Dog Ownership (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

Been avoiding this thread like the plague. My dog, Lucky, has been the best friend you could possibly imagine. At the beginning of December he was diagnosed with cancer and the vet told us he might not make it to Christmas. Since then we smashed his bucket list, best christmas, holidays, jaeger bombs (I know, I know), and just gave him as much love as possible. Sadly yesterday he passed away at the age of 14, having smashed the vets prediction by about 9 months.

To anyone wondering if they should get a dog, do it. I've never had so much love in my life. I'm absolutely heartbroken right now, but I wouldn't regret it all for a minute.

Just wanted to share that and hope it's OK.
What a great post! My Shadow is just starting the journey/bucket list. Dogs bring so many important life lessons.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Been avoiding this thread like the plague. My dog, Lucky, has been the best friend you could possibly imagine. At the beginning of December he was diagnosed with cancer and the vet told us he might not make it to Christmas. Since then we smashed his bucket list, best christmas, holidays, jaeger bombs (I know, I know), and just gave him as much love as possible. Sadly yesterday he passed away at the age of 14, having smashed the vets prediction by about 9 months.

To anyone wondering if they should get a dog, do it. I've never had so much love in my life. I'm absolutely heartbroken right now, but I wouldn't regret it all for a minute.

Just wanted to share that and hope it's OK.
Heart goes out to you ESB1. I lost my old boy when he was 15½. That was 13 years ago and I still miss the scruffy bugger! My wee Chihuahua, Harvey, is now nearly 9 and apparently they can live for between 16-18 years, so he'll probably outlive me! It will be hard to replace your boy, but there's lots of rescue dogs desperate for the love and care of a forever home. That would help ease your hurt. Best wishes, H.H.

napolimp

Anyone experienced the following symptoms exhibited by their dog?

- Sneezing regularly throughout the day, nasal discharge from one nostril, sometimes blood seen in the discharge, yellow colour and can see it build up in nostril - snot all over the walls!

- A weird grunting at various times throughout the day, could be a reverse sneeze.

- Eye discharge from same side as nose discharge (left nostril/left eye). He's got Entropion left eye, but the discharge was clear until the other symptoms started, now it's yellow.

Symptoms have been going on for coming on a month now. Vet said it could be anything from allergies to a tumor. Antibiotics didn't appear to help. Thanks.

Mcbean

Mmm sounds like Kennel cough but the vet should have picked that up - poor little chap ! Hope they can find something !

ovduk78

do keep him away from others dogs as KC is very transmissable bit like Covid
A few years ago we were going away and had to put our dog in a kennel. She had to have a KC injection and had a bad reaction to it & had to have some antibiotics. When we picked her up from the kennels she had caught KC and needed more antibiotics!!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Ha...then just clockedthe date....ha ha. Fuck. Hope your dogs OK?
I'm very drunk.
No excuse, bit it is...

Grendel

Anyone experienced the following symptoms exhibited by their dog?

- Sneezing regularly throughout the day, nasal discharge from one nostril, sometimes blood seen in the discharge, yellow colour and can see it build up in nostril - snot all over the walls!

- A weird grunting at various times throughout the day, could be a reverse sneeze.

- Eye discharge from same side as nose discharge (left nostril/left eye). He's got Entropion left eye, but the discharge was clear until the other symptoms started, now it's yellow.

Symptoms have been going on for coming on a month now. Vet said it could be anything from allergies to a tumor. Antibiotics didn't appear to help. Thanks.

I genuinely would suggest find another vet if you can or insist on an x Ray at the existing vet. Is the dog insured?

Sky_Blue_Daz

We have a cockapoo shes getting almost 10 years old now and great company, but I've noticed that shes getting a bit tired and sleeps more then she used to bless her

Last edited:

napolimp

I genuinely would suggest find another vet if you can or insist on an x Ray at the existing vet. Is the dog insured?

Unfortunately insurance was not really an option as had too many pre-existing conditions, so I've just been putting money away in an account every month for any future medical bills. I'm going to give the vet a ring today.

Users who are viewing this thread