Electric Cars (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

New cars don't stack up full-stop really. Even if they're more efficient, the rcological thing to do is to keep your old wreck until it expires.

That said, I fancy an Alfa...

Yep. Recycling is always going to be the greenest way to go. Buy a used car and run it till it dies after a long and fulfilling life.

stupot07

Problem is everything ends up going wrong and costs a bloody fortune to fix. I spent so much money on my Mondeo, I was glad when I traded it in for new car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

no good if they cannot go for more than 3-4 hours!

What bollocks.

The average trip length in the UK for commuting (which is by far the longest average of trip types) is 31 minutes. I do an hour each way, could charge at work anyway, and wouldn't do more.

The vast vast majority of people in the UK could use even a low range car like the Leaf for 99% of all their trips and with the cash saved on petrol and tax afford to rent a ICE car or take a train for the rare long distance journey.

You shouldn't be driving for 4 hours anyway. A Model S has a range of @300 miles and charges to 50% in 20 minutes, the time of a wee and a cup of coffee. People have driven them coast to coast in the US. The Model 3 will have similar or better stats and almost half the price next year. Similar models from the big manufacturers will follow.

You might be in the 0.001% who genuinely couldn't switch to electric and that's cool, but don't pretend you are normal or your outlier preferences effect the validity of the product overall.

Covstu

What bollocks.

The average trip length in the UK for commuting (which is by far the longest average of trip types) is 31 minutes. I do an hour each way, could charge at work anyway, and wouldn't do more.

The vast vast majority of people in the UK could use even a low range car like the Leaf for 99% of all their trips and with the cash saved on petrol and tax afford to rent a ICE car or take a train for the rare long distance journey.

You shouldn't be driving for 4 hours anyway. A Model S has a range of @300 miles and charges to 50% in 20 minutes, the time of a wee and a cup of coffee. People have driven them coast to coast in the US. The Model 3 will have similar or better stats and almost half the price next year. Similar models from the big manufacturers will follow.

You might be in the 0.001% who genuinely couldn't switch to electric and that's cool, but don't pretend you are normal or your outlier preferences effect the validity of the product overall.
Not sure where I said no one else should consider this because it doesn't suit my needs dickhead!

I probably travel about 3000 business miles per month so I simply said its no good for me as it wouldn't last long enough so kindly wind your neck in

Grendel

What bollocks.

In other words you are bitter as you can't afford a decent car or you are in such a low achieving job you don't qualify for a company car.

What a bitter little council boy you are.

Users who are viewing this thread