Deadline Day Thread (5 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

And the shit from the ref allowing time wasting. The worst part allowing the player about 3 mins to walk off. Bidwell really should have said fuck off to the Preston player when they asked for the ball back.
Then we get 5 rather than 8 during which Preston waste time culminating in the bizarre situation where Kasey wrestles the ball and the player is booked while the other Preston players throw the ball to one another behind his back for about a minute and we then play 19 secs extra

What’s the point of being tough on the rules on gamesmanship if you man in the middle makes it possible for them to fuck around like they did?

We wouldn’t have scored but so so frustrating

Samo

i am am having a late move - that curry from last night is making a bid

That's taken a while, a proper saga. Did it go down the pan?

Reactions: vow

Brighton Sky Blue

And the shit from the ref allowing time wasting. The worst part allowing the player about 3 mins to walk off. Bidwell really should have said fuck off to the Preston player when they asked for the ball back.
Then we get 5 rather than 8 during which Preston waste time culminating in the bizarre situation where Kasey wrestles the ball and the player is booked while the other Preston players throw the ball to one another behind his back for about a minute and we then play 19 secs extra

What’s the point of being tough on the rules on gamesmanship if you man in the middle makes it possible for them to fuck around like they did?

The whole thing which led to that guy walking off made no sense. He seemed to run into Wilson almost on purpose, then went down like he'd been shot but walked off with a limp.

More annoyed by that prick at Hull who went down right in the corner faking injury, we had the ball just inside their half, the ref stops play and their player literally jumps up to his feet. No booking, no consequence despite being clear cut cheating.

djr8369

In fairness it’s just our luck at the moment, the defending granted was abit all over the plac, but naturally when Fadz threw himself at the ball and got a good block in, instead of going for a corner or anything else, it pinged perfectly to feet to the 1 bloke in the middle of the area.
Yes, never seems to happen to us (I’m sure it does).

Sky Blue Pete

The whole thing which led to that guy walking off made no sense. He seemed to run into Wilson almost on purpose, then went down like he'd been shot but walked off with a limp.

More annoyed by that prick at Hull who went down right in the corner faking injury, we had the ball just inside their half, the ref stops play and their player literally jumps up to his feet. No booking, no consequence despite being clear cut cheating.
He was a little better walking down the tunnel wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he was back on the pitch at full time

larry_david

Forgot about this. The game was carrying on, not one person even stopped except the ref. Even their physio didn't get up and then the player gets up and has a go at our lad.

Why does no one in the stadium fall for this shit except the referee??

larry_david

Right I'm off to play footy for two hours. When I'm back I expect some signings, some deadwood cleared, Kurt drago to be linked again and to find out if that lad who posted further up has finally had that dump that was threatening him

Brighton Sky Blue

Forgot about this. The game was carrying on, not one person even stopped except the ref. Even their physio didn't get up and then the player gets up and has a go at our lad.

Why does no one in the stadium fall for this shit except the referee??

Tetteh I think his name was. It was right in our defensive corner too, miles away from play and we were on the attack. Couldn't believe when he literally jumped up and the ref despite clearly being conned did nothing.

Yet Godden gets a retrospective ban for a 'dive' which he didn't actually claim at the time

larry_david

Tetteh I think his name was. It was right in our defensive corner too, miles away from play and we were on the attack. Couldn't believe when he literally jumped up and the ref despite clearly being conned did nothing.

Yet Godden gets a retrospective ban for a 'dive' which he didn't actually claim at the time
Yep I said to my mate, refs just fallen for that and distrusted our attack and did he do anything about it? No

David O'Day

i really hate preston

Brighton Sky Blue

i really hate preston

giphy.gif

torchomatic

Yeah, that was very amusing. Just before he jumped up one of our players - couldn't see who it was from our end - said something to the ref. Something the player wasn't happy with and he soon forgot all about his "injury".

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, that was very amusing. Just before he jumped up one of our players - couldn't see who it was from our end - said something to the ref. Something the player wasn't happy with and he soon forgot all about his "injury".

Led to the always satisfying 'CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT' chant

Happy_Martian

I'm surprised we haven't been linked to any Forest players. They've got 19 in this window with a potential 20th on the way. I'm sure some of their old hands from last season will feel besmirched and want first team football, even for a 1 season loan.

Sbarcher

Sorry i have to disagree with you.It is alot weaker than last season.
I agree we are weaker. It also doesn't help when we start a game without our strongest 11 on the pitch. Probably the 1st time I've really been pissed off with the MR teamsheet.

Happy_Martian

I agree we are weaker. It also doesn't help when we start a game without our strongest 11 on the pitch. Probably the 1st time I've really been pissed off with the MR teamsheet.

Hamer was left on the bench but I'd like to think that MR expected Preston's underhand tactics so wanted to prevent another red card so soon.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread