Doug King Takeover (6 Viewers)

kingfield park skyblues

Sisu wanted the stadium for nothing.At one point the city council were giving it away.Now Ashley will charge the going rate rent for the cbs.Happy stressing,big fish eats small fish

Senior Vick from Alicante

King is being used by Joy to drive the price up for the club, thats all this is about again. Who can piss the highest and SIsu dont give a shit about the club. King has dropped a bit of a clanger by saying they Sisu cant afford to run the club though as MA could drive the price down if Sisu sell. Kings not been approved by the league yet either so he wont have any say in it other than he is willing to take 85% of the manufactured debt, but its only intent. MA could say i will pay you a cash amount which is what they are after rather than a debt swap. Just an opinion.

nicksar

Hopefully Mike Ashley will make some sort of statement shorty that will give some clarification on the position of CCFC as tenants .
To the best of my knowledge he's said absolutely nothing throughout the process so far.

Flying Fokker

if I were Ashley I’d be breathing down SISU’s neck. Or King’s. King likes the sound of money. He’s likely to go for a quick profit.

Speedie's Head

I wonder what the Council has offered Ashley to get it out of its Wasps mess. Ashley threatening the judge that he'd walk away if admin not granted today - not a good look. I think this is a disaster waiting to happen and another stand off between club and stadium owner, with the council on the wrong side again!

GIMOC

Ever since sisu arrived at the city they’ve messed up when it’s come to big decisions. All the court cases, all the ground sharing and look where they are now. The amount of money wasted over the years is scary.

One final throw of the dice with Doug King, back fired again.
If only they took the offer of half the ground all them years ago

KenilworthSkyBlue

To be fair - this was said about our previous landlords, so I understands Nick’s scepticism

But the two scenarios are completely different?

Wasps never wanted us there from the get-go as ultimately they wanted to be the only show in town. That feeling of ill-will never subsided throughout our entire tenancy. The only reason why we returned was out of financial necessity (for both clubs) post-Covid as they were losing money hand over fist and we brought in a reasonable amount of revenue per year and staying at St Andrews for us was completely unsustainable beyond that season.

The Philosopher

Ever since sisu arrived at the city they’ve messed up when it’s come to big decisions. All the court cases, all the ground sharing and look where they are now. The amount of money wasted over the years is scary.

One final throw of the dice with Doug King, back fired again.
If only they took the offer of half the ground all them years ago
Hindsight.

It’s the Ranson and Ken and Ogwe characters that I hold responsible. They come in and act clever with other peoples money than scarper when they get it wrong. Poor Joy was backstage then but was left holding a poor hand.

Flying Fokker

I wonder what the Council has offered Ashley to get it out of its Wasps mess. Ashley threatening the judge that he'd walk away if admin not granted today - not a good look. I think this is a disaster waiting to happen and another stand off between club and stadium owner, with the council on the wrong side again!
There’s nothing wrong with brinkmanship providing you know you may lose.

NorthernWisdom

Hindsight.

It’s the Ranson and Ken and Ogwe characters that I hold responsible. They come in and act clever with other peoples money than scarper when they get it wrong. Poor Joy was backstage then but was left holding a poor hand.
Poor Joy? She decided to go in with them all! She gave them authiority to act on her behalf with her clients' money!

SHUNT31

The interesting part says, IN PARTICULAR working with Coventry City FC.

That is reassuring. Does it maybe hint at more of an interest in CCFC than we are led to believe, or am I clutching?

GIMOC

Hindsight.

Poor Joy? Really? She’s messed up herself using the club as a chess piece moving us to Northampton which instigated all this in the first place. No sympathy for her whatsoever

The Philosopher

Poor Joy? Really? She’s messed up herself using the club as a chess piece moving us to Northampton which instigated all this in the first place. No sympathy for her whatsoever
Alright then, she’s totally played the game wrong and deserves nothing.

Better? You win the internet points.

Reactions: KAB

Users who are viewing this thread