Doyle reception (1 Viewer)

Astute

Polite applause only.

Jeering any player can spur them on, although as his game is mainly effort that could make his tackles get him in trouble.

sparky

not technicaly the best player we had but always gave 100% il b clapping when his name gets announced tonight

aodea

Cant faulter the guy for effort and heart. Gave his all and deserves the respect of a warm welcome.

Diehard Si

Neither, it's not a pantomime. Just ignore him, he's probably expecting to get boo'd. If he's ignored it might throw him.

Nick

Administrator
Neither really, he doesn't play for us any more but I have nothing against him. I do wish he was here last season though.
Isn't he their captain now?

skybluelee

Applaud him (like most other clubs fans do when long serving players return) for giving his all in 300-odd games for the club. Then get on with supporting the team to hopefully 3 points.

ajsccfc

I'm going to boo him until my throat is sore, and whenever he chases the ball down shout 'he's behind you'. On the odd occasion he'll be nowhere near the ball, which will lead to 'oh no he isn't' and that should see us through to full-time.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Polite aplause from me, not the most gifted footballer we've ever had but he tried his best and for that it would be harsh to boo the bloke.

torchomatic

Doyle Torch.jpg

Cheer him, of course. He's my hero, you know.

Greggs

I remember people cheering Andy Morrell when he scored for Blackpool against us. Mental.
I like Doyler, never should have sold him. I will salute him at the start and the end of the game, during it he is the enemy, end of.

A polite round of applause at the beginning of the game for a former captain who played a vast number of games for the Club. Complete ambivalence throughout the 90 minutes, except for the odd comparison with Jennings for us.

Pigeon

I like Doyle, no reason for anyone to boo if as far as im concerned, he always tried his best for us.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Hated the guy while he was here, glad Sheff United took him of ours hand :)

Won't clap but won't boo either (as I'll probably Be in the minority and look a bit silly, especially as I hate it when fans 'boo' a player for no reason and suspect people would probably 'tut' at me for doing it :D)

Big Mo

Warm round of applause, don't understand this attitude that as soon as someone goes you shouldn't acknowledge anything they did for the club. Limited footballer but always gave his best, if all cov players displayed his attitude we'd be in a far better place

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm in the "neither" camp: I'll applaud him when he comes back for legends day. Tonight he's just another oppo player-when half the crowd jeer our players then applaud theirs, I sometimes wonder...

Users who are viewing this thread