Do we even miss Hamer? (2 Viewers)

mrtrench

If Gus were still here he'd be in the starting 11 and we would be higher in the table imo. So in that sense, yes we miss him.

The more pertinent question is if we will still miss him once we've spent the money he brought in. Torp so far... next week we will see who else comes in. If we buy well the sum of the parts should be greater than Gus.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The fact that it's up for debate shows how much we have improved . Would I have either Hamer or Gus back ? Yes.

Hertsccfc

One of. That’s why we signed Torp. Well see if he improves us. You’re literally arguing with the clubs transfer priorities here.
Central midfield has been our strongest area all season. We have missed Gyokeres far more than Hamer.

Both would easily get into the team but we have invested the money we got for them wisely and strengthened the squad as a whole, despite not replacing either with a better player.

shmmeee

Central midfield has been our strongest area all season. We have missed Gyokeres far more than Hamer.

Both would easily get into the team but we have invested the money we got for them wisely and strengthened the squad as a whole, despite not replacing either with a better player.

Why did we sign Torp?

CBS16

Reminds me of Grealish leaving Villa. Quality player but it led to them improving massively long term, less reliance and more focus on building a strong cohesive squad that can play various ways

SBT

When you’re playing this well and scoring so many goals it’s hard to say you’re missing anyone. Both Hamer and Gyokeres would obviously improve the side (duh), but that’s asking a slightly different question.

MikeyMoo

Watched one of their games. Hamer their best player IMO. Set up their equalizer with a classy through ball. Not his fault they're going down. I guess my point is that a Premier League Team's best player is one we've let go, and if we're better overall this time round, we've got a better chance of staying up than they do.

Last edited:

BackRoomRummermill

Miss Hamer but we have Sheaf and we have adapted brilliantly. I still would have him back in a heart beat
Disagree - he will be crashing back to Championship - he will go back to Holland - he could have stayed at CCFC but though nah i am greedy , based on that would rather have others prepared to see it through - i dont think MR either would want him

BackRoomRummermill

Becuase he would - he’s 5x the player Eccles and Allen are and 2x the player Sheaf is (coming from someone who’s a big sheaf fan)

as long as he’s not suspended he walks into the central midfield
At a massive cost , in reality he is not that good - be careful not to do a disservice to our current squad either ... 10 games unbeaten

Evo1883

Why did we sign Torp?
Playing this formation gives 1 of our central midfielders more freedom .. look how far forward sheafs getting in general
Whilst Eccles generally sits in .

Torp sounds to me to be the one who will be pulling the strings centrally in the final 3rd with a good shot on him too and an eye for a pass

SAJ

Disagree - he will be crashing back to Championship - he will go back to Holland - he could have stayed at CCFC but though nah i am greedy , based on that would rather have others prepared to see it through - i dont think MR either would want him
Can’t see how you can say he’s greedy. If you were offered roughly twice what your on in your job would you stay?

BackRoomRummermill

Can’t see how you can say he’s greedy. If you were offered roughly twice what your on in your job would you stay?

Of course not and he went , I don't know what he is on but for sure he is back in the championship next season - there is no loyalty. Why are people asking for an ex player when after 10 unbeaten games we have all we need

Do you think that we would be unbeaten less with Hamer ...................

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Of course not and he went , I don't know what he is on but for sure he is back in the championship next season - there is no loyalty. Why are people asking for an ex player when after 10 unbeaten games we have all we need

Because with Hamer we’d have been far better in that ropey first 12/13 games

Covcraig@bury

If you know why he left then you know why he did , ITKs know what I’m saying 🤫 he loves this club and fans . I will leave that here 👀

Cally Fedora

We don’t miss him as our league position shows. But he would still get in our team. As for him being 2x the player Sheaf is that’s just fantasy. He would also improve our set piece.

Users who are viewing this thread