Dovi vs. Marquez in MotoGP (1 Viewer)

Paul Anthony

Just what is is about these two that every time they go head to head, it turns it to a nail-biting, out of your seat epic? Qatar and Thailand (I think?) last year, Qatar again this year....

Have to say I like Dovi, he's a cool customer who races hard. I like Marquez too, so hope to see even more of this over the year!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190310-193754_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190310-193754_Instagram.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

ovduk78

I love the respect they have for each other after the race. I wanted Marquez to win but Dovi deserved it and the last lap was fantastic. It for me is easily the most exciting motorsport and certainly puts the F1 borefest to shame. Btw 352km/hr on a bike is insane!

Paul Anthony

I love the respect they have for each other after the race. I wanted Marquez to win but Dovi deserved it and the last lap was fantastic. It for me is easily the most exciting motorsport and certainly puts the F1 borefest to shame. Btw 352km/hr on a bike is insane!

I do like F1 too, but the sport needs to help itself big time. The racing generally is too predictable, can easily see why it puts people off. Certainly compared to Motogp, the action does become dull.

I'm always amazed how resilient Motogp riders are when they do come off. I recall a few years ago Lorenzo had a huge crash in a practice, broke his collarbone, went off to have a plate put in, and still raced. Then came off a couple of races later and bent the plate, so had to have another op. Tough guys. Didn't Crutchlow race with a broken ankle once as well?

ovduk78

I do like Fpractice ut the sport needs to help itself big time. The racing generally is too predictable, can easily see why it puts people off. Certainly compared to Motogp, the action does become dull.

I'm always amazed how resilient Motogp riders are when they do come off. I recall a few years ago Lorenzo had a huge crash in a practice, broke his collarbone, went off to have a plate put in, and still raced. Then came off a couple of races later and bent the plate, so had to have another op. Tough guys. Didn't Crutchlow race with a broken ankle once as well?
I was at Le Mans in 2001 & Biaggi went flying at about 130mph in practice on last corner, picked himself up, walked back to pits and got on his spare bike. Lots of them have raced when they are injured or come back quickly after surgery, how many times did Marquez's shoulder pop out last year, just had it put back and out he went again? Then we see Ronaldo etc rolling around after someone has touched him.

My problem with F1 is all the technology and changing stuff from in the pits and it would be even more boring without pitstops. I think you can see more of what's going on with the bikes and I love watching them slide about sometimes with the back wheel in the air under braking, it can sometimes be breathtaking.

SBAndy

I do like F1 too, but the sport needs to help itself big time. The racing generally is too predictable, can easily see why it puts people off. Certainly compared to Motogp, the action does become dull.

I remember going to Donington Park years back and Valentino Rossi was racing with a broken wrist and a broken ankle. Started 12th on the grid and ended 3rd. Breathtaking really.

CJ_covblaze

I’ve worked with/for a lot of riders in various race paddocks and trust me these guys are tough as anything. They give it their all every single time and if they fall down 99/100 they get back up and either try to carry on or if the bike’s wrecked they get straight back out there in the next race or session. Most of the time when they have injuries it isn’t broadcast as it’s seen as a scratch.

Melandri broke a load of bones including those in his ribs, ankles and wrists in qualifying once. He won the next day.

As SBandy says, Valentino has done similar. Not only on that occasion but probably every few months.

Hizzy crashed at Paddock Hill when he had a wild card in World Supers and carried on as normal after. It was only after a few weeks of riding and training when he had a bit of tingling in his fingers that he found out he had broken his neck.

The worst for it was Simon Andrews. He constantly did that bit too much too often and paid the ultimate price in the end. Of all the racers I’ve known who paid that price that was the worst one to deal with as he got beaten up so badly so often we all thought he was superman and would always bounce back.

They’re all head cases. Brilliant head cases mind you.

Bumberclart

Simon Andrews was a top bloke.
I was so happy when the TT named the lap to honour those who have died on the circuit, after him.
Bike riders are hard as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread