Dead Super Group ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Got talking to a fellow music fan at the weekend about John Lennon as it would have been his birthday.The conversation got round to dead rock stars as there seems to be so many of them. We ended up with a supergroup of late stars. John Bonham on drums,with Janis Joplin on vocals,and with Lennon,Bowie,and Hendrix, making up the awesome band. Any other suggestions ?

Otis

Got talking to a fellow music fan at the weekend about John Lennon as it would have been his birthday.The conversation got round to dead rock stars as there seems to be so many of them. We ended up with a supergroup of late stars. John Bonham on drums,with Janis Joplin on vocals,and with Lennon,Bowie,and Hendrix, making up the awesome band. Any other suggestions ?
John Lennon, Bowie, Nick Drake, Prince, Keith Moon.

Tickets a grand each, pay on the (pearly) gate.

NorthernWisdom

Not sure they'd gel as a group(!) but:

Ronnie James Dio, Paul Kossoff, Tommy Bolin, Cozy Powell, Cliff Burton.

Can't think of a keyboard player, and I reserve the right to come up with a stylistically cohesive group!

NorthernWisdom

Sounds good NW - always liked DIO - could put Jimmy Bain on bass now too

Could indeed, forgot him! He'd def be suited to the style ;)

Main problem is the guitarists aren't really the epic fit. Not sure I could do without Kossoff however, it's a mournful sound in the extreme. Guess Steve Clark'd do as a guitarist? (Vivian Campbell's been hired by Def Lep to mimic his style, and early Def Lep has enough about it that he could drive that band forward)

Monners

Campbell is still with us unfortunately (which I am pleased about) - met him the rest of DIO back in 83 - he was a Gary Moore fan (unsurprisingly).

Gazolba

Drums: Bruce Gary (The Knack)
Keyboards: Ray Manzarek (Doors)
Guitar: Frank Zappa (Mothers of Invention)
Guitar/Vocals: Syd Barret (Pink Floyd)
Guitar/Vocals: Steve Marriott (Small Faces)
Vocals: Sandy Denny (Fairport Convention)

They would play psychedelic folksy punk rock.

Last edited:

stupot07

Jimi Hendrix (guitar)
Keith moon (drums)
Marvin Gaye (vocals)
Phil Lynott (bass)
Ray Manzarek (keyboard)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread