Dale Farm Gypsies (1 Viewer)

Should the gyppo's be ejected Sausage?

• Agree with the courts, get em out

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • Gypsy Sympathiser

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Do you support the gypsies or agree with the courts over the Essex traveller site ?

My view is ok they bought the land but then put buildings up without prior permission and approval....at the end of the day if I built a extension the same way I would have to take it down...the law is the law no matter what ethnic group you're from, you live in this country so must comply.

They are now saying that they will burn down all the buildings...I hope they do so the courts can bill them for sending out the fire service..

And the supporters are all the Tw@ts that crawl out of the woodwork when this is a fight on the cards, any industrial action, the petrol protest,military etc....they are always there the stinking scumbags..
they should let you sign up for the police in such instances give you a tw@t stick and let you carry out your own justice...

Well thats my view...rant over

Nick

Administrator
Isn't this the one Freddy is from?

If they own the land but didn't have permission to build on it then the buildings should be knocked down and they should live in whatever they have permission for (whether it be boxes, caravans or sheds). If they bought the land they own it so I don't think they can really be evicted from it if they were to live in things that they do have permission for or tents.

If they bought the land, got permission and then built on it then fair play they can do what they want on it (as long as they are still paying the council tax etc like the rest of us). I don't really mind gypsies on camps as a lot of the time they keep themselves to themselves and sort stuff out between themselves. It is the ones who break into carparks and leave loads of shit I don't like.

The whole PC brigade do my head in, they are usually living in country houses miles from anywhere and have gates 10 foot tall so don't see real life.

If I was to build a 3 story house in my garden, I would have to knock it down again so laws are laws.

JCR1987

Agree with the view that if they'd have gone through the correct procedures like us 'static' people have to, then I'd have no problem with what they were building if they were given permission. However, they somehow think normal laws don't apply to them and because they have their own 'code' by which they can do things their own way which, conveniently for them, means they can do what they like, where they like. They see it as 'rules for us and rules for them', whereas in reality it's purely 'rules for everyone' to which they should adhere.

My only concern with them being evicted is that they may end up moving up this way. Fortunately I don't have any land big enough near me to worry that they may settle nearby, however I don't like the thought of them being in the city at all - there's enough chavs/tramps/pikeys in this town as it is.

I suppose that you're right, they shouldn't be evicted as it's their land, but the council should buldoze the place. Illegal buildings are illegal buildings end of. There's a plot in Bedworth where a pub used to stand and I notice that the council have posted an order that it must be tidied up sharpish. we all have to live within the boundaries of the law. Gypsies are the same. I wish they weren't so secretive, they actually seem to be really cool people, that it'd be interesting to get to know.

Paxman II

The law is there for a very good reason. The problem with travellers has always been their less likely to abide by any law.
On this occasion they have clearly built where they should not have and that means they will suffer the consequence of their actions the same way any of us would.
Yes the law can be an ass and yes the council have not strived hard enough to come to an equitable solution and allowed the buildings to be erected making it a more difficult task now.
However there can be no argument and they must comply with the law.
It's rather indicative of today that here we have a council that has said clearly they will provide housing for these people and they refuse it.
You really do feel then that the travellers have made their own bed and must now lie in it.
If these travellers 'leaders' were not so cavalier in the first place they would not be facing this difficult time.
Venesa Redgrave should be ashamed of herself.

tommydazzle

They're not travellers (they've been there permanently and illegally for 10 years) they are Irish tinkers who can't get away with this in Ireland where this is a criminal offence. If they are not evicted this would be discrimination not against them but against law-abiding citizens and be another case of allowing mob-rule to destroy law and order. They've had plenty of warning so all the propaganda about old folk and young children being bulldozed form their homes is irrelevant. The hippies looking for a cause are the same dreadlocked unwashed who would normally be chaining themselves to trees to protect the environment and are seemingly quite content to support illegal building on greenbelt. The catholic bishops who are also coming out in support are presumably the same ones who turn a blind eye to child abuse as an occupational hazard by their colleagues in the catholic church (as the common phrase puts it - abstinence makes the church grow fondlers). And remember by not going peacefully they will cost the taxpayer millions.

And finally and realising this is a generalisation but generally when I have experienced travellers it has been that they have thieved and wrecked either from my property or friends and family. The worst case being a friend who lost a summer's trading at his seaside cafe as they camped on his carpark, stole everthing from his shop and then left him to clear up tons of rubbish including gas cylinders, old tyres and excrement. Ahh the romance of the gypsy.................

Marty

The ones i have come across are complete scum, even had one of them asking me if i'll fight him for my shoes :facepalm: Burn the fookers out of their houses, illegally built, as they 'live' in this country they have to abide by our laws, they steal, destory the local community and when you catch them out they resort to violence, If that Vanessa Redgrave feels so much pity towards them, i assume when they are evicted they will move into her back garden, yeah thought not, unless shes trying to keep these people where they are incase they move close to her :thinking about:. The courts will evict them, as it will set a president, and you will have people buying up greenbelt plots and developing them.

Sky_Blue_Daz

have you seen them on that site in Meridan? They have been on there for a good while now

They would be more acceptable (slightly) if they cleared there filth up before they leave and "travelled" somewhere else

When local authorities choose to provide skips/wheelie bins/sacks etc these are completely ignored by these people.

I have had the bad fortune to see evidence first hand of a greenfield site suddenly taken over by caravans and untaxed 4x4's and only a few days later after they have gone to witness the filth and squalor they left behind - you couldn't catch your breath (lierally).

If Joe Public resorted to this the full might of the law would descend and severe punishment handed out.

So as much as I would like to see some sort of reconciliation between travellers and public from what I have experienced they fully deserve the wrath and condemnation heaped upon them.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Thankfully, I don't think I'll see them here as I live on a lovely island! :whistle:
In fact there are notices on the Wightlink Ferries that state (something like) groups of caravans will not be accepted on the ferries if it is believed they are a part of a "travelling community"! I guess they must know the difference between a tourists caravan and a pikeys! Anyway, they wouldn't pay the ferry costs!

RedSalmon

It's about time something like this happened. At last the authorities have grown some balls and decided that this is enough. These people have no respect for anyone except their own kind. They justify their appauling behaviour by hiding behind 'human rights' and some mythical traveller/gypsy code. How long has this whole process taken? How do they get their money to run 4x4's and employ expensive lawyers to argue thier case?
I have no sympathy with them at all and really hope this is the beginning of the start of making this particular group of lawless scumbags live by the same laws we all do!! I also hope that the police start to take them on when they see the fuckers driving around without tax or insurance, instead of turning a blind eye because they don't want the hassle.

Marty

6 million?? are they having a laugh?? half of it is a green belt site and the other half is brown field site with no planning permission, they will only get what the land is actually worth, maybe a few hundred thousand after they issue a compulsory purchase order. Burn them out ;)

Astute

I remember the ones that took over the land at Spon End when an old factory got demolished. Must be about 20 years ago now. Hundreds of caravans turned up. Think it was over xmas/ new year. They were trashing the pubs and stealing from everywhere. I had friends that ran a pub in Spon Street. One of them put a pool cue over the landladys head when told to leave for causing trouble. They attacked the Fob Watch. That was the last straw. Lots of lads got together and went to where they were staying and started smashing up their property. Was a bit of a revenge attack. They pulled off after that, but left a massive mess as usual.

The law is the law. There are many laws we do not like, but we have to keep to them or pay the consequences. So should they.

idm1975

These people make my blood boil, absolute shits is what they are. They moan and complain about their so called rights and there code of living and about how nice and friendly they are and its all a load of bollocks. Nothing but a massive blight on our society.
The biggest thing that gets me is the constant moan about not being able to see doctors when they need to, how many of them pay national insurance!
We had some recently move onto our town centre green, the town i live is the biggest horse training centre in the uk, now around this big green there are horse walkways where the horses have to go to reach the heath above the town and they do this early in the morning, and they had the cheek to make a complaint with the town council about them being awoken way to early in the morning because of the sheer number of horses using these walkways! They were i'm happy to say effed right out of town a day after the complaint by a private security team of a well known sheikh who has his horses trained here, was quite a sight, they really didnt stand a chance and was rather funny to watch because these guys didnt give a toss for them or their non exsistant rights! Absolute feckers the lot of them, feck them all back to ireland!

Have you seen how much some of these are worth? Building estates in Ireland with houses worth £400k each. Cheeky gits have been claiming housing benefits too.

Users who are viewing this thread