Do you think we still need an experienced keeper? (1 Viewer)

Citysince47

If so, just noticed that Steven Bywater has been released by Millwall. Worth a punt?

Citysince47

Your not Pressley/Waggot in disguise are you trying to get some ideas to cheer up the fans :whistle:

No way pal. Wish both would clear off and take their mates Fisher and Seppella at the same time. After almost 70 years of following my beloved City this is the lowest I have ever felt. Even in the dark days of the old 4th div, there was always hope but now. No hope whatsoever.

Paxman II

We do need a better keeper than Allsop or Burge for sure. Quite what Oggy is contributing in this area is debatable for me and has been for a long time.

We do need a better keeper than Allsop or Burge for sure. Quite what Oggy is contributing in this area is debatable for me and has been for a long time.

Shows how lucky he's been since he's become coach, with the likes of Marshall Hedman Kirkland Murphy and Westwood etc. Could this be the 1st time he's really had to coach?

Gazolba

Get Ben Amos on loan.

Terry Gibson's perm

Shows how lucky he's been since he's become coach, with the likes of Marshall Hedman Kirkland Murphy and Westwood etc. Could this be the 1st time he's really had to coach?

Would he not say he has helped produce these players or made them better. I am no fan of Oggy and would have got rid him years ago but having spoken to somebody he has coached he was full of praise.

Gint11

The goalkeeping position needs sorting. The goalie we have who is on loan has the makings but looks like on confidence leading to bad decision making. He must be coached by oggy who is a ledge so not sure if he cuts the mustard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zigojacko

The goalkeeping position needs sorting. The goalie we have who is on loan has the makings but looks like on confidence leading to bad decision making. He must be coached by oggy who is a ledge so not sure if he cuts the mustard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Allsop has to put up with bell ends in front of him like donkey Webster giving him grief every game like we saw against Swindon on Monday when Webster can't even deal with anything that comes within a two metre radar of him then I'm not surprised he lacks confidence. He should grow a pair and go fucking ape shit at the complete dross defending his goal for once...

ccfcway

Still think we should try and sign Scott Loach

[h=1]Scott Loach: Rotherham United keeper joins Peterborough on loan[/h]
Peterborough United have signed Rotherham goalkeeper Scott Loach on a one-month loan deal.
The 26-year-old former Watford player has made seven appearances this season, three of them during a Bury loan spell.
Posh's first-choice keeper Ben Alnwick is expected to be out for up to two months with a thigh injury.

zigojacko

Scott Loach: Rotherham United keeper joins Peterborough on loan

Peterborough United have signed Rotherham goalkeeper Scott Loach on a one-month loan deal.
The 26-year-old former Watford player has made seven appearances this season, three of them during a Bury loan spell.
Posh's first-choice keeper Ben Alnwick is expected to be out for up to two months with a thigh injury.

That's one of our special traits, wait for all available worthwhile players to be snapped up. We like to leave it until the last minute - or even miss the deadline altogether and sign loanees instead!

Oh wait, is Scott Loach Scottish? Sigh.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

First let me say I don't rate Allsop, however until we get a settled back four playing together regularly I don't think any goalie will look good. How many different centre half combinations has he had to play behind in 20 odd games. At Walsall the other week he had Pennington and Willis in front both had good steady games especially Pennington and Allsop looked safer than he has done all season and we won, so why change for Mondays game v Swindon ?

torchomatic

I'll expect to read all about that on the CT site in the next few days then. Not that I'm saying that's where they get their football stories from.

If so, just noticed that Steven Bywater has been released by Millwall. Worth a punt?

Users who are viewing this thread