Doug King Takeover (6 Viewers)

chiefdave

Who was the guy whose name was 'accidentally' leaked on CWR leading to his office getting calls about his involvement in a takeover he hadn't told them about.

Wasn't Souness supposed to be part of a consortium that was interested back in the day?

LastGarrison

This thread really is shite. Still keep falling for it every time someone bumps it and a notification kicks off though.

It's all pretty boring isn't it? Shouldn't be taking this long and it just fuels the conspiracies.
And especially when you see over 100 people viewing the thread and you think something must have happened…….

shmmeee

And especially when you see over 100 people viewing the thread and you think something must have happened…….

General rule: new news normally gets at least one new thread. This has left me temporarily out the loop on inconsequential bollocks occasionally but stuff like signings and takeovers normally get one even if it’s immediately closed and merged.

NorthernWisdom

General rule: new news normally gets at least one new thread. This has left me temporarily out the loop on inconsequential bollocks occasionally but stuff like signings and takeovers normally get one even if it’s immediately closed and merged.
tbf, it's news to me how much effort some people might go to to get a slightly mediocre sandwich and a cup of tea, while sitting in a slightly better seat.

shmmeee

Where's that?

Pre match preview. What he actually says is

“We are trying to move on as best we can and are hopeful that (the takeover) is imminent, and we’re beavering away in the background trying to get everything rubber stamped. We’re just waiting on that to be finished and approved and then we can move on. Imminent is the correct word, so we are hopeful.”

and

“Yes I am looking to do something, hopefully imminently on that as well. We will do something and other bits of business as well and hopefully we can get the right players in to see us through to the summer. But as important are the lads who are injured because they are key to what we do.”

alexccfc99

It’s a shame the EFL haven’t been as quick to help the club and give them an answer either way on this takeover as they were to dish out a suspended points deduction for something we had no control over, wankers

ProfessorbyGrace

Is the takeover hopefully imminent, or imminently hopeful?

Two contradictory remarks from MR there.

He’s probably not privy to any more information than: “Next Tuesday, Mark, 100%”.

slowpoke

Wasnt Lakshmi Mittal (sp?) linked at one point?

And Eddie Jordan?
Think Mittal is a part owner of QPR now which technically makes them one of the richest clubs in football.
Just checked Mittal has a 3% stake in QPR not a lot I suppose but he is apparently worth £16billion.

Users who are viewing this thread