Day Trippers, Glory Hunters....isnt it getting a bit boring now? (1 Viewer)

GaryPendrysEyes

Does any of this really matter? It’s all just tribalism. You want to be in the ultra, fanatic tribe and feel superior? then fill your boots. In the end the club needs the whole range of supporters.
I found my sister and her son watched the game. Didn’t know she had any interest whatsoever in football. She certainly hasn’t been to a game. She watched because of cultural loyalty to Coventry. I found that quite sweet and positive tbh.

duffer

Don't get this at all. All of us started as fans somewhere. If it hadn't been for the unexpected glory and joy of 86-87 I doubt I would have stuck around for 87-88, let alone the next few decades.

Pretty much everyone who went to Wembley in the Cov end either had a season ticket, or had been to at least a few games, or was the guest of someone who had. On that basis who is anyone to claim that they didn't deserve to be there.

Chucking out cheap insults is utterly brainless, we need every fan we can get to be made welcome and want to come again whenever it suits them to do so, it's absolutely in the club's best interests. No one has to justify their attendance (or lack thereof).

olderskyblue

Our end at Wembley would have looked bleak without those day trippers….

Hobo

The stark reality is some of the season ticket holders aren't our best fans:
1. Misuse of tickets buying wrong category defrauding the club.
2. Some obnoxious behaviour towards our own fans, insisting on standing blocking women and children's views.
3. Being so pissed they have slept through games.
4. Have no proof but wouldn't be surprised if one of those that abused Dabo was a season ticket holder.
5. We all had our first game or maybe several before we got bitten by the bug.
6. Real fans just want people to come along and join in the song. If you can only make it twice a year so be it! But thank you for turning up twice.

Hobo

So you've no proof but you'll just throw out a wild speculative accusation anyway?!
I didn't just throw it out wild and as a speculative accusation because I qualified it.

Are you saying no supposed fan of Coventry City wasn't involved who was a season ticket holder? Can you prove that?

clint van damme

I didn't just throw it out wild and as a speculative accusation because I qualified it.

Are you saying no supposed fan of Coventry City wasn't involved? Can you prove that?

I cant prove they're not involved with the Wagner group but I wouldn't accuse them of it for no reason either.

Grendel

So you've no proof but you'll just throw out a wild speculative accusation anyway?!

They probably aren’t season ticket holders but the notion it was a racist free zone is a bit unlikely. In a pub after the game one “fan” said “why was the fat black c**t taking a penalty” - most were reasonable but I doubt it was an isolated comment

clint van damme

They probably aren’t season ticket holders but the notion it was a racist free zone is a bit unlikely. In a pub after the game one “fan” said “why was the fat black c**t taking a penalty” - most were reasonable but I doubt it was an isolated comment

I've seen some of the abuse, it was appalling.
I just don't think people should be throwing out accusations of who's responsible without proof, and if they have proof, let the club know so they can ban those responsible.

Hobo

I cant prove they're not involved with the Wagner group but I wouldn't accuse them of it for no reason either.
I am not accusing any individual am I. But I am speculating on a law of averages of 13000 football fans (season ticket holders), one or more will be involved abusing Dabo. Are you so confident not one abused Dabo?

Club don't run on pitch. Players don't run on pitch. Manager don't run on the pitch. But people still do. Are you confident all those are Day tripper glory hunters?

clint van damme

I am not accusing any individual am I. But I am speculating on a law of averages of 13000 football fans (season ticket holders), one or more will be involved abusing Dabo. Are you so confident not one abused Dabo?

Club don't run on pitch. Players don't run on pitch. Manager don't run on the pitch. But people still do. Are you confident all those are Day tripper glory hunters?

Its not about confidence, its about making serious accusations without evidence.

And I've not said a word against 'day tripper glory hunters'. I've not accussed them of running on the pitch or anything else for that matter.

Hobo

I've seen some of the abuse, it was appalling.
I just don't think people should be throwing out accusations of who's responsible without proof, and if they have proof, let the club know so they can ban those responsible.
How do you excuse some fans behaviour away from home. They have to be season tickets holders to get points and tickets.

The vast majority of our fans are superb. But we have some pond weed we need to get rid of.

clint van damme

How do you excuse some fans behaviour away from home. They have to be season tickets holders to get points and tickets.

The vast majority of our fans are superb. But we have some pond weed we need to get rid of.

I'm not excusing anything.
I haven't defended any misbehaviour.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

very true

It’s hardly groundbreaking news that a lot of people like the idea of a huge occasion at the national stadium and I don’t get how it’s offensive. What do we want to do, ban people for not being ‘proper fans?’

anyway it’s exaggeration, only a small proportion were ‘day trippers’, the entire allocation was almost gone before they even got to general sale, people talk as if it was mostly kids and people who’d never been to a game before
If there were a fair number of 'day trippers' then it's largely down to ST holders giving their +1's to them.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

If there were a fair number of 'day trippers' then it's largely down to ST holders giving their +1's to them.
I can only speak for myself and next door neighbour me son went and grandson also got a ticket both this season were unable to commit to a season ticket due to covid work programme. They will be able to next season and will.The neighbour went with his daughter who again cannot go every Saturday. I know another who could not get a ticket but attends a fair few games every year.I think most season ticket holder I know used them for people who do attend games.My thoughts are the ticket distribution was done well.

Grendel

There’s a fair few “fans” on here who claim to attend lots of games that seemed strangely to be in the scramble for tickets at the end

Saddlebrains

Im a season ticket holder and i lobbed dogs abuse at Waghorn because hes a shit lazy fucker and im glad hes gone

Is that allowed?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I can only speak for myself and next door neighbour me son went and grandson also got a ticket both this season were unable to commit to a season ticket due to covid work programme. They will be able to next season and will.The neighbour went with his daughter who again cannot go every Saturday. I know another who could not get a ticket but attends a fair few games every year.I think most season ticket holder I know used them for people who do attend games.My thoughts are the ticket distribution was done well.
I know there will be a lot of that. My point was that if there are fans that think there were a lot of 'day trippers' there, then the predominant reason they'd have got tickets is from ST holders. So those people complaining are in effect blaming the 'hardcore' that that happened.

On a personal level you may not have, and there were people on here who used their extra ticket to give to someone on here so it's definitely not like I'm saying everyone did, but there must have been a fair few who did, either giving them to friends who just wanted the day out or worse selling them on for profit.

Grendel

I know there will be a lot of that. My point was that if there are fans that think there were a lot of 'day trippers' there, then the predominant reason they'd have got tickets is from ST holders. So those people complaining are in effect blaming the 'hardcore' that that happened.

On a personal level you may not have, and there were people on here who used their extra ticket to give to someone on here so it's definitely not like I'm saying everyone did, but there must have been a fair few who did, either giving them to friends who just wanted the day out or worse selling them on for profit.

We don’t have 34,000 regular fans

ovduk78

We don’t have 34,000 regular fans
I wonder how many fans we have that can only make 5 or 6 games a season, are they regular? Of the approx 4000 home fans we get above STH I wonder what the breakdown is of how many games they attend.

ccfc1234

Why do people get so worked up at the fans who either dont have a season ticket or dont attend 46 league games a year? Its getting boring now, cant we come together behind the one reason we are all here - the football club. Should it matter how many games you attend? There are numerous reasons why people cant always go, or cant go much, but is that a reason to keep droning on with the same boring name calling? Would we have had the awesome site of the SBA taking over half of Wembley on Saturday if 'glory hunters' werent allowed in? Of course not.

I keep watching back the videos I took inside the stadium on Saturday, and it makes me truly proud to be a sky blue, the scenes were emotional to say the least. Even those who slagged off the flags idea as cringe must have been impressed with the spectacle.
I see it in similar terms to friendship groups you have best mates, decent mates and those who will turn up to your party if invited and there is free booze!

Given how good the Birmingham and Middlesbough games were for atmosphere pre and during the matches, I hope a decent number who were at Wembley will come to most games next season.

The stark reality is some of the season ticket holders aren't our best fans:
1. Misuse of tickets buying wrong category defrauding the club.
2. Some obnoxious behaviour towards our own fans, insisting on standing blocking women and children's views.
3. Being so pissed they have slept through games.
4. Have no proof but wouldn't be surprised if one of those that abused Dabo was a season ticket holder.
5. We all had our first game or maybe several before we got bitten by the bug.
6. Real fans just want people to come along and join in the song. If you can only make it twice a year so be it! But thank you for turning up twice.
Woman by me at Wembley slept through the entire game she was that pissed

Users who are viewing this thread