Dad's Army (1 Viewer)

coop

Are we turning into dad's army helping out these oldies to get one last pay packet.Do we need the new one is he any better than what is here.

Hobo

With any success...it is about finding the right blend and combination. Time will tell. But what ever the outcome the sceptic has a guaranteed future!

Esoterica

Thought this was going to be a suggestion for a new song!

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Mowbray? If you think we're on a run!....

Samo

Are we turning into dad's army helping out these oldies to get one last pay packet. The 2 we signed on deadline day not young enough for you? Do we need the new one is he any better than what is here. Yes, definitely

Samo

Work out the average age of the side that starts on Sunday. Dad's army?

Hobo

Work out the average age of the side that starts on Sunday. Dad's army?

Probably the same fans who were outraged when we signed Stokes from non league. "No future, no future...nooow!"

ajsccfc

I make it nine players in the entire squad in their 30s, so sales of Just For Men and Werthers Original won't be skyrocketing just yet.

Captain Dart

37 players listed in our squad, Burton have 24, Walsall have 24. Something has gone wrong.

Johnnythespider

Half the team will be playing wearing tena man under their shorts, just to catch those last few drops !!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

A lot of ageism on here. You are not a senior citizen when you are 34. Obviously they are past their peak and are not long-term prospects but they could do a job for us in the short-term. Lets wait and see how they do. We can't afford anyone younger and more talented any way, so lets make the most of what we have.

Gazolba

If we fail we will look back and blame the older players , I have lost the faith now

No, if we fail we will look back and blame the manager for signing the older players.

Skyblueweeman

Complaints when we have a team full of nippers, complaints when we bring in a few old heads to add experience in the run in.

Damned if you do....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trondegilsoltvedt97

Wasn't sure if this was serious or not!

Last line up (from memory)

RCC- 20s, Lorentzon - 30s, Ricketts 30s, Ramage 30s, Stokes 20s
Fleck 20s, Vincelot 30, Murphy 20s, Maddison Teens, Hunt 30s, Armstrong Teens

To me, that is a balance. We have added experience yes with Henderson, but balance that with the two new young loanees.
In every squad you need a mix, and I think we have that - the older heads will hopefully help guide the young ones, as pressure of a promotion push will be new to them

letsallsingtogether

I thought it was going to be about us oldies wearing replica tops again

hill83

Very weak point to create a thread but you got a nice joke out of it.

2 out of 10. Must try harder.

chiefdave

Couldn't really care less how old players are. Although obviously the more older players you have the bigger an issue it will be in the long term but saying that we sell all the younger players anyway so they aren't really a foundation for the future either.

The key thing is getting in players that are still able to play week in week out. Nobody would claim signing Dennis Wise a few years back was a bad move, don't think you'd get the same response about Arjan de Zeeuw

rupert_bear

How many of our over 30s are on contracts longer than the end of this season, not many if any. They are here to help get a job done, that's win promotion. Remember the succession of youth academy players previous managers had to field or put on the bench when they clearly weren't ready or good enough. You can't beat experience

italiahorse

Couldn't really care less how old players are. Although obviously the more older players you have the bigger an issue it will be in the long term but saying that we sell all the younger players anyway so they aren't really a foundation for the future either.

The key thing is getting in players that are still able to play week in week out. Nobody would claim signing Dennis Wise a few years back was a bad move, don't think you'd get the same response about Arjan de Zeeuw

I'm okay with this but people should realise there is no 2 year plan.
Next year we start again with all the loans gone and with any of the older players that make it through the summer.

rupert_bear

Next season will be the same as this, we will have a few long term contracted players supplemented by upto 5 loan two or three out of contract players and Bosmans plus hopefully a bargain or two. that's the way it is nowadays hopefully if we are in the Cahampionship and still have the Mowbray factor we attract decent quality

rob9872

Old? Who do you think you are kidding?

Users who are viewing this thread