Denzel ... gone (1 Viewer)

covmark

slager gone

Well that was a brief stay :)

magic82ball

Will be sorely missed...

shmmeee

Sounds like he didn't like Cov compared to Holland.

I imagine the large increase in drug taking put him off.

duffer

First Donnelly and now Denzel. I wonder if Pressley's training is so fierce that it's putting off some players?

If so, by the way, I'd have no great problem with it. I want players who want to be here and be in the team, and are ready to work bloody hard to do so.

It probably isn't the training in fairness, there are probably lots of other reasons for them not wanting to stay. Maybe his accent is confusing for them. ;)

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He's probably pissed off that he can't get a game even when we have no other strikers!

Having a RB and a midfielder playing ahead of your in the position your trained in must be a kick in the teeth, no matter your age or whether your signed as a development player.

Oh well.

Best of Denzil, where ever you career path takes you next.

I'd rather see players released from their contract than us hold onto them and continue to pay them their wage.

Is interesting though that we've signed two strikers on per enand deals, both after being on trial in the first instance. Neither have lasted long.

RoboCCFC90

Well that lasted long but the lad is 20 years old and has moved to another Country away from his family, it's fantastic for the youngsters like Januzaj who can move here and earn a big wage.. Denzel looked good in the appearances I had seen, but fair play and good luck to the kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coop

Probably can't afford to pay his yts wages due to a couple of postponed games and a low crowd tonight the first of many me thinks

SkyBlue_Bear83

I appreciate the job Pressley has done but his permanent signings have been atrocious. Manset and Slager already gone, Webster and Seabourne part of one of the leagues weakest defences.

stupot07

First Donnelly and now Denzel. I wonder if Pressley's training is so fierce that it's putting off some players?

If so, by the way, I'd have no great problem with it. I want players who want to be here and be in t team, and are ready to work bloody hard to do so.

It probably isn't the training in fairness, there are probably lots of other reasons for them not wanting to stay. Maybe his accent is confusing for them. ;)

Don't forget Manset.....well you probably will ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

sbvet

Banned
I appreciate the job Pressley has done but his permanent signings have been atrocious. Manset and Slager already gone, Webster and Seabourne part of one of the leagues weakest defences.

Pressley has signed a full squad of players now. Three of them have already left, and of the players still here only webster has scored! This is very very worrying!!!

Sky Blue Pete

I think it looks bad . Either Pressley is having to take these players against his will or he doesn't have very good scouts

hill83

Pressley has signed a full squad of players now. Three of them have already left, and of the players still here only webster has scored! This is very very worrying!!!

panic-button-chrome.jpg

RoboCCFC90

What you have to remember CCFC is that Steven Pressley has no budget in affect and is trying his best with what he has, he isn't going to be able to afford decent players, Slager looked good if he has gone home for personal reasons that's not something you can control, Manset didn't adapt to CCFC, it's out of the managers hands to some affect.

Nick

Administrator
Shame, I liked him because he was called Denzel.

A bit random why he signed though, same as Mansett.

RoboCCFC90

Shame, I liked him because he was called Denzel.

A bit random why he signed though, same as Mansett.

Totally different to Manset Nick, Slager looked as if he wanted to work hard for his chance Manset didn't.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What you have to remember CCFC is that Steven Pressley has no budget in affect and is trying his best with what he has, he isn't going to be able to afford decent players, Slager looked good if he has gone home for personal reasons that's not something you can control, Manset didn't adapt to CCFC, it's out of the managers hands to some affect.

Agree to an extent, although you don't always need money to sign decent players and money doesn't always make a decent player. There are numerous Coventry examples of this over the years.

Also he had the embargo and the 1 in, 1 out 75% rules to comply with also which didn't help. It will be fairer to judge him on his signings he makes this summer.

Just pointing out, his track record so far with signings has been pretty poor (not taking into account circumstances)

RoboCCFC90

Agree to an extent, although you don't always need money to sign decent players and money doesn't always make a decent player. There are numerous Coventry examples of this over the years.

Also he had the embargo and the 1 in, 1 out 75% rules to comply with also which didn't help. It will be fairer to judge him on his signings he makes this summer.

Just pointing out, his track record so far with signings has been pretty poor (not taking into account circumstances)

Can you determine that though from players who have in some cases in your list only played between 3-6 games? It's not enough time to judge?

J

Jack Griffin

It has to be said, he has proved nothing in that department, this may be more related to the money available than Pressley's ability to spot talent.. but so far very poor showing.
Leon Lobjoit has to be added to that list, he signed during in July 2013 has also gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

speedie87

From what I saw of slager he was never good enough. The fact we had him on trail prior to signing worries me

The Gentleman

Can you determine that though from players who have in some cases in your list only played between 3-6 games? It's not enough time to judge?

He has had nearly 4 months and 2 transfer windows + loan windows, when would you say is enough time? All of our best players have been signed by other managers or come through the system. I hope he proves me wrong but as I said on another thread, this is one area that he needs to work on or get another scout or two.

RoboCCFC90

He has had nearly 4 months and 2 transfer windows + loan windows, when would you say is enough time? All of our best players have been signed by other managers or come through the system. I hope he proves me wrong but as I said on another thread, this is one area that he needs to work on or get another scout or two.

When the players who have been brought in have played enough games to determine whether they were good acquisitions, for example let's take Manset and Loza, Wilson and Leon were on fire while both of those players were here, who in the right mind wouldn't stick with these players, against Carlisle, Preston and Wolves Manset looked decent, but can I judge if that makes him decent in three 15 minute spells?

lordsummerisle

Seeing this thread title, after Trigger going a few weeks ago I thought that the Only Fools and Horses cast were dropping like flies.

The Gentleman

When the players who have been brought in have played enough games to determine whether they were good acquisitions, for example let's take Manset and Loza, Wilson and Leon were on fire while both of those players were here, who in the right mind wouldn't stick with these players, against Carlisle, Preston and Wolves Manset looked decent, but can I judge if that makes him decent in three 15 minute spells?

When signing a player a top manager will see if a player fits in because he signs him with a view to making an impact, he also is supposed to be a good judge that if he signs a player on a contract rather than a loan, the manager thinks he may be around for a while. The fact that 2 of his permanent signings and 1 loan have left shortly after signing worries me about Pressley's judge of character as much as seeing a players talent.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm not really including loans in judging Pressley's ability to sign players as most of them were probably only signed as short term.

From 5 permanent signings, two of them have already left and Urqhart is no where near the squad. The only ones to make an impact are Seabourne and Webster and they are part of one of the worst defences in the league

ecky

gone by mutual consent......read into that what you will, seems to be happening alot at city, probably saw the dump called sixfields and thought better of it..

Users who are viewing this thread