Transfer Rumour Dabo / Rose / Kelly gone? (1 Viewer)

Nobbie_67

Looks like guesswork, its the player most people on here would say won't be here next season. I doubt very much if the week before our biggest games in decades Robins has been telling players they're getting the push
Agree, he's too shrewd to do that, but if true I doubt anyone would be surprised they'd leave this summer?

Esoterica

Just some guy speculating that it might be the last time he sees the fringe first teamers, who contributed to our league 1 promotion, play?

On a side note - Dabo is built like a footballer there. After his injuries he's come back looking like a Light Heavyweight boxer. Convinced he's bulked up too much and that's what has lost him his yard of pace.

PVA

Key word there is 'if'. It's just that person speculating, rather than acting on any news.

Though it does seem pretty likely they will all leave.

Rose is definitely gone it seems.
Dabo and Kelly possibly could get deals as backup I guess. Though if we go up(!) then no chance.

Frostie

Rose & Kelly are definitely leaving I hear.
Not sure on Dabo, his situation is slightly different of course with us holding an option.

hinckley cov

Why would we tell Kelly he’s leaving right before our biggest game for years ? A players hardly going to play for the shirt.

andy86

Why would we tell Kelly he’s leaving right before our biggest game for years ? A players hardly going to play for the shirt.
Could well be Kelly’s choice.
Would rather be a regular for a league 1/2 side, rather than a bit part player in the championship.

I’m sure he didn’t expect this late run of games for the club, and looks like he is playing with no pressure. In contrast to the Wrexham game, where he looked tight and nervy.

slowpoke

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kelly is retained as a coach, somewhere within the club
Has done a bit of coaching at Acadamy could be ideal with the youngsters at U/18-U/21 level.
But has shown he’d be okay at league 1 or 2. Seems to have got over his injury issues.

no_loyalty

I don’t think we would, but Luton have done it with their captain.

Roger Mellie

Dabo has his house on the market apparently (my mate lives next door). Might just be fed up with Bannerbrook but wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t take up the option.

stevefloyd

Kelly has absolutely stunned me with his performances since he came back from injury its like the Kelly of old who most of us including myself thought was beyond him, he has come back and been incredible would love to see him offered some role in coaching here

Hobo

The club won't announce anything before end of the season. However most players will already know the situation they are in.

Hobo

You need to be open and honest with players. Kelly is a professional and our captain, he will play for the shirt staying or leaving.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I noticed Kelly mad a "B" line at the end of game to someone in far corner. Clapping all the fans. I sense that may be his last home game.Maybe he might get a coaching option.

He was MOTM away at Middlesbrough and did well at other recent games. Today at times struggled to keep up despite trying his best.
Mark Robbins has some tough call on Wednesday. All things being equal ,Sheaf and Allen will offer more than Godden and Kelly to the team overall.

rob9872

I noticed Kelly mad a "B" line at the end of game to someone in far corner. Clapping all the fans. I sense that may be his last home game.Maybe he might get a coaching option.

He was MOTM away at Middlesbrough and did well at other recent games. Today at times struggled to keep up despite trying his best.
Mark Robbins has some tough call on Wednesday. All things being equal ,Sheaf and Allen will offer more than Godden and Kelly to the team overall.
Sorry to disappoint the story, but his wife and kids sit there every game, done it for the last few.

Users who are viewing this thread