EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (6 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I always thought that the drivers should draw their cars out of the hat just before each race, that would make it interesting and a set of balls in a bag and just before each race the ball is drawn and not returned into the bag. one ball should be lets say the balck ball and that race is double points

Trouble with that is the teams they're contracted to include them in development stages and why would they pay a huge amount to a driver who may not even get in their car race day? Could only be done via central contracts and then issue is how much do you pay them?

Still prefer the reverse grid option.

Frostie

Is that us up but not Rotherham? McAnthony said he had no problem with us going up but believed Rotherham shouldn’t as the points gap was too small

We're the only club across all 3 leagues who would be promoted automatically

Leeds & West Brom have to enter playoffs with 12th placed Derby, 20 points behind them.

The proposal is utterly ridiculous.

mark82

We're the only club across all 3 leagues who would be promoted automatically

Leeds & West Brom have to enter playoffs with 12th placed Derby, 20 points behind them.

The proposal is utterly ridiculous.

It won't get anywhere near enough support across 3 divisions.

SlowerThanPlatt

Durham is alright when he’s not playing the shock jock, knowledgeable about the lower leagues and gives airtime to them which is more than you can say for most

AFCCOVENTRY

He says playing the rest of the season out, is the only way.

The EFL has prolonged the L1 decision so long now that it makes it very difficult for the majority of L1 clubs to kick on and play now. The best option in terms of playing games will be for a play off spot.

Liquid Gold

Tranmere’s proposal needs the support of 13 clubs in the championship too. The only teams I see going for it are those outside the playoffs that have a chance of them if they can’t finish and the teams in relegation places. 9 teams.

Sky Blue Harry H

Adrian Durham tries so hard to pretend it's not about Peterborough, but if they were guaranteed a play off place now, he would have a totally different view, Makes me laugh that he tried to pretend it was all about being unfair to Tranmere, when you could tell it was not.

covboy1987

I think if the rumours about us potentially paying 1.3 million for a one player are true as reported today - Firstly the club are confident we are up and secondly we are playing back at the Ricoh

Sky Blue Harry H

I see the Mackem board/owners are refusing any ST refunds over unplayed games - offering to offset it against future screening for equivalent games etc. Won't go down well. What use is free screening to 4 ST holders from the same household?

Also soinds like they won't offer refunds for the 20/21 season for those who have forked out early. their fans are (rightly) well p*ssed off. Forking out £400 to only get a streamed game. Mad.

Last edited:

MalcSB

Given that Tranmere’s proposal is based on a mathematical model, I found this worrying:-

Applying the MFE outcome sees Wycombe in the play offs but along with 3 other Clubs (Rotherham, Peterborough, Sunderland & Doncaster) who are included as potential play-off candidates.”

Isn’t that 4 other clubs?

AFCCOVENTRY

I think if the rumours about us potentially paying 1.3 million for a one player are true as reported today - Firstly the club are confident we are up and secondly we are playing back at the Ricoh

Let’s hope so. The current crisis will have Wasps in a pickle. They could do with some rental income.

Brighton Sky Blue

I see the Mackem board/owners are refusing any ST refunds over unplayed games - offering to offset it against future screening for equivalent games etc. Won't go down well. What use is free screening to 4 ST holders from the same household?

Also soinds like they won't offer refunds for the 20/21 season for those who have forked out early. their fans are (rightly) well p*ssed off. Forking out £400 to only get a streamed game. Mad.

If memory serves they took a £10 million investment from some American in exchange for guarantees on everything that the club owns-they're up the creek without a paddle

Frostie

Tranmere have done themselves no favours with those nonsense soundbites...

"The form team in the league"
A) Since when has form been taken over just 3 games?
B) They haven't played in 3 months, form is out the window.

"3 points from safety with a game in hand"
Failing to mention of course that they'd need to win said game 11-0

"Fair" "Equitable" Integrity"
Well... :emoji_laughing:

Sky Blue Harry H

Having read about the delay from Monday to Tuesday, is there a vote on Tuesday or just a discussion, with a vote at a later date?

Jcap

Having read about the delay from Monday to Tuesday, is there a vote on Tuesday or just a discussion, with a vote at a later date?
2 votes on Tuesday - delayed because EFL only sent ballot papers yesterday and needs 5 days notice for a vote. 1st vote for all 73 clubs, 2nd vote (assuming 1st one passes) for each division to decide how to end season. In just about any scenario except for playing season to a finish, we will be promoted. What happens below us - who gives a shit? I don't.

Mcbean

What am I missing - saw on central news last night the Cheltenham players looking forward to playing the season out ? Thought League 2 had been wound up or is just playoffs

better days

What am I missing - saw on central news last night the Cheltenham players looking forward to playing the season out ? Thought League 2 had been wound up or is just playoffs
Playoffs
They've been testing for a couple of weeks with only a handful of positives across Premier League, Championship and 4 L2 clubs
Interestingly most I have heard of were asymptomatic

Magwitch

It was said on radio yesterday or suggested that clubs play their games in hand which would mean us playing Wycombe then going ppg, sounds far fetched but the Premiership is kicking off with Villa for one playing their game in hand. Apparently Premiership clubs are also meeting soon to discuss what should happen if the season cannot finish, sounds ominous that but they are saying at the moment no relegation is not on the table but I’m wary of that. That all brings us back to the original no relegation and possible increasing the Prem idea from weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread