Video Ellis Simms scores TWICE on first Coventry as City score FOUR at Forest Green Rovers in NEW KIT! 🔥 (1 Viewer)

PVA

Apr 22, 2011
Sakamoto

shocked oh my GIF

LastGarrison

Mar 25, 2011
I know it is a step down playing against FG for Simms but from those clips he looked completely in control and clearly knows where the goal is.

20/1 top goalscorer might be worth a little nibble.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Aug 26, 2016
Interested to see if Sakamoto is as strong on his right foot. From those clips it seems he hugs the line and cuts in on his left

Speedie's Head

Jul 24, 2021
The new lads look more than useful.

FGR looked very poor though, and we clearly backed off not to embarrass them too much so there's a lot more to come

Reactions: Mucca Mad Boys

Jamesimus

Jul 19, 2011
Aswell as the obvious excitement around Sakamoto and Simms, Godden looked sharp in those highlights as did Palmer. Two young lads involved in the fourth did well too, does anyone know if they'll be pushing for a squad place?

Reactions: vow

Briles

Aug 8, 2017
Love Simms tapping his imaginary wrist watch after scoring, is that a nod to Vik?

Think he meant it didn't take him long 😂

Reactions: Bad Boy

Briles

Aug 8, 2017
Aswell as the obvious excitement around Sakamoto and Simms, Godden looked sharp in those highlights as did Palmer. Two young lads involved in the fourth did well too, does anyone know if they'll be pushing for a squad place?

A friend of mine who knows a few of the yoofs reckons Obikwa is the nearest. I Didn't realise how tall he was either

ProfessorbyGrace

Feb 6, 2021
Good for Simms to get a few; tidy finishes from him, though (obviously) he was puffing a bit. Sakamoto looks aggressive and tricky on the flank, and full of energy, but how was his crossing?

ProfessorbyGrace

Feb 6, 2021
A friend of mine who knows a few of the yoofs reckons Obikwa is the nearest. I Didn't realise how tall he was either
I was surprised too, he was towering over everyone. Must be a good 6’3, 6’4’’ (going by the video alone).

SBT

Sep 14, 2012
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a team look more vulnerable from their own kickoff…

Reactions: Jamesimus

Speedie's Head

Jul 24, 2021
My new favourite player I think just from these highlights haha
I wonder how his defending is though against Championship teams if he's playing in that RWB position
He could be very potent used as a 2nd half sub.

Happy_Martian

Jan 1, 2013
Admittedly, only a few seconds worth of footage but Simms and Godden look like they are reading each other already and can work together, unlike Vik and Godders who struggled as a partnership for most of last season (injuries and general awareness letting them down). And that understanding can only benefit our goal difference. Do we finally have the potential to have two 20+ goal/season players to look forward to ?

Reactions: San Francisco

AngryAnt

Mar 23, 2011
Admittedly, only a few seconds worth of footage but Simms and Godden look like they are reading each other already and can work together, unlike Vik and Godders who struggled as a partnership for most of last season (injuries and general awareness letting them down). And that understanding can only benefit our goal difference. Do we finally have the potential to have two 20+ goal/season players to look forward to ?

I was thinking that too, the link up play for the third goal was lovely to see, hopefully it's a partnership that can be build through the season.
It's nice to see them all back and some of the new signings are going to be fan favorites already, just hope they can replicate it in the championship as it's a step for some of them.

Users who are viewing this thread