Doug King Takeover (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Ha ok then. Did you achieve much in the end then?

Feel free to link

From Spain? Probably ate an extra Paella one day as a protest

Grendel

I’ll fire up the Wickerman!

Animated GIF

Sick Boy

With Sisu gone it’s worth remembering the Sisu apologists on here who spent year after year defending the indefensible and attacking any fans trying to organise any opposition.
The following will always be traitors to the club and city:-
Nick
Grendel
Torchomatic
Chief Dave.
The NOPM lot were probably the same posters who described any initial criticism of SISU coming into the club as traitors.

Grendel

Evo1883

I would imagine though that there are genuinley almost next to no supporters who are sad that sisu have gone .. and that's where we share our opinions closely

WestEndAgro

With Sisu gone it’s worth remembering the Sisu apologists on here who spent year after year defending the indefensible and attacking any fans trying to organise any opposition.
The following will always be traitors to the club and city:-
Nick
Grendel
Torchomatic
Chief Dave.
Certainly Nicks stance on the Northampton fiasco was deplorable.
At the time I would have Tared and feathered him.
Just my opinion.
As for Grendel I'd have put him in the stock's, incidentally he'd still be there now.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Counterpoint. Everyone who continued to go during the Sisu era got us into a position to interest a buyer and get them out. Imagine if we had all snuck off to Cov United.
If and i know it would be a big If .The fact is say only 2,000 turned up for home games they would have been gone far quicker.IMO any one interested in buying would have seen the drop off in attendances and realized why.Any boycotts or protest in or outside the ground certainly drew attention to our plight. I was one who didn't go to Northampton and Birmingham.Hurt like hell not to go but the very name of the club tells you where they should play.It's just great they are gone no 15% no nothing just gone

Grendel

Wasn’t Linnell always fairly positive on phone ins about the owners?

mark82

Wasn’t Linnell always fairly positive on phone ins about the owners?

Relatively so, but imagine a lot of it is a) that he has to be relatively neutral being on the BBC, and b) they had to maintain a decent relationship with the club (who had form for excluding those like the CET who spoke out against them).

The Philosopher

Looking back, so many mistakes, so many idiots.

Out of the main characters, what was the worst mistake of each of them?

Joy for not buying the Higgs share back for pittance and probably paying that amount several times over in rent and lost revenue?

Igwe and saying Sky Blue Sam was too fat?

Ken Deluded for just being orange?

G Robinson for getting them in to protect his money and let all the other investors just burn (allegedly, and, it backfired)

Tim trying to mansplain when he’d have been far better going with facts that other half clued up fans could have digested and imparted?

Ray Ranson for just not explaining the Bosman rule at the get go to SISU?

The council for their egotistical b.s.?

Storey for d***ing around and stopping the club owning the stadium (I believe)?

Whoever thought Andy Thorn was the answer?

Brexit? (normally blamed for everything)

I’d do a poll: who was to most to blame for the SISU years but TBH I looked at doing so and wasn’t sure how so left it.

slowpoke

Poor Charlton fans are in a twist. Tim Fisher apparently at their game yesterday. Poor sods.
I’m sure Charlton fans were triumphant when Fisher and his equally useless sidekick Waggot left/booted out and warned us about Fisher and how useless and dangerous he was which proved correct.

itsabuzzard

Joy for not buying the Higgs share back for pittance and probably paying that amount several times over in rent and lost revenue?

G Robinson for getting them in to protect his money and let all the other investors just burn (allegedly, and, it backfired)

Tim trying to mansplain when he’d have been far better going with facts that other half clued up fans could have digested and imparted?

I’d do a poll: who was to most to blame for the SISU years but TBH I looked at doing so and wasn’t sure how so left it.
How did Storey stop the club owning the stadium?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

The Philosopher

How did Storey stop the club owning the stadium?

SISU didn’t have the money.

They signed an exclusivity arrangement which stopped them constructively talking to people like Doug.

SISU had put what basically was a “come and buy us and the stadium” article out in the Times. Their intent was clear.

Mad Storey pitched and locked SISU into an EA.

If Doug / AN Other had been able to get involved without fear of litigation
then things may have been different.

Therefore, Storey scuppered the chances of CCFC and CBS being owned by the same / a related entity at that time.

I fear it will come back to haunt us.

SBAndy

Don’t know about all that, but the iconic moment is surely “Onye, it’s a fucking elephant”.

itsabuzzard

SISU didn’t have the money.

They signed an exclusivity arrangement which stopped them constructively talking to people like Doug.

SISU had put what basically was a “come and buy us and the stadium” article out in the Times. Their intent was clear.

Mad Storey pitched and locked SISU into an EA.

If Doug / AN Other had been able to get involved without fear of litigation
then things may have been different.

Therefore, Storey scuppered the chances of CCFC and CBS being owned by the same / a related entity at that time.

I fear it will come back to haunt us.
SISU never had any serious intention of buying the stadium, unless it was handed to them on a plate.
It's the timing of the King bid that baffles me. Surely one of the first things you'd consider when thinking about buying a football club is where they play their home games and who owns the stadium. Would you not put as much effort in to securing the stadium (outright purchase, long-term secure lease, or similar) as you would buying the club itself? Now Doug's going to have to go to FG, cap in hand, hoping they won't either tell him to fuck off or have him over a barrel with his trousers round his ankles.

Samo

SISU never had any serious intention of buying the stadium, unless it was handed to them on a plate.
It's the timing of the King bid that baffles me. Surely one of the first things you'd consider when thinking about buying a football club is where they play their home games and who owns the stadium. Would you not put as much effort in to securing the stadium (outright purchase, long-term secure lease, or similar) as you would buying the club itself? Now Doug's going to have to go to FG, cap in hand, hoping they won't either tell him to fuck off or have him over a barrel with his trousers round his ankles.

Unless of course, he and Mike Ashley know exactly what the plan is.

jim20

you forgot Covid and Putins war in Ukraine!

Samo

I do wonder if King's 'bid' for the stadium was made because
a) He needed to be seen to do so to appear genuine re his intentions for the club.
b) To throw everyone off the scent of any connection with MA and himself.

Users who are viewing this thread