Transfer Rumour David Brekalo (1 Viewer)

procdoc

Oh I expect they'll be deep in the relegation battle after Christmas, but so will Everton, and Forest, and Sheff utd and maybe Palace and Fulham. Luton will need to maximise their home advantage and make that tiny ground a fortress. Its a huge challenge for them, but it will be interesting to see it play out.

Incidentally, I may be wrong but arnt Everton still at risk of a points deduction under ffp rules?
They’re about to spend 30m on a forward called Beto but I also thought they had breached ffp

JimmyHillsbeard

Clearly isn’t happening is it? Viking in the throes of a league title battle (the season finishes in December) and def don’t want him to go until the new year. Not sure if we were ever really in the hunt for him, Slovenian press has gone v quiet about his move since the bid from FCM was rejected.

TomRad85

Clearly isn’t happening is it? Viking in the throes of a league title battle (the season finishes in December) and def don’t want him to go until the new year. Not sure if we were ever really in the hunt for him, Slovenian press has gone v quiet about his move since the bid from FCM was rejected.
I think Scandinavian clubs will generally have to sell out of their league at non ideal times for them as that's when all the clubs that pay good money are active.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JimmyHillsbeard

Some reports Leeds may be in for Brekalo and might be willing to bid £5.5m

One report at least.

This site also reports they’re after Djed Spence on loan from Spurs.
Leeds had a dreadful summer window until last week when they signed Piroe. They’ll lose two big players this week but It’s all about saving face by bringing in some new faces.

BlueSkiesForever

One report at least.

Leeds had a dreadful summer window until last week when they signed Piroe. They’ll lose two big players this week but It’s all about saving face by bringing in some new faces.

Well that’s us out of the race then, real shame as I thought he could have been a great sneaky signing by us, seemed like a player that could have played as a defensive midfielder as well as a CB but hey ho, let’s hope Leeds buy him and he turns out to be shit 😂

JimmyHillsbeard

One report at least.

Another. This is Slovenian:-
Claims Leeds will pay €6.4m for Brekalo.
Certain whiff of Agent activity in all of this tbh

AFCCOVENTRY

Viking fans saying they are braced for Brekalo to leave in the next 24hrs. Looks like Leeds are willing to pay a lot more than us for him.

BlueSkiesForever

The relegated teams really flexing their muscles this year and showing how completely unbalanced it is.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Absolutely, they need to sort the parachute payments out as it’s completely unfair on the rest of the Championship. We did unbelievably well last season but it was mainly down to good training and two very good players. Imagine how we’d have finished if we didn’t have Vik & Gus. These cheap gems are out there but I imagine it takes a lot of scouting and a lot of luck. Compare that with the vast sums of money Leicester, Leeds or Southampton can spend on players and wages, it’s plain wrong. Yes they need to be able to pay existing players contracts etc but they shouldn’t be allowed to spend a large chunk of that money on new signings, there should only be a portion of that allowed for new signings, or something like that anyway. Just seems completely biased in my opinion.

CCFC88

Got a feeling he might not move till January, they are in the middle of a title race in a league they haven't won for over 30 years, it finishes in December, good time to join us and learn the ropes for the 2nd half of the season before McF rides off into the sunset/takes a back seat

JimmyHillsbeard

Viking expect him to leave. At least one club has posted an acceptable offer (in excess of €5.5m). Player wants to go to “one of top 5 leagues”

Brighton Sky Blue

Absolutely, they need to sort the parachute payments out as it’s completely unfair on the rest of the Championship. We did unbelievably well last season but it was mainly down to good training and two very good players. Imagine how we’d have finished if we didn’t have Vik & Gus. These cheap gems are out there but I imagine it takes a lot of scouting and a lot of luck. Compare that with the vast sums of money Leicester, Leeds or Southampton can spend on players and wages, it’s plain wrong. Yes they need to be able to pay existing players contracts etc but they shouldn’t be allowed to spend a large chunk of that money on new signings, there should only be a portion of that allowed for new signings, or something like that anyway. Just seems completely biased in my opinion.
Southampton have received well over £100 million in transfer income this window, Leicester will likely have received something close to it, Leeds less sure. But even without the parachute money they'd still be able to outspend the rest of the league.

Evo1883

Kelly said two players were being shown around Ryton yesterday....
nice wow wow wee wow GIF

BlueSkiesForever

Southampton have received well over £100 million in transfer income this window, Leicester will likely have received something close to it, Leeds less sure. But even without the parachute money they'd still be able to outspend the rest of the league.
Yeah very true and obvs that’s still a problem but I feel that after they’ve sold those players then at least they’re only relying on that money generated from players sold rather than also having parachute payments to rely on as a back-up. The way it is currently teams like Leicester, Leeds etc can sell top players and generate say £100 mil income and then on top of that they’ll get another £90 million (according to some sources) over the next 3 years. You compare that with what a club like Rotherham has, it’s just astronomically different.

Users who are viewing this thread