR & we thought he’d kick on remember
There's a difference between getting a goal or two and still not being 1st choice but a bit part player and getting 90 minutes each game.

Now he has 2 90 minutes and 2 goals. Playing well for the team other than the goals. Nobody in their right mind would choose Godden to start over Simms. He will improve with game time.

mmttww

Because I'll lose my mind if I have to keep hearing 'Simms Will Tear You Apart', I'm gonna be trying...

Ellis, Ellis Simms
Ellis Simms
Ellis, Ellis Simms
Ellis Simms.....

x a lot

to 'Give it Up' by KC and the Sunshine Band. Anyone around block 15 vs. Maidstone, you've been warned.

You were warned, bitches. I'm claiming it.

Users who are viewing this thread