Match Thread Derby Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Frostie

We haven't always got what we deserved so can't feel guilty in taking that.
Definitely a point that suits us better than them, just wonder what might have been if we'd been a bit more positive.

Interested to hear what Robins thinks.

Terry Gibson's perm

A point gained in the end and it will also have demoralised them, they must be spending most of their budget on the manager as I hardly knew any of their players

chiefdave

Poor performance but even so we had 3 decent chances, a penalty shout and a disallowed goal. Only real positive is heads didn't drop, a point is better than coming away with nothing.

Needs a better performance on Saturday. Need to start and open a gap between us and the teams in a relegation battle.

fernandopartridge

Take the point but that was dire... Get the ball down and play, mix it up a bit... We lumped it for 90 pretty much..

Liam Kelly sometimes has to be a bit braver too, can't keep passing it back for 90 mins..

Shipley utterly dreadful, ohare bit of a bad one too for him missed a couple.
O'Hare despite the misses was one of our better players, involved in most of any decent forward play.

shmmeee

Bit unfair on the manager whos got us here

Just a fact if you change formation. Like it or not Barnsley dude was spot on. Ten men behind the ball against the worst team in the league. As soon as we were forced to go to a formation our players knew we got forward and threatened them.

Robins needs to listen to himself and get some belief. We are better than we just played.

1234CCFC

Not the greatest by any stretch of the imagination but to cheer you all up... think how pissed off the Derby fans must be with a 91st min equaliser! 3 points much needed for them and 1 point doesn't do much! PUSB and roll on the unbeaten run!

Hobo

It is going to be a dog fight all season. Away from home, not at the races but get a draw away. Yes I will take that and move on.

larry_david

Delighted to save a point but don't let this fool anyone, that was shocking and if we continue like that we'll get nowhere.

Have to say remove Shipleys history with us. If he was a new signing you'd be SERIOUSLY worried

KenilworthSkyBlue

Lucky to get a point given that we looked like we were on the back foot for the majority.

Robins got it terribly wrong tactically and with the formation. He needs to know when to use a formation and when not to. I feel this really lets him down at times.

McCallum was the poorest of the lot today in my opinion - although Shipley and Giles were also non-existant.

Great_Expectations

Disappointing performance but good result.

The most frustrating thing for me; if we’d have played our game, and showed any attacking intent, we’d have won that.

As I said at HT, happy to keep it tight for 45, even 60 if needed, but to be defensive for the whole game is a risk and doesn’t play to our strengths.

Liquid Gold

Apart from Cardiff which was a massive mistake by their defenders the last time we scored a goal with 1 striker up front was against Swansea, over a month and 10 games ago.

CCFCSteve

Not the best performance and possibly could’ve given it more of a go earlier but had some decent chances and showed some heart at the end. Happy enough with a point

Porkchophill

I thought we were the better side a draw the minimum we deserved . Wasn’t pretty I think Robins being overly cautious, we are a bigger threat with two up front but the ships steadying

DannyThomas_1981

Danny wants robins sacked he’s clearly clueless
so you seriously thought that was a good performance??

and I don't want Robins sacked (I haven't been the one consistently calling for a taxi like some twat on here has been) - but i hope we don't see tonight's formation again. it negates our style and takes away our key strengths on the flanks with Giles and Dabo for a start.

Esoterica

Robins just doesn't seem to know how to set up to take the game to a team from the off. He can build a club, is a good man manager and has a great team spirit but on the pitch he's paint by numbers. He was the same vs Morecambe in L2 as we are now in the Championship - he's got no sliding scale or adjustment for who we're playing or how we're playing. Very frustrating.

We should have been more ambitious at Norwich when they showed how bad they were during the first half and today has been horrific despite the late goal. Jobello is the guy you bring on when you're 3-0 up for some minutes after his injury not to change the game in your favour and it was crying out for 2 strikers. Needed minimum 9 points from the 6 games including tonight. 8 from 15 now.

Liquid Gold

2 up front from the start wins that game tonight
Obvious. Completely obvious.

Can’t believe we have to concede to start playing in games. The most frustrating thing is it works, we look a threat, score a goal then go back to offering nothing again at the start of the next game.

Users who are viewing this thread